It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

racisim and discriminination when will it ever end !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
believe it or not Im currently living in the world s worst Discrminination country. Norway!

here they discriminiate against their own people as well as people with different ethnic groups and skin colors.
one find example is this ..

an old teacher of mine is legally def but she wasnt always that way , 10 years ago she lost her job and was forced back down to the bottem of the social ladder and had to take lots of courses and such because she lost 90 % of her hearing. she was pissed off course but here theres not much one can do against such a system.

id like to know when will we as a human race will finally be able to accept each others different backrounds and such . when will they be enough food to everyone housing ect .. in an attempt to point this out id like to dedicate this video by En vouge and john lennon..

this was made for me by one of my 13 year old twin daughters alora ...
edit on 17/3/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/3/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect Norway to be a discriminatory country, maybe one of the most liberal and open minded, but wow that's crazy. Are you sure you're just not generalizing the entire population? That would be kind of wrong lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
As long as there are differences in people, it will always be there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately, as long as ignorant people have problems, they will look for an external source to lay all the blame on.

Race, religion, social class- whatever clicks, they will discriminate against.... until they learn that it's the system that gives them their problems- not people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
I wouldn't expect Norway to be a discriminatory country, maybe one of the most liberal and open minded, but wow that's crazy. Are you sure you're just not generalizing the entire population? That would be kind of wrong lol.

i live here i should know , and yes they do.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
racism is everywhere my friend... all over the world... i cant see why it wouldnt be in norway. I have seen what it can do to people first hand... i would maybe go as far as to say it is pure evil or bad side of human beings... i have found even the most caring loving person to be somewhat intolerant of certain people or even actions by individuals now thats not racism but its judgement of someone because they are not what may fit your bill as rightous or good or normal human behavior by your standard... which is why i strongly disagree with religion as they see people that are different as sinners or evil doers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
when my a$$ becomes a hangar for pigs with anti grav and cloaking technology, soon after they form a facebook group and cause an earthquake on the hidden moonbase, then, we will have gotten rid of racism.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
an old teacher of mine is legally def but she wasnt always that way , 10 years ago she lost her job and was forced back down to the bottem of the social ladder and had to take lots of courses and such because she lost 90 % of her hearing. she was pissed off course but here theres not much one can do against such a system.

What would you have "the system" do? Pretend that she could hear? Keep her in the same job and act like losing 90% of her hearing won't effect performance? What were the classes she had to take, sign language?

Descrimination based on prejudices about superficial things is ignorant and wrong. Descrimination by employers based on the capabilities of their employees is rational. If someone can't do a job it's not the employers responsibility to support them.

Stupid people can't be rocket scientists, blind people can't be film makers, and deaf people can't teach hearing students. . . They're not being oppressed by a system. They - like everyone else - are simply bound by their abilities.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Unfortunately, as long as ignorant people have problems, they will look for an external source to lay all the blame on.

Race, religion, social class- whatever clicks, they will discriminate against.... until they learn that it's the system that gives them their problems- not people.

The system is not independent of the people. We create the system whether we like it or not.
The fact is that people are not yet advanced enough to look past their differences. The tribal mentality dictates that we give preferential treatment to people who look and act just like us, and that we fear those who look and behave differently from us. We feel threatened by different ideas and ways of life, because we fear that they will be imposed on us. We don't want to change our ideologies, and we certainly don't want someone else to change them for us.... hence the hate, violence and discrimination.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
As long as there are differences in people, it will always be there.
Ya. Imperfections. Reality isn't like what it's on paper. It's hard to predict and manage. Until we can accept that all are equal no matter what they do in life, we will always discriminate because that's how we see the differences between people and deal with them differently.

IMHO, this life is most like a game. The game is to do your best and to rise above the challenges. We discriminate so that we can have status and law and order. If you remove all of the differences we would have a purposeless life. There would be no point to getting up in the morning. It's because of hte differences and the hardships and the deaths and the wrongdoings that life has purpose. That's why it reminds me of a game because games are the same way. They also have rules and conditions and hardships and goals. They just aren't as painful.

Games are reality with training wheels. Play a game where everyone wins equally and there's no pain and you end up with a game few if any people want to play. Challenges give purpose.

Imagine loading up tetris and everyone plays it equally well. That wouldn't be fun. It's the potential that you can lose that encourages you to win. The desire to win is a purpose.

If there was no pain or no losing then winning would lose its value and not be purposeful.
edit on 17-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

The deaf teacher was not discriminated against in my opinion, though it is very unfortunate that it had to happen to her. As another poster mentioned, if you are working a job, you must be able to meet the requirements to perform that job. The ability to hear, listen and respond to her students is an integral part of teaching. In fact I have a very good example of that! My sister was taking a math class in College which was taught by a teacher who was deaf. He could only communicate in sign language, so they assigned an interpreter to him so that he would be able to continue to teach. My sister was despondent, because it was very frustrating to try to learn anything from him. She ended up not doing well in the class as a result.

Some people have the mentality that one should be able to do ANYTHING, no matter how unqualified they are, or what handicaps they have that prevent them from performing the job to it's fullest. It is certainly admirable that people try to overcome their handicaps, but some will just have to come to terms with the fact that if they're 5 foot 4, it is unlikely that they will ever be recruited to join an NBA team. Although I love music and would love to be part of a band, I have to come to terms with the fact that I can't sing to save my life. I will spare people the pain, and keep doing what I'm good at instead.

The teacher's circumstances are sad and unfortunate, but unless she can prove that she can continue to teach well with an interpreter, she may have come to a point when keeping her job would actually hurt her students.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

I have never seen more racism then when I was in the army. Although they would like you to believe there is equal opportunities at work, there is always favoritism within the ranks. Even more is when deployed to Iraq. More hate then possibly a KKK convention.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i hate rasicm and discriminination. so mean.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I'm having a hard time believing discrimination is as bad in Norway as it is in the US, or even South Africa for that matter.

But I see that discrimination can occur in different ways, and the fact that it happens to the hearing impaired is shameful.
edit on 17-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join