It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience With A Evil Spirit or Ghost.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello ATS, today I would like to share an event that happened to me while I was stationed at West Point Military Academy. It took place in May 2006 when my Squad Leader had asked my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I, if we would look after their house & dog while they were out of town on vacation. They asked the both of us to stay there while they were away, due to the fact that pets were not allowed to be in the barracks.

Of coarse, my Squad Leader being a close friend to the both of us, we agreed to do it. At first everything was fine. We took care of his dog Bo, and made sure his house was all in order. I didn’t feel comfortable sleeping in his bed, so my wife and I were sleeping in his guest bedroom.

The first couple of nights had been fine, nothing out of the ordinary. Then I started having these horrible dreams, none of which I could remember, and were very irregular compared to the kind of dreams that I usually have. The dreams would wake me up during my sleep, but stopped after about 3 days. I told my wife about them, and she had told me that she was having some very unusual dreams herself.

After about 3 days of these dreams, they went away, and everything was back to normal for about a week, until one night I was awoken again, but this time it was not due to a dream. This time I woke up because I could hear Bo the dog, a pretty big black lab, crying downstairs & what sounded like somebody running up and down the stairs. Thinking the house had been broken into, I grabbed my Glock and when to see what was going on.

As soon as I opened the guest bedroom door, the sounds of footsteps on the stairs had stopped. When I went down stairs, I found Bo, cowering in the corner, shaking uncontrollably. I immediately cleared the house, then proceeded outside to check the perimeter. After checking both the inside & outside of the house and making sure that everything was in order, I proceeded to lock back up and go back to bed.

After that, things were quiet for about 5 days. After everything being quiet for a few days, I was woken up from by sleep my the dog growling, almost as if was about to attack, so again I got out of bed and checked it out. To my surprise, Bo was outside of the door, with his face in the corner growling. His teeth were showing & the fur on his back was standing up.

This really startled me, due to the fact that he was a very well trained dog. He NEVER went upstairs, barked, growled, got on furniture or anything like that, so it kind of freaked me out. As soon as I said his name, he stopped, started whimpering, and then ran down the stairs. As I stood in shock, I thought the dog was maybe sleepwalking, and then went back to bed. I had told my wife what happened in the morning as she listened in disbelief. We couldn’t really figure out what was spooking the dog so much.

The next night, the same thing woke me up, except this time the dog had urinated all over the floor. When I called his name this night, he ran into the spare bedroom, and jumped into bed with my wife whimpering. Being mad that he woke me up again and that I had to clean up the mess he made, I yelled at him, in which then he ran down the steps and went back to sleep.

I was starting to get pretty worried at this time, because like I said earlier, he NEVER came upstairs, let alone get on the beds or furniture ever. I called my friend to tell him about his dog’s actions, and he said that he might just have just been acting out due to the owners being away. After talking to my friend, I was pretty sure that the dog was just missing his family.

Later that night, the same thing woke me up. I decided not to get out of bed this time and just yell at the dog to go lay down. As soon as I went to yell the dogs name, the bed pushed down like somebody had just sat down & it literally felt like there was a thousand pounds lying on top of me.

It was like I was paralyzed. I couldn’t move, talk, or even breathe. I was frantically trying to call for my wife to wake up, but was unable to get anything out. I was panicking and felt like I was close to passing out due to lack of oxygen. Then right before the moment I thought I was going to be out, all the “weight” was lifted from me. As soon as the pressure was off of me, the scream I was trying to let out came out. I was out of breath and sweating profusely.

I heard the dog start crying and heard him rundown the stairs. My wife woke up, asked me what was going on. After I told her, we packed up our stuff, grabbed the dog & left immediately. We did not return back to the house until the homeowner returned. When I told my Squad Leader what had happened while he was gone, he thought I was joking. But when he finally realized that I wasn’t joking, he was shocked at what happened. He told me that nothing has ever happened like that to him or his family before and still couldn’t believe what had happened.

To this day, I have still not been back to that house. My friend has since moved out of that house, but had never witnessed anything like I had while he was at that residence. Now I ask, has anybody heard of anything like this happening before or has anybody here at ATS even experienced anything like this? It only happened to me this one time, and I haven’t witnessed anything like this before. This event was very startling for me, and it left me pretty shook up.

Any questions or comments are welcome and I thank everyone for taking the time to read my post.

_ Buddy McLean

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A feeling of weight, like a great force laying on top of you and holding you down is a common thing amongst cases of demonic "attack" or possession. It could also be some kind of sleep paralysis, but due to the other events going on I'd be fairly certain you do in fact have some kind of spiritual activity. You should definitely pay attention to your dog. If he seems scared or seems like he notices something, he very well may. Animals, especially dogs, tend to be more aware of such things.
Be aware of any negativity that enters your life. Try not to be influenced to do or act in certain ways that are uncharacteristic for you. Stay positive, and if you continue to have problems like this, consider talking to a religious/spiritual adviser such as a priest or pastor.
Never assume you can fight it on your own.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

The dog wasnt mine, I was just watching a house for a friend. This event happened a few years ao and has not happened again.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
A feeling of weight, like a great force laying on top of you and holding you down is a common thing amongst cases of demonic "attack" or possession.

Yes and they don't really care about your supposed "free will", these things feed off of your own negativity, which is how they can pierce your magnetic/auric fields. If you are in a relationship and your significant other is vibrating in a negative magnetic field of thought, these things can get to you through them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

So do you think our nightmares have anything to do with feeding it, or just our fear that it caused?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's very possible the entity created the nightmares to trigger a fear response. I do know of a few instances where supernatural entities have displayed the ability to create the entire dream and it's contents. I'm not sure how it really works, but I'm assuming that when your gaurd is down during REM sleep it allows the entity to influence your thoughts in ways that may not be possible during waking consciousness.

Having said that, I'm not really sure if spirits "feed" off of negative energy. I'm not entirely sure if there's any concrete evidence to support this theory. I think it's more likely that supernatural entities seek to frighten the living purely for self-gratification and nothing else. Kind of like a bully, if you will.

edit on 17-3-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zyrna539

Thank you for the info, it is hard to understand something I know nothing about so this is very helpful!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

How would I personally know that I am acting different unless I was told by somebody else?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BuddyMclean

Well, for example, if you typically do not use drugs or alcohol and suddenly find yourself being tempted to do such things, it may be a sign that you are being influenced in some way. Or maybe you find yourself becoming angry towards people quicker or suddenly become depressed; the point is to be yourself and try to stay positive. Don't let yourself be influenced negatively.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Thats kind of crazy you mentioning getting angry at people fast, its one of the thing that Ive struggled with since I got out of the military.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BuddyMclean

Later that night, the same thing woke me up. I decided not to get out of bed this time and just yell at the dog to go lay down. As soon as I went to yell the dogs name, the bed pushed down like somebody had just sat down & it literally felt like there was a thousand pounds lying on top of me.

It was like I was paralyzed. I couldn’t move, talk, or even breathe. I was frantically trying to call for my wife to wake up, but was unable to get anything out. I was panicking and felt like I was close to passing out due to lack of oxygen. Then right before the moment I thought I was going to be out, all the “weight” was lifted from me. As soon as the pressure was off of me, the scream I was trying to let out came out. I was out of breath and sweating profusely.

I've had something similar happen to me to be perfectly honest - It has never been paranormal though and I'm kind of surprised, given the quoted explanation you gave above, no one has actually mentioned this yet. I'm talking about Sleep Paralysis - something hugely common and something that will most probably happen to everyone reading this post at some point in there lives.

Whether this is what you actually experienced is a different thing though of course but to me it does sound like it a lot. Especially since you actually say you felt as though you was paralyzed, couldn't talk, not even be able to breathe - something I can confidently say has happened to me on more than one occasion and something I can be confident in saying was nothing but SP (sleep paralysis) as well.

And whether this has happened to you before is irrelevant also, as I said, It will more than likely happen to everyone at least once in there lives. As far as I'm aware SP has 2 different types also - CSP (common sleep paralysis), which is the kind which happens for a fairly short period of time and will be the kind which will most commonly occur for people, and HSP (Hallucinatory Sleep Paralysis), the kind which lasts for a lot longer and causes people to hallucinate (an explanation for many abduction stories or Old hag syndrome perhaps)

From reading your story, you seem to fit into CSP, assuming it was SP at all of course as It lasted for a short period of time, and you gave what sounds like all of the "symptoms" of it. The shortness of breath, not being able to talk, Paralysis, then suddenly It all comes back etc. Again, something I can say has happened to me.

So, I wouldn't worry about being attacked or anything like that, It was more than likely something explainable here. The odd behavior of the dog seems to have just made it seem as though It was a extraordinary incident. And believe me when I say you'll be hard pressed to find someone who wasn't scared the first time this has happened to them. Again, assuming it was SP.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It may have been a simple case of sleep paralysis, but he did mention that it felt like someone sat down on the bed. I've never heard of that sort of thing occuring during sleep paralysis.
edit on 18-3-2011 by zyrna539 because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yes thats why i ruled out sleep paralysis because it was like someone sat on the bed next to me, as soon as i noticed it is when i couldnt move. I also wasnt asleep, I was wide akake when it happened.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Agreed and It was just a thought... After all, It's better to look for the logical explanation as opposed to the Supernatural one IMO.

new topics

top topics

join