It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS mainly populated by guys, ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Because guys are smarter....we base are comments off of statistics, and facts....where as women base their responses off of emotion..which is usually drowned out by hormones.

All those facts and statistics about aliens and 9/11 don't impress anyone in real life, they just make girls not want to talk to you. Here though, you can feel like you're appearing smart in front of other dudes online. Totally worth it.

I think we would certainly benefit from a more evenly mixed population. Sometimes the girls' "hormonally drowned out emotional responses" can be quite pleasant. Alas, for some reason they don't seem interested debating intelligent design, or whether or not someone is a starchild. It must be only smart people who are into that stuff. . .
edit on 3/17/11 by OnceReturned because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I can't believe you said this:

I think most girls are too busy putting on make up or shopping to care about this stuff.

Completely sexist, and spreading a stereotype. Don't encourage other women to be strong, independent souls....demote them with your prejudicial views. Most women are busy becoming educated, working, mothering, volunteering or other worthwhile endeavors. Wow. Sad to see this is your perspective on women.

reply to post by NerdGoddess

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Because guys are smarter....we base are comments off of statistics, and facts....where as women base their responses off of emotion..which is usually drowned out by hormones.

I "kind of" have to agree with you. SOME women can't control their emotional releases, this is a fact, not sexist. I know many whom can't access their mammalian higher brain functions during an emotional attack from their hormones, and I think this is caused by what is in the American food & water supply, not their faults.

My gf struggles with this problem on a weekly basis, and when she calms down, she sees how irrational and out of control she was at those times, and she tries learning from that experience. Men suffer from the same issues based off testosterone levels. Both of these affects cause reptilian brain functions and operations "only" and mammalian higher brain activity does not function. They want us to all act like the manimals they think we all are.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
'Most girls'? Women who have the choice to primp, party and narcissisticly focus exclusively on their lives are few. 'Most girls' are going to school, working, raising children, pursuing their dreams, and still fighting for some respect from cavemen like you.

reply to post by mayabong

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Err, you are joking right?? If not then wow, way to give other guys a bad name with ridiculous sexist comments like that.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

of course im kidding, this thread is a joke, so why not the comments be! I mean, come on, really? This thread is a waste of thread space~

by the way, no sexist comments were made....a dictionary would do you loads of good~
edit on 17-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
'Most girls'? Women who have the choice to primp, party and narcissisticly focus exclusively on their lives are few. 'Most girls' are going to school, working, raising children, pursuing their dreams, and still fighting for some respect from cavemen like you.

reply to post by mayabong

No, it is not "most girls" doing this, that is if you're talking about Americanized women. The majority of them are lost souls and heavily programed and manipulated. Their Facebook pages are sociopathic, they are going to school to "be in financial aid debt, student loan slavery"... they "have to work" or collect welfare because they had children that weren't planned for ...they are pursuing the propaganda dream they think is their own.... and if they have to fight for male respect, then they are doing something very wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There are absolutely tons of girls on ATS, I have actually weighed them and it's about 4.7 tons.

Maybe you just haven't noticed cos they don't have IM A GIRL written on their profile

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

of course im kidding, this thread is a joke, so why not the comments be! I mean, come on, really? This thread is a waste of thread space~

Thank god, you had me worried there for a second. I mean, how anyone can have that mindset you showed, I really do not know.

by the way, no sexist comments were made....a dictionary would do you loads of good~

Yes, because the first 2 lines of your second post for example reeeally aren't sexist comments. *facepalm*

Not forgetting the first 4 words of your first post.

If you can't see how they are sexist, when used in a serious way, then wow. Just wow.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Rising Against because: typo..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Thank god, you had me worried there for a second. I mean, how anyone can have that mindset you showed, I really do not know.

Yes, because the first 2 lines of your second post for example reeeally aren't sexist comments. *facepalm*

Not forgetting the first 4 words of your first post.

If you can't see how they are sexist, when used in a serious way, then wow. Just wow.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Rising Against because: typo..

Why not take a moment to step back from your pc, take a deep breathe. 2 lines of second post were extreme sarcasm, thus the reason I admitted to making " kidding comments"? Even if I used say, my second post as an example, as a legitimate comment, using adjectives to describe a group of people's actions, isnt sexist in the sense of demeaning behavior. now calling a woman slut, whore, or making comments like " get back in the kitchen wench" now that would be sexist. I simply used adjectives to illicit a prescribed response.

sexist defined:

male chauvinist: a man with a chauvinistic belief in the inferiority of women

discriminatory on the basis of sex

Comments about balancing check books while driving etc, is not sexist....telling her to get back in her place, now that would be sexist.

Come on RA: keep up with the program now~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Same reason "FriendsOfRealityTV.com" is populated by mostly women....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

And tv shows like "the View '.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
New thread: Why is Lifetime Channel mostly watched by women?
Winner?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

There are absolutely tons of girls on ATS, I have actually weighed them and it's about 4.7 tons.

You do know that we're only going to admit to 3.7 tons of that

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Why is it, that only the guys, think that this is a guy's site?

My thoughts exactly! I can't tell you how many people have said to me: "I thought you were a guy"!
Silly boys.

reply to post by Rising Against

It's OK. We don't give these silly comments any credence anyway.

edit on 3/17/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

Alright, since everyone seems to have rather strange opinions (especially females), allow me to demonstrate why woman frequent ATS less using what everyone knows is the best source of knowledge on the internet (youtube)...

If there are any armchair feminists on the boards, I do not intend to arm wrestle about facts.

I am just kidding and no harm intended in case my sarcasm was not detected.

In my opinion there is actually quite a lot of female posters on this site from what I have seen.

edit on 17-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've seen many female members on the board (and in the staff). In fact, I'd wager many of our most valuable members are female (the conspiracy chicks come to mind, for example).

In addition, it's difficult to tell the gender of a member online. Many of those you think are guys could easily be women. The avatar or username doesn't always give it away.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My sons cite 420 chan -- My fathers site Poker Stars---My brothers site some liberal news site---My site(mother daughter and sister to these men )is ATS...Oh ya my brother called me yesterday to tell me my site might not be far off (as he thought) seeings as all the disaster are now hitting the world.Remember men behind every good man there is a WOMEN

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Remember men behind every good man there is a WOMEN

Heck, female...

Fe - Male

=

Iron - Man

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I liked that one...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Hahaha few tins ay. Nice to see some ladies stepping back to look at the big picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join