It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS mainly populated by guys, ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why do you think ATS is mainly a guys site, anyone know or have an opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thats sexist!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

Can you see a bunch a girls chit chatting on here? I know there are some which is quite respectable, but it's hard finding chicks who follow conspiracy theories and the like.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321

Because guys are smarter...every girlfriend I have had cannot stand me even on this site, never mind talking about any conspiracy. It is like they are here to stop us getting closer to the truth

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
Thats sexist!

No your sexiest

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think it's because guys gravitate towards doom and gloom, morbidity and War scenarios more than Women. Look at our Video games today. 99% geared towards guys. Not sexist, just genetics.

Kinda like asking why Martha Stewart sites attract more Women than men...just personal interests I guess.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

Originally posted by 10987654321

Because guys are smarter...every girlfriend I have had cannot stand me even on this site, never mind talking about any conspiracy. It is like they are here to stop us getting closer to the truth

You think it's just guy's that get that?
Apparently first born son accused me of scaring myself again, just because I'd restocked the larder!

Can't even buy a few tins of beans now without eye's getting rolled at me.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Most girls would rather see what lady gaga is doing or read the latest issue of cosmo. The girls on here are super cool tho. Another thing is that negative talk of the future upsets girls and they would rather just not know. That's how my gf is but we have a kid so I kinda understand. Peace (looking at the cover of the newest cosmo right now. What a waste of money.)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Because guys are smarter....we base are comments off of statistics, and facts....where as women base their responses off of emotion..which is usually drowned out by hormones.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why is it, that only the guys, think that this is a guy's site?

And many women base their responses off of instinct and intuition.
Those don't get drowned out by hormones, when we think things through logically.
I guess the logical side of us comes with age?
edit on 17-3-2011 by snowspirit because: men

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
it's not about whos smarter guys or girls.it;s about interest.girls these days interested in how to look good n sexy,music nails movies get trashed in bars etc....ohh and chit chat about guys..guys like interesting MAN stuff,war politics cars.
im a woman and i spent more time here than any other site.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Logical thinkers// BWAHAHAHAHA!!! you keep thinking that.....wheres the logic in driving a car, while putting make up on, and balancing your check book at the same time...yeah ..real logical~

On topic, its about topic interests.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know there are females on here all the time. But, they are less obvious often than the males because they make less stupid threads than most guys do. Don't get me wrong here. Most guys don't make the stupid threads. Just most stupid threads are made by guys.

The females seem to come up with more thoughtful answers and ideas on here. Unfortunately, it's the idiot threads that always seem to make it to the top of the charts on ATS lately. They are all made by males. So it seems there are less females than males. Maybe a few, I don't really know.

But, whether I agree with them or not, the female posts are usually a lot more intelligent than the normal trash that everyone sees that is started by the males.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The females seem to come up with more thoughtful answers and ideas on here

Which would further suggest there responses are based off of emotion does it not?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by webpirate

The females seem to come up with more thoughtful answers and ideas on here

Which would further suggest there responses are based off of emotion does it not?

No. Me telling someone they are an idiot is a response based on emotion whether factual or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi! (: I am one of quite a few girls that populate ATS. I think most girls are too busy putting on make up or shopping to care about this stuff. When im not on here, I am watching CNN and playing with my Puppy. I think it just depends on how into conspiracy theorys, and breakingnews you are.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Because if a guy likes it, odds are a woman will call it stupid. So since most of the charter members were guys, inevitably, an appropriate amount of women declared it stupid.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Because guys are smarter....we base are comments off of statistics, and facts....where as women base their responses off of emotion..which is usually drowned out by hormones.

Err, you are joking right?? If not then wow, way to give other guys a bad name with ridiculous sexist comments like that.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think you would be surprised how many of us fail to reveal our true selves on here. I am nothing my profile or avatar alludes to.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by snowspirit

Logical thinkers// BWAHAHAHAHA!!! you keep thinking that.....wheres the logic in driving a car, while putting make up on, and balancing your check book at the same time...yeah ..real logical~

On topic, its about topic interests.

I don't wear much makeup, never needed to, and I sure wouldn't put it on while driving, that's just silly. Women that do that, make the rest of us look bad. Cheque books don't take time or brains to balance, don't do that while driving. I can successfully eat and drive though, never been a problem there.

You guys need to get out more, you seem to only know a certain type of woman...
Expand your female base, you'll be pleased when you find someone who enjoys things that aren't all girly girl stuff....

Topic interests - politics, fragile earth, castastrophes, food (of course), anti religion, paranormal, space stuff (is just plain cool), science (don't understand a lot of it, but it's how the world works, and it's very interesting).......

<<   2  3 >>

join