It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View: 12: Disaster In Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In a more subdued episode of Street View, our team heads out to the streets of Brooklyn for some interesting comments on the horrible events unfolding in Japan. Many people have been keeping themselves well informed, but a few are apparently still surprised by the potential for serious tragedy if the Fukushima reactors begin to melt down.

edit on 12-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

2:40 ftw....

thanks ATS for continuing to grab the street side perspective.

Hang on knowing ones....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
yeah ... every1 came off kinda disconnected ...

Thx ATS SV
edit on 3/17/2011 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As always it's Great to get the ATS perspective of the man on the street.

Can't help but feel the average New Yorker doesn't know as much as they should about such an important world event with so many implications for not only the people of Japan but the well being of the environment , the global economy , the future of the nuclear power industry - and potentially the health of their fellow citizens.

Can't say I'm surprised. Just disappointed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Very good episode here! It's actually pretty scary to me to see how unaware some people are. I believe one guy said that they put down one of the reactors with sea water and that it was a good thing.

Some of these people seem to be the epitome of blissful ignorance. Very much plugged into the MSM and robotically going about their pre-programmed cycles of limited awareness. Stunning!

These poor people are wearing blindfolds and must learn how to read ATS. They are in as much trouble as our friends in Japan! They just don't know it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

As with most people I think they are concerned and feel much like I do,helpless in the way that you can only do so much being so far from the tragedy,keep praying(regardless of religious preference) and sending positive thoughts donating be it money or necessities.I lived in Japan years ago and will never forget the kindness and hospitality that was shown to me and my family.The unique culture made it a positive stay and a great learning experience for my children and myself and would go back in a heartbeat if possible. My thoughts are with them....Tenki no yoi hi and O diaji ni (have a good day and god bless you)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Who cares what people that not there have to say about the disaster in Japan?No offense but what could they possibly know?Waste of time for Ats.Now if you had an Ats member in Japan going around the streets and asking THEN you will have a good story my friend.All you have to do is hire someone who lives there.There are a few members from Japan here on Ats.Any video that can show all the damage in the streets and what the actual people that are there are going through would be good for Japan.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I feel as an American that we are panicky fools. Nationally speaking we have a major EQ deficit in this country.

The Japanese are handling the situation effectively because if they weren't the reactor core in question would be in full meltdown by now. I don't believe for one second that the core in question was ever dry. Now water is being added and power to the pumps will be on shortly.

Between the far left anti nuclear advocates and the petroleum industry influences on corporate media we here in the U.S. are not getting the true picture of what is really happening regarding the efforts to cool these Japanese reactors. The Obama administration with their Chicken Little "The sky is falling." yammering aren't working towards informing America on the true situation of the matter either.

Supposedly we have a free press here in America. However our free press today has become nothing more than an avenue for corporate interests to influence information to promote unreasonable fears for profit.

The LPG industry will make the most profits off this propaganda of course. That's the News Corp folks. Also the Time Warner folks.

GE AKA NBC make money off building LPG power plants.

Think you are getting the truth? There is a lot more truth coming out of Japanese media and government sources including the reactor owner operators than the ass u me American media for profit I can say that much.

post addition

I forgot to mention that the two or three people in the interview that understood what is actually going on stating they believe the Japanese have everything handled to the point that there will not be a major nuclear disaster seem to be level headed informed people. Notice the ones that seemed less informed thought there is going to be a major nuclear disaster. Goes to show the less informed people are in general the more susceptible they can be to corporate media "hysteria for profit" which can take a hold of a person's mind and imprison it.
edit on 17-3-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: added text

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wish there was a delete button...most times i get ahead of myself.
edit on 17-3-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This should be of extreme concern to Americans. Not because of the illusion that we have such compassion for other cultures [I have had 2 people in as many days suggest Japan is being punished by God ...] but because Japan is providing an important forewarning to us for what can easily happen here.

This should be important to we Americans because a similar nuclear disaster could happen at our nuclear power plant which was foolishly built in the Diablo Canyon:

No Earthquake Response Plan Required at California Nuclear Plant

Our myopic Nuclear Regulatory Commission decided that this plant, despite being only a mile from a fault line, and despite being built in a location named after the devil, and despite being built in California [they never have earthquakes in California, right?] -- despite all this --- the NRC decided this particular plant did not need an Earthquake Response Plan.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey everbody! Thank you for watching this episode. Events had unfolded very quickly after we shot this episode on Saturday, at that time people still weren't entirely informed about the situation that started just 12hrs earlier. We're currently thinking about doing a follow up episode this weekend.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I for one would love to see a follow up! I seriously cannot believe how uninformed these people seemed to be. I'll now give the benefit of the doubt that they just didn't have the information yet and wait until the follow up to come to my own conclusion. Thank you so much for the hard work and effort that is clearly displayed in all of the work that is being done here!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is what i really like about ats. the interviews with "normal" people. It gives a damn good insight into the minds
of the average person. Ats should never stop doing these vids!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Meltdown would be very bad.
Any ideas on what to do next.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I won't watch this. It will just reinforce my beliefs in the general American public.

Besides, Leno does it better.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
In the end, its all about the news. Watching it, listening to it, following it. I guess it is disturbing to see so many who just live in their own ' bubble'... and I cant believe that people are so damned unaware of just what is happening on our planet! Sorry to say this but Americans need to get over their self obsession sometimes. You are part of a whole. Earth.
Japan is like a million miles away from me at the moment it seems as I am in New Zealand and we are still grieving and dealing with our own earthquake disaster, yet I cannot tear myself away from the total absolute tragedy of the Japanese and what the implications could mean for us all.

I too hope you do a followup to this, maybe it was far too early to ask the questions and people have had time to really look at the situation and reflect on all it could and does mean to humanity. And then there is the Middle East situation going on........

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Interview street and subway people or Illuminati people.
Too bad cartels that put up nuke plants do not have redundancy in cooling systems.
They play by their own rules.

America get poisonous toys from China
Who pushes incomplete nuke plants on Japan.
All the same international traders.
Lets talk to them.

top topics

join