It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Iraq Militants Threaten to Behead 6 New Hostages, One Every 72 Hours

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
It has changed from troops to citizens now, so they can actually do something. Still they get my "most useless hostage taking"-of the year award

That's an incrediblly cruel statement.....I wish the blood in my veins were as cold as ice...we got a Mr. Charlie Murphey over here - lol (reference to Chapelle Show)

I just hope this ends as soon as possible...I wish I could find the story, but CNN made some ridiculous new story earlier regarding how beheadings are against the Muslim tradition...not that I disagree, but how fu**ing obvious is that!?!?! The media plays us a stupid and the gov't plays us as even dumber.....What's next....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
- did I deny that Iraq had WMD stuff in early 90's? No. But they were inspected, identified and destroyed. As the UN said and as investigator are now confirming.
Ummm wrong, The WMDs were inspected, identified and ordered to be destroyed. It was put on Iraq to disarm itself. Its the fact that massive amounts of Anthrax(and other weapons) that Iraq had are still not accounted for, nor could they prove they were destoyed.

No doubt all made nice and easy seeing as it was 'Rummy & Co.' who sold them to Iraq & Saddam in the first place and probably still held the receipts or the export credit guarantees.....did Iraq ever pay the US for that stuff?
If I remember correctly it was Regan's Administration(1980-1988) that sold weapons to Iraq. Rummy was out of the DoD by 1977(Ford's Admin).

Slank,

And where is your proof that the Intel reports are false? Where is your proof that the sources aren't credible. You yourself said we don't know who the sources are, so you yourself are speculating that they aren't legit sources. You are speculating more then I am. Your whole arguement is speculation, mine is repeating data from multiply Intel Agencies.

BTW if you read you would have seen that the decission wasn't based of the "forged" documents. There was MULTIPLE agencies and sources.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Darktalon]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I just hope this ends as soon as possible...I wish I could find the story, but CNN made some ridiculous new story earlier regarding how beheadings are against the Muslim tradition...not that I disagree, but how fu**ing obvious is that!?!?! The media plays us a stupid and the gov't plays us as even dumber.....What's next....

I also hope they are released and can go home.

I also read the story about how beheadings isn't in the muslim tradition and cannot find it either. As far as I know in some muslim countries, hands are cut off for stealing, people are stoned for certain crimes, and also beheading is another way to execute criminals.

I hope these terrorists are found and killed using muslim traditions.

Also on the topic of Iraq containing weapons it isn't suppose to have, wasn't cyanide found in the street in Iraq earlier. That is a dangerous chemical that shouldn't have been in the country, I wonder what else is hidden there.

[edit on 7/22/2004 by zull]

Q

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yup, the big, bad terrorists strike again. They will not rest until no truck driver, translator, or public service worker is safe in Iraq. They will fight the vicious truck drivers...as opposed to someone with a gun, or something.

Man, that is one messed-up set of goals.

You gotta wonder if the other Iraqis look upon these guys as chicken#s too.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
That's an incrediblly cruel statement.....I wish the blood in my veins were as cold as ice...we got a Mr. Charlie Murphey over here - lol (reference to Chapelle Show)

I know Murphy but I don't get the joke

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
I know Murphy but I don't get the joke

You're as cold as ice!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
- did I deny that Iraq had WMD stuff in early 90's? No. But they were inspected, identified and destroyed. As the UN said and as investigator are now confirming. Ummm wrong, The WMDs were inspected, identified and ordered to be destroyed. It was put on Iraq to disarm itself. Its the fact that massive amounts of Anthrax(and other weapons) that Iraq had are still not accounted for, nor could they prove they were destoyed..

- No not wrong, you are, deliberately I suspect, confusing the issue of the 'pre-cursor materials' with actual WMDs.

The fact remains that the UN inspectors have been shown to be correct in that Iraq did not have WMDs in a deployable condition to either threaten the US, UK or even its immeadiate neighbours.

The fact also remains that Bushs' demand to link Iraq and Saddam to 9/11 was a gross lie.

The current thinking (outside of the zealots in the USA incapable of admitting they were wrong) is that Iraq had indeed complied with the demands placed upon them in the mid-late 1990's.

.....and before you attempt to tell me my thinking on this again my point is that the war, conducted on the basis it has been conducted upon, is a disaster that can only get worse for everybody and that had the USA persued the UN inspection regime the war would not have been founded on such a stupid basis.

Things might have been concluded much more satisfactorily with full UN support and without the need to destroy Iraq - or inflame the ME further - or destroy US support around the world with Bushs' obvious 'choice' to go after Iraq on the thinnest of evidence. Saddam was worth getting rid of but not at any cost and not solely to further the ME strategy of the neo-cons....which let's not forget was formulated long before 9/11 and the war in Iraq and which was founded upon the idea of regime change in Iraq....in other words they used 9/11 to further their own narrow political agenda and, like the last lot caught out doing that in Spain, should be shown the door pronto.

It's just a pity the USA seems to have been swept along with the 'tough it out' BS of these Bushy liars and frauds.

No doubt all made nice and easy seeing as it was 'Rummy & Co.' who sold them to Iraq & Saddam in the first place and probably still held the receipts or the export credit guarantees.....did Iraq ever pay the US for that stuff? If I remember correctly it was Regan's Administration(1980-1988) that sold weapons to Iraq. Rummy was out of the DoD by 1977(Ford's Admin).

- No, you have not remembered correctly. 'Rummy' did more than you recall. Much more. 'Rummy' was Reagans special envoy - you may have forgotten (or is it just not shown on Fox News often?) the rather famous picture of Rummy & Saddam being great mates together in Dec 1983.

Slank,

And where is your proof that the Intel reports are false? Where is your proof that the sources aren't credible. You yourself said we don't know who the sources are, so you yourself are speculating that they aren't legit sources. You are speculating more then I am. Your whole arguement is speculation, mine is repeating data from multiply Intel Agencies.

BTW if you read you would have seen that the decission wasn't based of the "forged" documents. There was MULTIPLE agencies and sources.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Darktalon]

- I would suggest a lot of credibility for 'my position' is to be found in the complete lack of any serious expectation by any reputable grouping in finding WMDs in Iraq now. The USA is now reduced to talking about 'potential', which is a poor substitute for turning up anything credible. Anything credible at all.

Oh and erm, interesting debating tactic.....just for further reference you might like to explain how I (or anyone) can 'prove' a negative?

BTW, well done, I'm glad to see you stopped attempting to continue with that ignorant juvenile and very obviously ill informed propaganda garbage about Spain the Spainish people and their recent election. That's a little progress, I guess.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Want to see a picture?

[image]http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg[/image]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Meanwhile, a Kuwaiti transport company said Friday it held contacts to secure the release of seven employees in Iraq threatened with beheading by kidnappers, but would not meet their demands to quit the occupied country, Reuters reported.

"We will not withdraw operations from Iraq. Our company will continue, but there are negotiations at high levels with diplomatic and security involvement," said Saeed Dashti, chairman of the Kuwait and Gulf Link Transport Company.

The kidnappers have threatened to start beheading the drivers, three Indians, three Kenyans and an Egyptian, from Saturday unless the company pulls out.

albawaba: Kuwaiti firm rejects kidnappers demands

Rebekka

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join