It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Iraq Militants Threaten to Behead 6 New Hostages, One Every 72 Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Any time you give a terrorist anything, they take it as a victory. I don't care which party is in power at the Whitehouse, you do not give in to terrorist. It just makes them more effective. Yes Spain and the Philippines are flip-flop countries. I for one will not go to Spain or the Philippines for a while. The Terrorist will target these countries because they know they will bend to thier wishes.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

if the terrorists follow through with what they are saying would Kenyan, Indian & Egyptian governments actually send troops to Iraq because of this act of agression?????

I LOVE IT!!! Brilliant tactic, hehe....*claps*

That would be hysterical!!!

Historically, nations do send troops in when their citizens are in trouble, they'd be perfectly justified in doing so....this would be a HELL of a wakeup call to the terrorists!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Any time you give a terrorist anything, they take it as a victory. I don't care which party is in power at the Whitehouse, you do not give in to terrorist. It just makes them more effective. Yes Spain and the Philippines are flip-flop countries. I for one will not go to Spain or the Philippines for a while. The Terrorist will target these countries because they know they will bend to thier wishes.

- best have a very strong word with your government (whatever 'colour') then because they are invariably to be found having dealt with, trained, funded or supplied just about every major terrorist group in the world going.

Funny how they seem to have thought they could deal rationally with terrorists at some point.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Simple case of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" at the time syndrome...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
lets make a deal terrorists, for every hostage is one balistic missle we drop on your damn hole, hows that????

terrorists

[edit on 21-7-2004 by demonhunter]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The terrorist do not have the same value we place on human life. They know that we will cave in if they kill americans. We can not give in to them.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
sminkeypinkey, you just have no clue what you are talking about.

3 days, for a nation to be bombed, be misled, and realise it, is impossible. And yes no matter how anyone spins it, what did the terrorists want? Spain out of Iraq. Is Spain out of Iraq? Yes, then they Terrorists got what they wanted. Therefor the Terrorists were impowered, and won that battle.

Unlike you, I do know what I'm talking about, I've been to Iraq, I saw the WMD. It wasn't the GW Bush's Administration, or "right wingers" that came up with that. It was the Bush SR, AND Clinton Administration, and the UN inspectors that said there was WMD(and there were) during the 1990's. It was Iraq that couldn't, and wouldn't prove the WMD had been destroyed.

To whomever asked for the link, I'll work on getting one. Need to get back to work, but I'll find it soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, here we go again.

It would sure be nice if these world leaders got together and made an elite international strike force to go in and kick some booty and wipe these militants out. Unfortunately, they aren't evolved enough mentally to reason with them and they only understand committing brutality to "further their cause".

Once captured, they should all suffer the same fate they've inflicted on the rest of the peoples of the world.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword".

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
FOX News

CNN

ABC News

All the Same Artical, by the AP, I believe. It states that several countries had intel saying Iraq and shopping. This isn't where I found the story, I was actually watching the news, for a change heheh, and saw a more indepth story, don't remember which channel though.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
[

Spain was not a 'flip flop' thing at all. It is true that the Spainish people, like many european peoples, did not agree with the Bush analysis of the need to go to war, an analysis, let's remember, that has since been found to be totally wrong.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by sminkeypinky]

When I say Flip-flop I am talking about the Fillipinos. They are also known as Flips but they dont take it lightly from someone they dont know that calls them a Flip because it is like using a racial slur (I have many Fillipino friends so I am not racist) .

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

By the way, disgusting and revolting as this or any of the beheadings have been - and let's be clear, I am saying they are.....

.....when entire families are being slaughtered, smashed and pulped by stray bombs and as 'collateral damage' where is your passionate compassion for them? They are equally not combatants, are they not equally innocent?

[edit on 21-7-2004 by sminkeypinky]

My compassion has always been there for these innocent families that die by the tip of a 300lb bomb BUT you have to look at it this way, our military is not going into every house and picking out these families and murdering them on camera for the opposition to see while they are screaming a blood curdeling sound that a sane person cannot forget in his/her memory while the last gush of blood is pumped out of these innocent peoples decapitated body parts and then placing those same deccapitated parts on the backs and hands of these victims while our military demands for these extremist to simmer down now or else our military will behead another innocent Iraqi victim in 72 hours. Yes they are equally innocent BUT its the way that the military or extremist use their actions and these extremist are using desperate measures and they are STILL doing it and doing it with MORE clusters of hostages and nit-picking which person from different countries to abduct so that ALL countries in these extremist groups list is all out of Iraq...and thanks to Spain and the Fillipino-flop countries, its going to get worse. Trust me on that because there is no use of using a Spain bombing conspiracy to swoon voters on election day in Spain when the people of Spain have obviously demonstrated against Spains military in Iraq after the train bombings. If you havent seen the protest in Spain that had probably 100,000 people present, you probably need to and drop the election day bomb conspiracy because it is the people of Spain that was against being in Iraq that caused Spain to pull out of Iraq, not a bomb conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

if the terrorists follow through with what they are saying would Kenyan, Indian & Egyptian governments actually send troops to Iraq because of this act of agression?????

I LOVE IT!!! Brilliant tactic, hehe....*claps*

That would be hysterical!!!

Historically, nations do send troops in when their citizens are in trouble, they'd be perfectly justified in doing so....this would be a HELL of a wakeup call to the terrorists!

Really, for both of you posters that I quoted, this is what will likely happen. I mean, when French and Germans (and bears 'oh my') are taken hostage and killed, oh boy expect them to send a good sum of troops to Iraq and cleanse Iraq of these extremist. That will be a joy to see just because it will only piss these extremist even more and they will probably have to move out of Iraq because they cannot continue with their hostage taking because of the amount of pressure from the masses of International Troops. That will be a Pay-Per-View event. lol

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah, most useless hostage taking of the year. These terrorists are getting on peoples wrong sides. They keep this idiotic barbaric behavior up, and they are gonna bury themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
When the best headline FOX can come up with is "Bush's Uranium Claim Gets SOME Support", that is telling. It is so tepid and weak.

I repeat:

One phone call from Iraq to Niger about trade.
NO mention of uranium was made.
Niger official SPECULATES that Iraq may eventually want to talk about uranium.
SPECULATION = PURCHASE ATTEMPT ? ? ?

The republicans have gone lame if this is as good as they can do.

Singing to Darktalon, "When you wish upon a star, . . . "
keep hoping punkin, sometimes dreams really do come true.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
When the best headline FOX can come up with is "Bush's Uranium Claim Gets SOME Support", that is telling. It is so tepid and weak.

I repeat:

One phone call from Iraq to Niger about trade.
NO mention of uranium was made.
Niger official SPECULATES that Iraq may eventually want to talk about uranium.
SPECULATION = PURCHASE ATTEMPT ? ? ?

The republicans have gone lame if this is as good as they can do.

Singing to Darktalon, "When you wish upon a star, . . . "
keep hoping punkin, sometimes dreams really do come true.

Incase you didn't read, Iraqi visited Niger in 1999, 3/4's of Nigera's exports in uranium. And that the comments by Bush and Blair were "well-founded" by the latest reports. Or did you miss this,,,

"Wilson had said a former prime minister of Niger, Ibrahim Mayaki, mentioned a visit from an Iraqi delegation in 1999 that expressed interest in expanding commercial ties with Niger, the world's third largest producer of mined uranium. Mayaki believed this meant they were interested in buying uranium.
"

Hmmm you think they wanted to buy some sand?

"The British inquiry said it was generally accepted that Iraqi officials visited Niger in 1999, and there was intelligence from several sources that the visit was to acquire uranium."

Several sources.

Should I mention the Democrats had this Intel when Clinton was in office? 1999 wasn't Bush my friend. But keep making it about the parties and not about the truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon
sminkeypinkey, you just have no clue what you are talking about.

- Oh really? You will of course tell me all about Spainish and european politics thanks to a diet of 'balanced' Fox news and Rush 'pills' Lowbrow, no doubt?

3 days, for a nation to be bombed, be misled, and realise it, is impossible.

- says who, you? Cos funnily enough to anyone who knows anything about the Spainish election that is what happened.....as well as the possibility of Aznar (as Aceofbass has pointed out) maybe not just getting elected anyway.

Irrespective of how you spin it the Basque issue became massive in those last few days and caused a wave of very angry indignation to sweep Spain......a Spain, let us not forget, that was not happy with the whole issue of the Iraqi war anyway.

You either understand that or you don't.

If you are American I suggest you imagine if GW Bush were caught - absolutely no doubt at all and totally bang to rights - using a new massive terrorist outrage (the biggest ever in your country) to secure his re-election, for how many seconds do you think his chances would last following that? Would a few days come into the equation? I think not.

There's the truth of it and tough titty if it doesn't suit matey but there was democracy in action.

And yes no matter how anyone spins it, what did the terrorists want? Spain out of Iraq. Is Spain out of Iraq? Yes, then they Terrorists got what they wanted. Therefor the Terrorists were impowered, and won that battle.

- with that kind of 'logic' you may as well blame the outcome on the sun rising and forget everything else....I mean if the sun hadn't risen that day none of this would have happened.

Go back to my analogy. If what Aznars lot did had happened in the USA with US politicians they too would have been booted swifty too.

Unlike you, I do know what I'm talking about, I've been to Iraq, I saw the WMD. It wasn't the GW Bush's Administration, or "right wingers" that came up with that. It was the Bush SR, AND Clinton Administration, and the UN inspectors that said there was WMD(and there were) during the 1990's.

- did I deny that Iraq had WMD stuff in early 90's? No. But they were inspected, identified and destroyed. As the UN said and as investigator are now confirming.

No doubt all made nice and easy seeing as it was 'Rummy & Co.' who sold them to Iraq & Saddam in the first place and probably still held the receipts or the export credit guarantees.....did Iraq ever pay the US for that stuff?

It was Iraq that couldn't, and wouldn't prove the WMD had been destroyed.

To whomever asked for the link, I'll work on getting one. Need to get back to work, but I'll find it soon.

- I'll be interested in seeing that link - but if you're referring to post gulf war mk2 there has been no verified WMD's found.

I'm not saying Saddam was a nice guy, far from it. I am saying that unilateral US action on the basis of the most thin 'evidence' - particularly when that 'evidence' arises following demands by the US President to find it following 9 - 11 and despite the advice of his own expert community - is no way to deal with these events.

....and from the horror that is on-going in Iraq it is pretty easy to see why. There's o point pretending it is the actions od countries withdrawing that is 'making things worse' either.....it's bloody aweful full stop to begin with.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I agree that nations shouldn't give in to terrorists, but companies? Is withdrawing employees the same as troops? I seriously don't know. I think if I were a president of a country, I would not pull out troops, but as a president of a company, I think I would pull out employees, to save one. Any thoughts on the difference? I'm still debating internally myself.

I agree...as a president of a country, you're responsible for your stance and protecting the masses. As a company leader, I think you'd need to protect each employee...and not risk the life of employees for the profits gained by doing business in a region. Troops in a region are not supposed to have a commerce motive. Business is about profit. I'd pull out as a company man.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Now I've heard everything! I have to agree with the suggestion that this lot get Terrorist Group of the Year award for stupidity! Its not unlike the tale of the Iraqi Minister for Information ( & didn't we just love his antics!! )

It disturbs me thou, regardless of the reason, that countries who offered the Allies support in the war against terror have suddenly packed up & fled with their tails between their legs. Talk about giving in to terrorists. Now the rest of us are in danger because of this divide & conquer scenario. Make no mistake, these terrorists will not stop until each & every westerner has left Iraq.......whether they be military or civilian trying to rebuild the country ( thats gratitude for ya ). THEN they will continue to kill the innocent Iraqi people who don't agree with their radical politics & religion. This has a long way to go before its over & I think its pretty damn gutless of any country ( including Australia if our Govt changes hands ) to cow-tow to the whims of terrorists & terrorism.

As for the lack of WMD, well I reckon if they give Syria & a couple of those other countries bordering Iraq a bit of close scrutiny, they just might find the missing weapons.

Anyway, thats what my two bob's worth..........for all it's worth.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
It disturbs me thou, regardless of the reason, that countries who offered the Allies support in the war against terror have suddenly packed up & fled with their tails between their legs. Talk about giving in to terrorists. Now the rest of us are in danger because of this divide & conquer scenario.

No, actually we're in danger because we went in there unprovoked and stuck a stick of dynamite in a hornets nest. We should enjoy and endure the stings now. Those they came in with us and have been stung too much...well we appreciate the help they offered...but they can't endure anymore. We should be grateful for the blind faith they offered and their support while it lasted. To call any of them cowards, losers or self-serving for leaving....nah...they're looking out for their people. It wasn't like all these countries got together with us and said, "let's go in". We BEGGED them so we could claim a coalition. We got a coalition...as long as they could coalesce (sp?)...and now they can't anymore. We started this...and if we have to...we'll finish it alone. Casualties, bruises and all. We can't blame them...it was our idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Several sources ? Several unnamed confidential sources? Two winos and a drug addict? Were these SPECULATIONS from several sources or actual testimony by Iraqis? This story is full of holes. I state facts, you state speculations.

It NEVER happened. Someone FORGED the so-called evidentiary document. Perhaps some people are so eager to FORCE this story to be true they will do ANYTHING.

If reality doesn't fit your agenda, re-adjust reality?

Yellowcake contains less than 0.3% U235. You need uranium enriched to 90% U235 to make a nuke (x300). Saddam had no facilities to convert it to uranium hexafluoride. He didn't have the tens of thousands of centrifuges to turn it into HEU. link to source:
www.wanniski.com...

What was he going to do with it? Send it to Iran for processing?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I agree that these terrorists are not thinking at all. I also love how they hide behind masks. The Iraqi government and coalition forces will only put up with this crap for so long before going home to home will start to become an option.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join