It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Year Old Florence Girl Sells Her Toys To Benefit Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Man what could we learn from this! Toys are what make kids millionaires in a sense. To give those up shows a selflessness many could learn from.

This story wil warm your heart...

Seven year old Sage Friedman is parting with some of her toys....
The Florence mass girl is selling some of her toys, books and clay sculptures she makes to raise money for the people devastated by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

"It's pretty hard to sell toys and books but not hard to make the sculptures." explained Sage Friedman.

She came up with the idea after learning about the disaster in her first grade class.

"Saturday morning she woke up and said mommy I really feel like I want to help the people in Japan. She said mommy I have a lot of toys I could sell my toys and send the money to the people in Japan." Mother Jennifer Friedman added.

They remembered "shelter box", an organization that helped out after last years earthquakes in Haiti and Chili. ....
"They sent huge boxes with tents, sheets, blankets stoves...coloring books and crayons for the kids" said Friedman.

Sage's letter explaining her plan was sent out on a mass e-mail.....And it took off. Her mom said a lot of people said please don't ' send anything we want you to keep your toys.
Sage has already reached her 1-thousand dollar goal.

"She hit her goal by Monday night...by Monday night she made over a thousand dollars."

Sage's Mom helped hook her up with Shelter Box and created a website
so it would be easier for people to donate.
They're still collecting donations for the next few weeks if you want to contribute you can go to her website by visiting the link to the left.

Sages new goal is to top $2,000.

ABC 40 will let you know how it turns out.

I love when a mere child can restore faith in humanity with such a small act of kindness.

www.wggb.com...
edit on 3/17/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The mind of a Child....

Simply amazing!

Oh what LOVE!

WIth Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's s shame we teach them the direct opposite as they grow up.

God bless the selfless kids

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Very inspiring, Thats something that cannot be expressed in words.. human emotions.. Emotions from the heart.. Act's of good will..I think I would like to do something for somebody.. I think it's amazing when someone smiles.. voluntary acts of kindness can inspire goodwill in the hearts of others..Thanks for posting this op!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What a sweet little girl.

Too bad our world views get so complicated as we grow up.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It shows the good/compassion and empathy within humanity exist in the children. And she is only 7.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This moved me to tears. What an innocent child.

Thanks for posting this. It brought a ray of sun to my day.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

I couldn't agree more. It is tragic the way we are born innocent and loving/giving only to be corrupted as we age. Not that we are evil, but most of us do tend to lose faith in humanity and our innocence diminishes as we age and experience life more.

It would be nice if it didn't work that way.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Double Post
edit on 3/17/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

The pleasure was indeed all mine. Excellent post too!

I always heard that in a disaster/catastrophe/tight spot, etc. a person's true character was revealed. This little girl's character is off the charts IMO.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And then her mommy called the press, and soon garnered the family in praise, and attention fulfillment.

Sounds like an attention whore in the early stages. It would have been nice if they just did it privately instead of throwing a parade.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

And then her mommy called the press, and soon garnered the family in praise, and attention fulfillment.

Sounds like an attention whore in the early stages. It would have been nice if they just did it privately instead of throwing a parade.

Are you kidding me? she is a 7 year old little girl! What the hell is wrong with you.?!? seriously get a clue! It's never appropriate to use such language when talking about a child! Grow up. enough said

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

It would have been just as effective had they not set up a press release. I ought to have said 'early stages of pharisee development'.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

I know what you meant..And I somewhat agree to a extent. But there is a time and a place for such language..And it should never be directed at children..And if anyone, your comment would have been more appropriately directed at the parents..

Regardless It was a act of good will..And there are not many of those these days..So how can you demonize someone for doing something good in this world for a change ?

new topics

top topics

join