It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has doubts about President Obama's Birthplace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Okay , for starters , I'm not a 'birther' . All I'm doing is posting a bit of information that I have ran across , as I know that this is an issue that has been debated at length on ATS .

Donald Trump , whom it seems , might be considering a bid for the next election , says he has some doubts about whether President Obama was actually born in Hawaii . His reason for this doubt is that he claims no one remembers Obama as a child in Hawaii .

This might be a legitimate concern of his , or it might just be a political ploy to sway opinion and influence his bid for the presidency .

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by ReRun because: corrections

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This might be a legitimate concern of his , or it might just be a political ploy to sway opinion and influence his bid for the presidency .

Political ploy.
That's my guess, Huckabee tried the same thing already.
I have to wonder, if any of the "white" presidents ever had their birthplace questioned?
edit on 17-3-2011 by snowspirit because: politics.......

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
HE LIES! every leading polititian does so, didnt he say he would end war with the east? yet he sent more troops 3 months after he became president. There was a thread here a couple days ago talking about Obama being Osama i thought it was a good read.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HeldHostage14

What does any of what you said have to do with the subject of the thread ?

Do you think it is a political ploy on the part of Trump , or do you think he actually believes his concerns are legitimate ?

And I thought the thread about Obama being Osama was ridiculous , but that is not the topic here .
edit on 17-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It is going to take a top elite in the darling media world to push these buttons. I am not a birther. I do think I would like to find out the real truth one way or the other. Either you were or were not born on American soil. Shut up the critics if its not so with the BC, period. That they show a non original copy with no existance of the original in fact, is telling and may reveal he was not born in Hawaii. Otherwise with this loopholed version of a BC, every crackpot or otherwise, have good reason to doubt. I feel like it is moot now. He is the POTUS and it is over. He could still run because the Supremes will not hear the case and keep it clouded to keep the rioting at a low roar.We need a Ron Paul or one younger just exactly like him. Not because he is a god, but because I like every idea so far I've heard him give and we sure as hell aren't getting anywhere with the bozo's we've been watching ruin things. I feel like we in the western world are all like Rome before the sacking by the Visogoths Barbarians if we do not get back to the fundamentals. Spending does cause deficits and the people not being vigilant allows Hitler's to become too powerful. I wonder how late it is?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun
a political ploy

Trump is even more of a nothing than is Palin. He is playing to the lowest common denominator in the US electorate. God help us all if he pulls it off. We thought W was a disaster, Trump would, uh, trump that.

Curious how wealth in the US is equated with knowledge, intelligence (not the same thing) and integrity, given the examples we have to look at.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Pathetically trying to turn this into a race issue signifies a lack of any other coherent argument.

Fail.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by snowspirit

Pathetically trying to turn this into a race issue signifies a lack of any other coherent argument.

Fail.

I wasn't trying to turn it into a race argument. I just don't remember ever hearing about any other president being questioned so much about where he was born ( or what religion he is), especially considering that no matter how many times the Hawaii birth certificate has been presented, people still question it.

I'm not his biggest fan at all, but no matter how many bad moves other leaders have made, no one questions their birthplace. If someone is going to use political ploys against him, I would rather it to be on his policies, not on his supposed birthplace.

Why are people still questioning this stuff? I would like some insight on this, if there is another reason. Is there another reason people think he was born in Kenya?

It should actually be apparent that he would have to be born in the US, I would think that these things would have been thoroughly checked out prior to him running for the presidential office.
edit on 17-3-2011 by snowspirit because: added

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I just don't remember ever hearing about any other president being questioned so much about where he was born ( or what religion he is), especially considering that no matter how many times the Hawaii birth certificate has been presented, people still question it.

Why are people still questioning this stuff? I would like some insight on this, if there is another reason. Is there another reason people think he was born in Kenya?

I think there were some questions for a couple of earlier presidents... Garfield, maybe? Not sure and don't really care.

People are still questioning this stuff because they fear or hate Obama, or fear or hate Democrats, and his race, yes I said race provides a convenient place to focus these spurious attacks.

There has to date been zero credible evidence to even support, let alone prove, these allegations. And given that Obama complied with the legal requirements in place at the time, the burden of proof is on the persons making these charges, not on Obama.

There are plenty of things Obama is doing wrong - his support for the Patriot Act, TSA, his backpeddling on his support for unions, etc. His place of birth is not one of these. But a lot of folk are uncomfortable with a black fella in the White house.

Hmmm... maybe they think the name of the place indicates the color of the residents?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes, iirc president Garfield was accused of being from Canada and thus, a British subject. Just like Obama and Kenya!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have doubts as to whether or not he received foreign aid to go to college....and what his grades were.
duh.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Political ploy.
That's my guess, Huckabee tried the same thing already.
I have to wonder, if any of the "white" presidents ever had their birthplace questioned?

Chester Arthur did... from none other than individuals who happened to be his political opponents. But yes, as of recent no other president has been questioned, neither has any president ever presented a long form birth certificate. Few have even made their short form birth certificates public... infact only one, Reagan, did, but his is unconfirmed and its marked 30 years following his birth.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How many other Presidents had a parent (Primary parent) that was not a U.S. citizen? Perhaps, THAT could be the reason for questioning his citizenship.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just looked up Chester Alan Arthur (October 5, 1829 – November 18, 1886) , thought to be Cdn, and James Abram Garfield (November 19, 1831 – September 19, 1881) in Wiki. I didn't see anything on Garfield not being a citizen, but I might have missed it.

At least Obama wasn't the first to be questioned on his birthplace, even though these others were a very long time ago.

With the media these days, it just feels so noticeable, all the questioning, about other things besides his policies, but I guess that's one of the ways that politics is able to divide and conquer. It's too bad that it's dividing the nation too, at a time when both parties should be working together to figure out jobs, economy, etc.

I never paid much attention to American politics until G.W. Bush, that's when things got noticeably (I don't know what word?) in the US government.

I can't even imagine how Trump would do as President. Maybe the government would be smaller, he does love to fire people.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
How many other Presidents had a parent (Primary parent) that was not a U.S. citizen? Perhaps, THAT could be the reason for questioning his citizenship.

Could be. Hopefully for most, that's it.
I would have thought by now, that people would just accept the birthplace as the US, but I guess now it's turning into a way to ensure someone else is elected in 2012.

His approval rating is dropping, I think, more on his policies these days, so they shouldn't still be on about his birthplace.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Donald Trump for president lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretxHouse

Care to mention your selection, for either party, in the next Presidential election.

We could, and have done much worse than a Donald Trump as President in the last couple of decades. At least he speaks his mind. The Chinese fear Donald Trump far more than Obama or a political successor.

I for one, would prefer anyone the does not have a law degree, does not have the last name of Bush, and is not part of the leadership of a union.

At this point in time, a candidate that has successfully run a business and met a payroll, should be a prerequisite for running for President of the United States. We need someone Like Trump, Jon Huntsman, Sr, or even Herman Cain. Someone that understands business, big time business.

Our road to hell has been paved with a century of self-serving douchebag politicians. One more empty suit or another career politician and it will be game over.

If it isn't already.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Mars Hawaii not Earth Hawaii

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Haha. Sorry. Well i think its a political ploy, but i did hear Obama falsified his birth certificate,

2nd line

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspiritI have to wonder, if any of the "white" presidents ever had their birthplace questioned?

Cool, we made it to the first post before the race card...nice play!

Discussion over I guess...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join