It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that the U.S. is more 'alarmed' than the Japanese in this situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Seriously, what's everyone's opinion on this? I'm just really curious. Is it because they're gonna lose their Asian sphere of influence because of this quake, or is it because they have already detected radiation in the West Coast and their not telling anybody? Damn, this is crazy and very apparent. I just hope everything goes well for everyone out there. First Chile got hit, then New Zealand, and now Japan. It seems to me that something bigger and badder is on the way! Any thoughts?

edit on 17-3-2011 by Leemo because: Just wanted to add a smiley face lol

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Well, if you look at a map you will see by looking at the locations situated in the ring of fire that it seems to be coming to America. Follow Chile, then NZ followed by Japan and it looks like a clockwise motion. If it rolls over one more time, the West Coast of America is next.

Could also be a coincidence.

IMHO

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
US built Nuclear Plants.
US has a larger world-wide MSM.
US propped Japense defense force.
US warships and military are there assisting.

US has a bigger mouth

edit on 17-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well no as an American, I have noticed they just like to freak out over pretty much anything or make it about them.

I am American and I say this...I'm not putting my peeps down but I see it all the time. It's a bit odd but hey I'd rather be safe than sorry so if panic is what they need to do then so be it.

Also the Japanese and American cultures are so different, that should tell you there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I posted up a video on facebook about that geologist Jim Berkland who predicted the 89 earthquake to make sure to get the word out, I don't even know why he was interviewed on FOX, we all know that's the worst news channel to even get information out! Its pathetic how the gov does not give anyone a heads up its sad as hell man. I know California is overdue for a large earthquake, I heard that the earth can only handle a magnitude 10 and then after that it begins to shift. I just really hope Jim Berkland is wrong because he predicted the earthquake for the 19th of march. There were also millions of dead fish just randomly washed up ashore in South California, like it all makes sense as scary as it sounds lol

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

It has to do with the economic repercussions of our second biggest holder of US debt that definitely will need some of that money to rebuilt, and been the third biggest economy in the world with the power of putting the rest of the world at a stand still economically until if find a way to bring their economy back to pre quake state.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Well it's not just the US. Israel is alarmed at the prospect of limited sushi because of this. I wish I was making that up.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

I strongly believe the USA is in deep trouble both on a nuclear scale and a tsunami....and if and when a tsunami hits the West Coast of the USA.....alot of Pacific Islands will go down I'm afraid.

It's not a matter of if but when the monster EQK hits the USA and I'm 99.9% sure a tsunami will follow.

I'm not predicitng but I have a gut feeling March, April or Nov 2011 for the USA.

Sorry, but you asked, I told.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Its funny how you mentioned Israel, its like America and Israel are glued to each other like white on rice hahahaa I don't know but I just find it sad that they're sending in "Military" aid, why can't they just send regular aid, it seems like they want Japan as well. I just hope this does not turn into another Chernobyl incident.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Having been to Japan about a dozen times on business and having a team working over there, I think its awareness of the Japanese culture that leads other nations, including the US to be a bit leary about what the Japanese are saying. The Japanese rarely use declaritive statements and their language is all about shades of grey. For example, in a business setting a Japanese person will never tell you "no". Its disrespectful. They might say they'll think about it - that means no. They might say "thats a good idea" - that means no. Everything but "absolutely, lets do it" means no. It is their culture. Not good, not bad. It is what it is, but unless you have some experience working within the culture it is confusing. For example, when they come out with "we're hopeful that this new power line will solve the problem" what they are really saying is that it is a long shot. If they were really confident, they would say, "this will work". They are not going to make statements that in retrospect create additional reasons to suspect they have failed in the management of these reactors and subsequently the resolution of this situation.

They are circumspect by nature and extremely pridefull. My biggest concern about this entire nuclear issue from the beginning has been a likely difficulty in getting candor out of the Japanese. Candor, that is in terms of Western communications.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why do they have to add U.S. military aid though, that is my question! lol

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Because in japan earthquakes are common and an accepted part of life.. Children learn growing up what to do in an earthquake.. Most japanese keep emergency kits in their homes, buildings are designed to withstand quakes. When one happens the people help each other out and rebuild.. Its always the foriegners who panic.. As we can see currently with all the westerners - americans in particular panicing..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's just sad, I don't know why they have to send 'military aid' there to help them, just send regular ordinary civilians to help them out. It just sucks how a little help can go a long way!

new topics

top topics

join