It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cnn reports....plume of radiation to hit west coast of u.s. tomorrow.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah, that's what the french said after the chernobyl incident: Nothing to worry about, chernobyl is far away - days later they showed a map where the nuclear cloud was approaching the french boarder and in the last second made a turn down south so "it didn't enter france"
And then they looked pretty stupid once they had cases of radiation and diseases in their country.

Downplaying a serious threat is as stupid as running around screaming 'we're all gonna die'. But it's never a bad idea to take something a little more serious. Better safe then sorry, right?

If i were on the west coast of the US i would be worried too. With all the lies the japanese government is spilling out nobody really knows what's going on and i guess the situation is worse than what is officially said. After all the japanese are famous for downplaying their nuclear accidents (Read a little about Tokyo Electric Power Company, they even lied to their own government between 1979 and 2004 about disasters at their plants)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMind
What alot of people have failed to notice is the strength bands of these models. The two I have seen show that the level of radioactivity that could hit the us is 1000 - 10,000 times LESS than the radiation released at the actual site. BUT it depends on what actual radioactive material is released.

Has anybody ever heard the saying "Better to be safe than sorry"?

If anything is heading your way, just stock up on Beer, turn on FOX News and stay inside for a few days.

Sounds like most people are un-employed over there in the US so at least you haven't got to phone your Boss and make up some excuse about being ill for skipping work.

Then in a few days time, we can stay in again (after getting more Beer and maybe Popcorn) to watch the bombs falling in Libya and the Libyan Airforce getting it's butt kicked from US F16's etc.

Fun times ahead people!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah, that's what the french said after the chernobyl incident: Nothing to worry about, chernobyl is far away - days later they showed a map where the nuclear cloud was approaching the french boarder and in the last second made a turn down south so "it didn't enter france"
And then they looked pretty stupid once they had cases of radiation and diseases in their country.

Diseases? Please provide a source.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join