It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Clear & Present Danger to ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Hi,

I see where your coming from, and are right. I have been monitoring this site for quite some time, I will tell you a little secret, if you tell no one

ATS is a conspiracy site, not a truth site. If people keep bringing the truth, there will be no more conspiracies, if you catch my drift. That is my understanding of how this site works. You can only come here and sift through the crap, to seek the truth, just don't put it onto the threads, Other wise you will see what happens, LOL.

MP

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It cracks me up people getting worried about Social Media.

TPTB are already so far up every one of our Telecomm devices.

You leave an electronic footprint everywhere you go, on everything you buy.

Don't even get me started on the massive camera network.

Seriously, if you do not post something threatening or dangerous.

"ATS" should be the least of your worries

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
Is this being ignored? As there is a growing realisation amongst many of us long-term ATS'ers that threads and posts here are becoming increasingly irrational, increasingly polarised, and increasingly at odds with logic, fact and reason.

Originally posted by Springer
Let's think this through a little... With an average of 10,000 new posts a day, from every perspective you can imagine, what possible impact would this have on ATS?

ZERO IMO.

Asked and answered, Rev. But I'm not sure 10,000 posts a day is the solution or part the problem you've identified and would like more attention given.

I think the real problem isn't just software. What I've always objected to are the guys who park themselves in one forum and post on every thread, every day, for months on end. I call them professional pseudoskeptics. Is it just a coincidence that they're always staunch and tireless defenders of the government's official story, whether it's 9/11, NASA, HAARP, chemtrails or 2012? And is it a coincidence that some of the more well-known ones are "experts" in all of these areas?

After reading articles like Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system", I think their real expertise is deception, obfuscation, and manipulation -- in other words, good ol' psyops -- which in a country where only 23% percent of those surveyed said they are optimistic about the system of government and how well it works -- has the very real potential of making sites like ATS as impotent and irrelevant as the MSM.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
reply to post by torqpoc

I agree with you - it is shocking, and extremely scary. How anyone in the modern age can think that 'propaganda' and 'viewpoint manipulation' in the modern age being morally acceptable is beyond me!

Rev.

reason would state that....if it was morally unacceptable, it would have little chance of occuring, therefore, this type of behavior is highly exceptable to the point of being normal.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the constructive and helpful answers to my questions - and thank you Springer for your insightful answer.

Although I'm still not convinced that ATS can overcome the strategy employed by the US government, I do appreciate the confidence you all have in the communities' positive attributes.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Im quite fond of the cyber commando kill squads. You know. The ones that dont like what you said then usually disable your PC and make it next to impossible to boot back up.

They are my favorites

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Threatening or Dangerous? All the reason you should be more threatening and dangerous.

So Catharsis to you hearts content.. and chuckle in amusement. Fear not...There is no death.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I warned people a long time ago but nobody even listened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on 1-4-2008 @ 01:22 AM this post Military Report: Secretly 'Recruit or Hire Bloggers'

blog.wired.com

A study, written for U.S. Special Operations Command, suggested "clandestinely recruiting or hiring prominent bloggers."

Since the start of the Iraq war, there's been a raucous debate in military circles over how to handle blogs -- and the servicemembers who want to keep them. One faction sees blogs as security risks, and a collective waste of troops' time. The other (which includes top officers, like Gen. David Petraeus and Lt. Gen. William Caldwell) considers blogs to be a valuable source of information, and a way for ordinary troops to shape opinions, both at home and abroad.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

I think those who feel positive that ATS can handle this so to speak are not reading the full text of the threat. The volumes of information that have been uncovered by the several articles that have been published on this indicate that these persona management systems employed by the government are designed to carefully reinforce the various persona ID schemes so that the user does not forget him or herself in context or past postings.

The software is able to keep the operator on track so as not to reveal that the online persona is a fiction and this allows them to control a conversation with say 10 agents posing as 100 personas. This is enough to derail or dilute any thread. It is likely being deployed everywhere the gov/corp security complex seeks to control the conversation.

edit on 17-3-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think I have one connect the dots that will show how this software is used for destabilization of countries.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

According to the contract between US Central Command (Centcom) and California company Ntrepid, the software would let each user control 10 personas, each "replete with background, history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographically consistent." The software would also be able to let personas "appear to originate in nearly any part of the world" and interact through "conventional online services and social media platforms," while using a static IP address for each persona to maintain a consistent online identity.

OK So we have a company name. Ntrepid

www.linkedin.com...

Ntrepid Corporation Activity on LinkedIn

Ramzi Asmar is now Analyst at Ntrepid Corporation
was Research Fellow at Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies
6 hours ago

We have a name. Ramzi Asmar

www.linkedin.com...

Ramzi Asmar
Title
--
Demographic info
Washington D.C. Metro Area | Government Relations
Education: University of Pittsburgh, University of Balamand, West Virginia University Summary: Conduct detailed All-Source Intelligence Analysis and paralleling the analysis with Socio-Cultural understanding of the Middle East. Linguistic s...

www.policymic.com...

How Social Media Has Become the New Weapon in the Middle East
By Heba Taha | Topics: Middle East Issues | Posted on: Tuesday January 25th 2011

At the bottom of the page.

Photo Credit: Ramzi Asmar

I suggest reading the article above."How Social Media Has Become the New Weapon in the Middle East"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I warned people a long time ago but nobody even listened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So did I.

But I ran into a different problem. After 38 pages and 118 flags, it was closed for reasons that were frankly untrue:

1. The premise implies that members who disagree with one or more conspiracy theories are paid to do so, which amounts to a blanket ad hominem argument.

2. It has predictably devolved into a flame-fest.

BTW, I S&F your thread just so you wouldn't feel totally ignored.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Fist star and flag on that thread and its from January 2008.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just a few of my thoughts...

1) They do pay attention to ATS and they have been caught playing in our sandbox. Just pop onto illustrial.net (the site that hosts our streaming shows) during the shows and see it for yourself. This site has a graphic map that shows everyone who connects and there is almost always a connection showing from a known government listening station.

2) Sock puppets are an issue period, governmental or not. And the ATS staff is pretty darn good at rooting them out and banning them. Even if the sock puppets use TOR or proxies, we quite often can root them out by other means. From our POV GI Troll is no different than any other troll and they'll suffer the same fate.

3) Regarding the concern that ATS staff could be forced to censor or promote certain opinions due to governmental pressure:

Should this ever happen I can assure you that the vast majority of staff would quit. ATS staff are not on any payroll, private or Federal. Staff are members first, and staff second, and the one trait we share is that we love ATS and its membership. If we were ever ordered to betray that love, we would refuse to do it - and I believe that refusal would be universal. From the amigos right down to the FMSE's.

The few subjects that are off limits on ATS ( hacking, criminal activities, and drugs ) cause a few people to claim that ATS is an extension of the government. The reality of this is that the truth is much more mundane. We just don't like being sued or having our members self incriminate.

4) Let them come to sway our opinions. We, more than any other group of people I have ever been associated with, are equipped to deal with this threat. Honestly, we have a subset of membership who, when waking to see a blue sky, will post a thread claiming that blue skies are proof of a conspiracy about something. We think way, way outside of the box here. Many of us refuse to watch main stream media. Many of us are so utterly paranoid that we think the pizza delivery boy is CIA.

So, let Mr NSA come play... By the time we are through with him, HE'LL be trying to figure it all out. We are the antidote. We are the poison in their well.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the reassurance Heff.

I think the main reason I'm not convinced is that it's the 'subtle' channeling that causes the most damage. Whilst I have the utmost confidence in the team here to root out the obvious and even the not-so-obvious attempts at manipulation, I'm 100% positive that the team wont get it all.

So this leaves me with only ONE conclusion. An increasing quantity of the topics and posts on ATS are government manufactured opinions ands neuro-linguistic sub-direction. That's where logic leads me, I wish it didn't.

What I'm asking for, is guidance or perhaps reassurance that there will be 'above the line' efforts to curtail this? I don't know how this would be done, but I honestly believe the 'fence' is being taken away from underneath ATS by this very issue.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Nice post, Heff. Good to know that informed and dedicated people like you are moderators.

I'll tell you something I noticed. The dozen or so usual suspects who are guaranteed to show up in a nanosecond at the first mention of 9/11, NASA, HAARP, 2012, chemtrails or any number of controversial subjects have completely stayed away from the new Japan forum.

This speaks volumes and demonstrates that even when one of the most significant events in decades happens, they're totally uninterested in discussing a real story. They're not even contesting suggestions that the Japanese earthquake/tsunami could've been the work of HAARP, which is unprecedented.

This in itself is evidence that they consider participation to be their job rather than a personal choice. Or maybe in all the chaos, the alphabet types haven't assigned anyone to Japan disinfo because the official story is still being formulated.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
This speaks volumes and demonstrates that even when one of the most significant events in decades happens, they're totally uninterested in discussing a real story. They're not even contesting suggestions that the Japanese earthquake/tsunami could've been the work of HAARP, which is unprecedented.

This in itself is evidence that they consider participation to be their job rather than a personal choice. Or maybe in all the chaos, the alphabet types haven't assigned anyone to Japan disinfo because the official story is still being formulated.

Very interesting point of view - I think anyone who takes a step back and looks at the content on ATS will see exactly these problems. So, for anyone to say that the content here on ATS is un-tainted is quite far-out.

There MUST be acknowledgement that we are going to see a continual rise in tainted content. It's LOGICAL, I can only wish it weren't.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Darkk

maybe you should stop posting off topic for a second, becasue your posts will get deleted. if you want to rant about the site, go to another forum, maybe david icks one im sure you will find plenty of people who will agree, and you wont be gagged.

Wow, is that the mindset here? As long as i agree with you it is on topic and those who go against the grain should be gagged?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Most likely outcome would be nobody here noticed

So true.

May I also say that ATS got on top of all this before we even heard about it... [I know I'm right. Had a very clear dream about it.]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I used to post and research on a site called "chemtrail central' that dealt very well with the constant on going aerosol/particulate spreading programs ensuing over much of the world's skies today. The VERY easy to detect DI's worked fabuously hard to downplay, marginalize, obfuscate, derail, and dilute the hard work of board members and contributers, in a very coordinated effort, but in the end I think they were wasting their time, no amount of effort on their part prevented pertinent info from reaching the surface but it did seem to make it harder to reach.. These people differ from just reg Joe sceptics and 'debunkers' in ways i think that only people who have dealt with them in the long term can EASILY recognize.

The log records for the site showed massive visits form just about EVERY alphabet soup entity and affiliated group it was amazing a small site like that could draw so much interest in a 'conspiracy theory' (LOL) type subject. When all else would fail to disrupt a very pertinent thread the board would just 'crash', sometimes data could not be restored, on occasion people would find they were locked out, passwords no longer worked, couldn't acccess site. etc. etc. and this wasn't reportedly done by any moderators, it came from OUTSIDE. This is just one example of what I have personally witnessed as I am sure many others here and elsewhere have, it's real. it's an infoWAR and some people have a professional stake in making sure the public only hears the sterilized censored side.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
The log records for the site showed massive visits form just about EVERY alphabet soup entity and affiliated group it was amazing a small site like that could draw so much interest in a 'conspiracy theory' (LOL) type subject.

So that site gives access to server logs out to the members?
On the server logs they say CIA,FBI,NSA ect... instead of an IP address?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join