It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions the Skeptics, Media and Government(s) Can’t Answer.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

this is a link to some info on the subject you might use ....peace wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I only know what I am guessing at and what I have read, but from my understanding, normally, they don't put boron into the storage pools.

MY Guess, they have fuel rods knocked over by the quake starting up the fission process in the storage pools.

Japan has dumped all the boron they have into the storage pools, and failed to even slow them down. Clearly this is a much bigger problem than is being admitted.

The reactors are small compared to Chernobyl, but the storage pools are another story. I don't enough to know how much of a threat those spent rods are, but clearly they are a considerable threat.

Now we have reactor breaches.

The situation is just starting to get ugly. This might make Chernobyl look like a minor incident.

We should be seeing headlines at this point saying, "Russia and the U.S. are rushing emergency supplies to contain ongoing nuclear disaster in Japan"., instead of these tepid reports, "New worry" and Raising concerns".

Evacuate Tokyo! We might have to evacuate California if they don't get these reactors and fuel storage pools entombed soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

l am sorry if l gave the impression that l don't believe in Exraterstial's. What l ment was l don't believe the hype that we have been fed over the last fifty+ years. l am certain that the universe is teeming with inteligent life. l also believe not only have we been visited but unbeknown to us they are here observing. l also believe that the powers that are controlling us are using this knowledge and are feeding us false information that will instill fear in us at a later date. l think the information that Gary Mckinnon discovered is very important. Had it not been for him we would never have known that NASA has "covertly" been building huge "space craft" off world with working rota's of off world personnel on them. As for my user name, we are all star children. That is where we came from, lt's just that a lot of us have not realised it yet. Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by JimIrie

I never really started thinking to much about this situation in a rational way until last night. This past week it's been pretty much just the concern for the people there and hoping for everyone's sake that this is a situation that can be handled.

Yet the more you look at the reporting and what's being said, it's so full of conflicting statements, and inconsistencies that make no common sense, I actually am now a bit angry and insulted that the Media is doing this to people.

Sure they are saying in part it's because the corporation that owns the plant is running the show and not being honest, but if I can see the inconsistencies that don't make sense in this story, shouldn't members of the press?

Some of them like (Anderson Cooper) are now starting to angrily question things, but the truth is we are just flat out being lied to and as usual treated like a bunch of brain dead idiots where if they give us the talking points they want us to argue we will limit the argument more or less around them.

It's appaling the level of disdain Government and media have for the people's intelligence.

Thanks for posting my friend.

a bit of "Ancient History" may be in order here.

back in 1970's, a company involved in nuclear fuel rods was guilty of murdering an employee who was concerned about safety!

they made a movie about the victim in the 80's.

en.wikipedia.org...

Because the plant has fallen behind on a major contract, employees are required to work long hours of overtime and managers are falsifying safety reports and cutting corners wherever possible, risking the welfare of the personnel. Karen approaches the union with her concerns and becomes active in lobbying for safeguards. She travels to Washington, D.C. where she interacts with union officials who appear to be more interested in the publicity she is generating than her welfare and that of her co-workers.

When Karen and other workers become contaminated by radiation, plant officials try to minimize the incident. When she discovers the negatives of photographs of the faulty fuel rods that caused her illness have been retouched and records of inadequate safety measures have been altered, Karen decides to conduct an investigation of her own. Complications arise in her personal life when funeral parlor beautician Angela joins the household as Dolly's lover and Drew, unable to deal with her obsession with gathering evidence, moves out.

Once she feels she has gathered all the proof of wrongdoing she needs, Karen contacts a reporter from the New York Times and arranges a meeting. In the film's final moments, the scene fades out as Karen sees headlights in her rear-view mirror, then fades in on the aftermath of her fatal one-car crash, and the viewer is left to decide whether the crash was truly an accident or deliberately caused.

the quote is from the movie ..... BUT

it is all true.

I know because I have an old friend who was actually involved with the Union that was at the company !!!!

the movie was based on fact, and the movie was a "Hollywood" response to Reagan's stand against the Air Traffic Controllers!

Karen Silkwood WAS the girl's real name.

funny how things that go around always come around!

en.wikipedia.org...

Has anybody seen THAT movie on TV lately ????? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

edit on 26-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by meathed

this is a link to some info on the subject you might use ....peace wattsupwiththat.com...

Thanks.
I was looking at it, and it made very little sense to this me.
Im waiting on a mate to pop over the help me work these flow charts out.
The water aspect has concerned me as much as the air aspect.
There are so many beautiful Island reefs an countries in that area and it would be interesting to find out where all this waist water is flowing.

Peace,
Meathed,

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Larry Kudlow tells us EXACTLY how the Government, the Media, and Corporate profit mongerers truly feel about the 'half-naughts':

"The human toll here looks to be much worse than the economic toll, and we can be greatful for that..."

That just about sums it up...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm relive to know we have a nuclear expert on this site.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well one of my main questions in the opening piece is proving to be a very valid one as reports out of Japan are now stating that radioactive water from the plant has managed to find it's way back to the Sea causing radiation levels thousands of times higher than normal in an area of ocean that appears to be steadily growing and they are now admitting having global implications.

Radiation in Seawater May Be Spreading in Japan

TOKYO -- Workers at Japan's damaged nuclear plant raced to pump out contaminated water suspected of sending radioactivity levels soaring as officials warned Monday that radiation seeping from the complex was spreading to seawater and soil.

Mounting obstacles, missteps and confusion at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex have stymied emergency workers struggling to cool down the overheating plant and avert a disaster with global implications.

www.aolnews.com...

It's been ten days since they managed to hook external power cables back up to the plant with none of the critical equipment they felt that they would be able to get back up and running quickly once power was restored, back up and running.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes...

This situation is getting worse and I hate to be right about these things.
But we have been saying that since the beginning of this thread.

I actually think that this thread sums the entire situation up very eloquently.
We are being told lies or being deliberately mislead by the people who have the power to fix this disgrace.

I posted a comment in another thread yesterday about Japan.
People were so polarized and that really bombs a discussion. This polarization is also why I stick to commenting on a very few posters threads.
I would say that we do a pretty good job at self-policing in your threads Proto and I wish more people would do the same.

Because we are in the middle of an information war and the Japan debacle exemplifies this situation.

The messages coming out in the media appear as if they are designed to polarize.
Half the people think that nothing is wrong. Nothing to see here folks.
They call the other side fear monger junkies.

The other half thinks that the opposing side is naive and stupid and believes everything that they hear.

Roman divide and conquer.

I hate to say it, but that is what I see.

But back to Japan. It is bad. The long term effects are what will be sooooo bad and TEPCO came out a few days ago basically stating that the MOX fuel rods (plutonium) have been compromised.

Plutonium has a much shorter half life than uranium (we are still talking in the millions of years however) and that shorter half life means an excess amount of radiation will be released.
I am trying to be realistic about this, but how can that even be possible if the information that we are being fed in order to make a rational decision is constantly manipulated.

BTW...

Check your messages.
edit on 3/28/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

We seem to very much live in a world where Faith Based Religion has been used to more or less create Faith Based Government, where people want to have faith in what is being said simply because they believe in the Authority of Government and that it wouldn't be abused.

Yet despite the Government and Media saying differently many of the questions regarding this situation in the Original Post are sound ones, and many of the concerns a number of members have had, than ran contrary to what the Government and Media were saying are proving over the course of time to be true.

So it would seem faith isn't all it's cracked up to be when it's blind faith.

I do try hard to stay involved in my threads, keep them on focus and on track.

I think we have seen a few 'experts' try to gain some traction here in this thread and were amazed to find out that just throwing out some scientific jargon, admonishments and reassurances didn't create the acceptance they were looking for.

I think it all once again goes back to not accepting poor, partial or non-answers especially when its something as serious as this situation.

I think the Governments and Media know that people are generally looking for some 'good news' and reassurances in situations like this despite the fears and suspect that they can satisfy those people with generic non-answers and reassurances.

That's not what many of us on ATS are looking for though, so we keep probling and asking.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by JimIrie

Sure they are saying in part it's because the corporation that owns the plant is running the show and not being honest, but if I can see the inconsistencies that don't make sense in this story, shouldn't members of the press?

Some of them like (Anderson Cooper) are now starting to angrily question things, but the truth is we are just flat out being lied to and as usual treated like a bunch of brain dead idiots where if they give us the talking points they want us to argue we will limit the argument more or less around them.

Anderson Cooper better be careful, he could end up losing his job like Rick Sanchez did.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
But back to Japan. It is bad. The long term effects are what will be sooooo bad and TEPCO came out a few days ago basically stating that the MOX fuel rods (plutonium) have been compromised.

Plutonium has a much shorter half life than uranium (we are still talking in the millions of years however) and that shorter half life means an excess amount of radiation will be released.

The worst part about plutonium is that it's so chemically toxic. A really ripping MOX rod fire and the right wind pattern and you'll get way more deaths from chemical pulmonary fibrosis than you'll get from the radiation. It doesn't take much. A few hundred micrograms of inhaled plutonium oxide aerosol and you'll buy the farm muy pronto without waiting around for radiation effects.

Not that it's not bad for you in terms of radiation - although it's not particularly dangerous if it's outside you. What sucks is if you inhale or ingest it. Then you not only get that lovely chemotoxic effect, but it's pretty good at causing neoplasms - it spits out fast alphas which are a problem inside a cell but not outside your body.

Long ago someone let the ball drop on the punch line of a study - if you were a turrist, you could get more traction by lighting a ceramic dish full of plutonium shavings on top of the Empire State Building with a road flare during a temperature inversion than you could by trying to make a small inefficient nuke with it, all things being equal.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think we have seen a few 'experts' try to gain some traction here in this thread and were amazed to find out that just throwing out some scientific jargon, admonishments and reassurances didn't create the acceptance they were looking for.

Acceptance isn't a goal - just accuracy, and a bit of critical reading. Heard any more about neutron beams?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join