It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions the Skeptics, Media and Government(s) Can’t Answer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Great observations my friend, and it is truly alarming that such clear and imminent danger is present and we are not only being given but far too many of us accepting really 3rd rate answers to some very important questions.

Our corporate culture that has long corrupted our governments does not really serve us in such times at all.

Thanks for joining in.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for putting it all together so precisely and coherently so we can understand what is going on.

The past couple of days I have heard that what needs to be done, these nuclear plants need to be entombed before it is too late, or maybe it is too late.

Another thing that blows my mind is the fact we are getting information from the companies who run these plants and not from experts, very scary indeed.

The fact that the U.S. and other countries are evacuating their citizens says a lot, I say it is about time.

I like you Proto have been concentrating on the people and horrific loss and damage, it is time to be realistic about what this all means.

S&F Proto and thanks again.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Proto,

Yes, there is a very large cover-up underway. It began soon, I believe as we were hearing
"breaking news" of the Earthquake, The Tsunami, The Nuclear Disaster there was intentional
withholding of critical information.

I suppose this can be a lesson in humanity for us all, yet it is so tragic as lives are at stake.
The loss of life, suffering, the unfolding calamity is already unprecedented. To magnify its sorrow
and grief through deceit is unimaginable, yet that is what is unfolding before our eyes.

Why lie, when lives can be saved?

Edit to add: Three days ago I saw this, and have documented it and will continue to here:
Widespread Radiation Contamination Concerns - Cover Up In Japan Nuclear Disaster
edit on 17-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I think to a very real extent my friend that we have all been caught up in the drama of the struggle as it's being presented to us and worried as humans about our fellow humans.

Clearly though what they are presenting to us does not add up to make much sense, and that likely represents another grave danger all on it's own too, I think we need to start contemplating and addressing.

Nice to see I am not alone in feeling this way, horrible to see this tragedy goes from bad to worse and so do the answers and explanations we are offered for it.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
One more question:

What effect will this have on our food supply? I haven't read the Japan threads here ('cept for this one) but is anyone even talking about the potential harm to the world's oceans and our food supply?

Spent $300 more on canned goods today...

Crazy, crazy, crazy!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well it's becoming fairly obvious these clouds are going to be sweeping across the planet, and as this crisis lingers on more and more of them, sooner or later this all comes back down in rainfall on crops, and into the ground water, and the government is admitting it will be 'measurable, though not pose a 'significant' health hazzard. Which is a nice way of saying only some people will get sick in some ways by it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Excellent thread, and excellent points. I wish I had specific information to add about the meltdown, but I dont.

The main thing this all points at to me is how much trouble we are in regarding what Kosmicjack brought up. The link between the media, politics and corporations and their profit motive are lethal to humanity. It is something that NEEDS to be addressed, and soon.

I just came into contact with the Zeitgeist movement via their film, and while I dont agree with every single thing they claim, (they claim there is no human nature, I disagree, natural selection HAS imbued us with some common drives, feelings, morals, etc.) they actually discuss this very topic. How do we move away from a profit driven society and all the problems and misery it causes human beings?

I may be the last person to have seen the film, lol, Im not always on top of popular movements, but if by chance you havent seen it, I recommend it.

We need to do something different. Soon. The corporatisation of the world is placing us in grave danger, and we need to come up with some other way of doing things SOON.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That statement of "extremely minor health consequences in the United States." really worries me. What exactly what is an extremely minor health consequence? Last time I checked, radiation doesn't cause papercuts or hangnails. I'm in Oregon and I don't want to get irradiated. I'm scared.

I've even taken measures to protect myself in the event that a nearby city was nuked. I have a basement and some stored food and a little water. But I can not prepare for months of hunkering down. My instinct is to pack up the car and leave, but I can't do it yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks for adding that great addition. Indeed how do we as people begin to protect ourselves from the profit and control motives of the government and the corporations against this kind of abbusive and dishonest maddness?

Seems to me we need to start finding some answers to that question!

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
An excellent set of questions... If we go with the idea that there are Those who would eliminate most of the Human race, however, what we see makes sense, n'est pas?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
An excellent set of questions... If we go with the idea that there are Those who would eliminate most of the Human race, however, what we see makes sense, n'est pas?

You are correct, is there a more sinister motive as to why the governments and corporations would like toxic radio active clouds sweeping the earth, that isn't as warm and fuzzy as the phoney non-answers they feed us minute by minute hour by hour while we are being endangered and imperriled through their actions?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Bit out of touch at present as am traveling thus limited to info from my mobile and radio news reports on an old am radio that the owner of the boat riding downriver with owns.. Thus cant make a full assesment.. But going by what pieced together thus far theres a few factors at work..
1. Translation errors as on radio the head of the fukushima reactor did say that it is an emergency situation ..
Which leads me to suspect the same for information sent to foriegn embassies in japan being translated wrongly.
2. The usual tendency of western media to exaggerate and fearmonger for ratings ..
3. Misinfo given by governments on all sides .. The usual politicians and their idiotic games..
4. The japanese are used to earthquakes its a fact of life in japan and growing up there learn to handle them with most keeping emergency kits on hand and buildings designed to withstand them.. Unfortuneatly this one was larger than normal along with the tsunami that followed.. Even so the japanese are remaining calm and doing all they can to help each other out.. The panic is coming mostly from foriegners in japan who arent familiar with earthquakes nor the way japan responds to them - thus the mass exodus at the airport all the people interviewed on radio at the airport were westerners..
The combination of factors leads me to similar questions .. Not sure what to make of it tbh other than something odd with the picture and not being familiar with reactor technology wont attempt a guess for an answer..
Excellent questions and great thread as always Proto S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I just came into contact with the Zeitgeist movement via their film, and while I dont agree with every single thing they claim, (they claim there is no human nature, I disagree, natural selection HAS imbued us with some common drives, feelings, morals, etc.) they actually discuss this very topic. How do we move away from a profit driven society and all the problems and misery it causes human beings?

I offer a solution... I'm pretty sure you may have seen it... The End of Entropy (read first) is the foundational piece, The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform is the structure. Both are linked in my sig.

As to Human nature, yes. There is such a thing, but what we are TOLD it is and what it really is are two different things. Because we are twisted and confined in a system of money with Them in control, when They do bad things, They blame it on "Human nature," when They pull strings and we react, it's called Human nature, but Human nature is loving, caring and giving once the constraints of money are removed.

I recommend reading a book called A Paradise Built in Hell, by Rebecca Solnit. In it she shows how we behave when money breaks down. Human nature is beautiful when freed to express itself fully.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Amaterasu

You are correct, is there a more sinister motive as to why the governments and corporations would like toxic radio active clouds sweeping the earth, that isn't as warm and fuzzy as the phoney non-answers they feed us minute by minute hour by hour while we are being endangered and imperriled through their actions?

Yeah, it is sad to realize that we are being killed off - and mostly, there's nothing we can do about it... Except come together and "take over." Divided we are conquered.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

When you step back and look at the situation realistically, everything the MSM is saying makes no sense at all. They are pumping seawater to control the heat and release of radiation? Where does the irradiated sea water go after it has cascaded over the exposed fuel rods? Assuming that the sea water in question wasn't furiously evaporated into a billowing radioactive steam cloud that went skyward.

One poster in another thread said that the power would soon be on to the main pumps and that everything will be alright. The poster in question really believed that. What good is getting the pumps working now when the heat exchangers and critical piping has been disintegrated by horrendous explosions?

I wish I could believe the MSM and I wish that their fairy tale explanations were true but it just doesn't fly. They are putting every one at risk by down playing this and making it seem as though this freight train is not de-railed yet. There is no hope for containment anymore.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Where the sea water is going is something I have wondered too, and clearly they aren't trucking it out of there or have any mechanism to collect it.

What people are willing to believe at this point is just plain scary my friend.

I seriously believe we all need to upgrade the quality of our question and somehow find a way to start asking better ones of authority and the press, and demanding real anwers.

Thanks for joining in my friend.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Here is a video of a Naval Officer I believe, giving a press release on youtube about an evacuation from Japan. He's tiptoeing as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Also, as we speak, videos are dissapearing, articles scrubbed.
Any proof you find you'll want to save it to your drive

The video below was available on You Tube, has now been deleted. It can still be seen here

www.shiatv.net...

A large scale cover-up of the extent and severity of Japan’s multiple nuclear meltdowns is now underway, according to Yoichi Shimatsu, the former editor of the Japan Times Weekly. Mr. Shimatsu appeared on CCTV, China’s state-run television network

edit on 17-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Great questions Proto! I think this is the answer.
Population reduction starting now!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here's some info on the 50 heroes: www.foxnews.com...

Meanwhile, 50 employees at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant -- dubbed the Fukushima 50 -- have put their health and well-being on the line as they try to prevent a total nuclear meltdown with conditions worsening at the plant.

The International Atomic Energy Agency reports that 20 of the workers have suffered from radiological contamination, 19 have been injured, while two others are missing.

Def not good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join