It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions the Skeptics, Media and Government(s) Can’t Answer.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Benjamin Fulford has an interesting take on this.

www.youtube.com...

He lives in Japan and is in contact with leaders there.

I have mixed feelings about Fullford, and I have seen his HAARP Videos including him accusing George Bush Sr as being the head of the International Shadow Government that Fullford describes as simply a Mafia.

I have a couple concerns about Fullford one is that he is clearly wired and under the influence of either Cocaine or Cyrstal Meth in his videos, and two I don't think he shared.

I think his information is basically 'sound' but he's a terrible delivery man for it.

One of my old friends was a Forbes Magazine Editor about the time Fullford worked for them and I asked him his take on Ben and he said simply "He's an interesting guy with problems".

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I appreciate you sharing what you feel, but the corporate culture of saving face in Japan is well known and no we aren't any where near to solving this problem.

In fact early efforts to donwplay it and to mitigate it and make excuses for it, have in fact just led many people to realize that the experts and the reporters are not credible.

Even your own statement is full of conflicting information like we are closer to the end of this now, while at the same time, saying no we are a long way off from the point the plant can be entombed or dismantled.

They might be closer to finding a way to get it out of the media spotlight, but that's not the same as closer to having the problem solved.

I don't think any exposure is acceptable whether its from a Chinese Nuclear test or the incompetence of the Japanese Corporation and Government to have adequate safety measures in place for these plants and these kinds of disasters.

I don't honestly know what is going to happen or what the solution is either, but I can honetly say, no one involved directly with the crisis seems to have any more of a clue than I do, and that my friend is nothing to downplay at all.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to be completely honest here: it's extremely hard for me to read through ATS at this point. I lost friends in the tsunami. There's a hell of a lot of posts that make me want to deactivate my account at the very least, and it's been very difficult to restrain myself from firing my keyboard through the window in just about every thread I've read.

Forgive me if you thought there was a contradiction in what I said. I don't see it. From all accounts, we are nearer to the end of the crisis than the beginning. Encasing a reactor in concrete or decommissioning the plant doesn't represent the end of the crisis, it represents the end of the plant. There's a difference, and I'm sorry if I'm not explaining that well enough.

The reporting that's going on here is significantly different from the reporting going on where you are. a quick check of the headlines shows quite a few stories (ie. workers evacuated from Fukushima, headline on my yahoo news) that haven't been accurate for days - and in fact, with that story, it was only accurate for an hour.

In that light, I'd agree that certain reporters are neglecting their duties. I've got a thread somewhere on here noting how Fox News cited "Shibuya Eggman" as a nuclear power plant in Tokyo. It's the name of a nightclub.

Not all news sources are the same. the Sun ran a story that became self fulfilling prophecy the other day, talking about a "Mass Exodus From Tokyo", when at that point, no such exodus was occurring. The western media has since run with that story, and expats are starting to feel like they should be getting out. Don't come back.

I have no reason to believe - either from what I've seen here on the news and read in the papers - that the Japanese media, or government, or TEPCO is engaged in a mass cover-up, because I've been able to verify stories through my own channels.

That said, I DO believe that the western media, particularly the media in the USA and Canada, is over-sensationalizing events, and the discrepancies you're seeing emerge are the result of the facts not fitting with the story they've created.

Taking, for example, the headline regarding the evacuation of workers. Some networks carried that as breaking news for 10 hours after it was no longer true. And rather than admit to their lying through all that time, they simply moved on.

If there is a problem in covering up facts, it's not occurring here - it's a problem in the newsrooms overseas, where they seem very reluctant to accept that information changes rapidly in a crisis. If I say it's sunny now, and it starts to snow this afternoon, that doesn't make me a liar for saying it was sunny. And reporting my comment as being engaged in cover-up on precipitation levels in Japan would plainly be irresponsible. But that, in a nutshell, is exactly what's going on.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Great thread OP and a very acute analysis of what is obviously a masterclass in obfuscation.

As for the governments of the world lying to us, all i have to say is when can you genuinely remember them doing any other such thing than lying to us?

A few years ago my grandad said some very poignant words to me and they were:

"Whatever the officials say to the populace, in whichever country in the world, is always the direct opposite of the truth and once you realise this, the world makes much more sense and the truth so much easier to fathom..."

basically, dont trust a one of em. Since the outset of this series of disasters in Japan, I've found coming to this website a faster route to truths than anything in the MSM. I applaud all the people involved in tracking all the relevant data worldwide, most of it unpaid I'm sure and in their own time and informing the rest of us.

My hats off to this community and godspeed to all of you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Benjamin Fulford has an interesting take on this.

www.youtube.com...

He lives in Japan and is in contact with leaders there.

Benjamin Fulford is a hoaxer on par with Sorcha Faal. The only "contact" he has with anyone that can be called a leader here would best be described as stalking.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

There is no need for any other hypothesis here.

I love people who come on 'conspiracy forums' to dismiss people on conspiracy forums.

However there is a need to look at all the possibilities and no good detective would eliminate anything at this stage.

Have you read the patents on HAARP when you aren't too busy watching the Main Stream Barbie and Ken Dolls bounce their coifed heads up and down in unison as they throw in one emotional cue and body language suggestion after another to go with the fluff and non-answers and rediculous editorialized spins they spew like brainless zombies?

Some of us who don't live in Vacation Bible School Land actually know what's really going on in the world.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

First off I am sorry for your loss, and you might want to consider giving yourself some time away to come to terms with your grief.

I think we are all along way away from knowing the whole truth behind these events, and what the end of the road for them is going to be and when.

These problems won't be going away any time soon, so trust me when I say, if it takes some time to heal, digest, absorb, and come to terms with things, this is something that is going to be effecting Japan and perhaps us all moving forward into the future.

I hope things get better for you and your loved ones.

Try to keep in mind though, that as much as this has effected you, it really is all of humanities problem right now.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I agree Ben Fulford is a bit flakey. I do believe that sometimes even a fool may be woth listening to though. He is not high on my list either, but he is a long time resident of Japan and worth a guarded consideration IMO.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The first thing you have to understand about the Japanese, is that they pride themselves one being straight faced liars, "whoever tells the biggest lie and gets away with it wins"

The Japanese people fully understand this , because its their culture, just as every other culture in the world knows that you can never trust the any government or any corporation.

The only reason that the US government would even consider telling us anything, is if it is only in their best interest or fits into their agenda somehow? and that's the only reason why.....ole barack baby is looking for re-election, so now he needs to look like he truly cares about the world and his people...hahahahahaha ....its all smoke and mirrors folks, its all smoke and mirrors...trust your instincts and do what feels right to protect yourselves, don't rely on smoke and mirrors

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

One of my old friends was a Forbes Magazine Editor about the time Fullford worked for them and I asked him his take on Ben and he said simply "He's an interesting guy with problems".

I have the exact same take on Fulford.

But I've noticed that others like him frequently are interesting people with problems.

And in this case, I think the circumstantial evidence leads to a decent chance that he's correct.

Just Google "currency wars" and you'll see who might've been a little too obstinate at last October's G-20 Asian economic summit.

edit on 3/17/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here is an seemingly "unrelated" video that will explain why this is happening, please watch.

From Freakonomics The Movie. It's worth your time. I watched it today and the dots connected!

This should ellucidate into Japanese culture and why there may be a "cover up".

If you have Netflix, please watch that part in full, I think the YT cuts off.

edit on 17-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

reply to post by XtraTL

There is no need for any other hypothesis here.

I love people who come on 'conspiracy forums' to dismiss people on conspiracy forums.

However there is a need to look at all the possibilities and no good detective would eliminate anything at this stage.

Have you read the patents on HAARP when you aren't too busy watching the Main Stream Barbie and Ken Dolls bounce their coifed heads up and down in unison as they throw in one emotional cue and body language suggestion after another to go with the fluff and non-answers and rediculous editorialized spins they spew like brainless zombies?

Some of us who don't live in Vacation Bible School Land actually know what's really going on in the world.

Thanks.

Wow

Well said ProTrav! Even my head was spinning on that rant!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I agree Ben Fulford is a bit flakey. I do believe that sometimes even a fool may be woth listening to though. He is not high on my list either, but he is a long time resident of Japan and worth a guarded consideration IMO.

Like I said I do think Fullford's contentions are sound it's just he makes a terrible spokesman for them and that can really hurt a cause.

You are correct that some times foolish people do say very wise things.

At least that's been my experience.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

I have the exact same take on Fulford.

But I've noticed that others like him frequently are interesting people with problems.

And in this case, I think the circumstantial evidence leads to a decent chance that he's correct.

Just Google "currency wars" and you'll see who might've been a little too obstinate at last October's G-8 economic summit.

Lets be honest I think anyone with half a bain who knows what is really going on in this world would likely try to numb the pain of that knowledge with some kind of external stimuli.

Some of histories most intelligent and learned contributors have been people with substance problems and compulsive behavior disorders.

Look at Freud all of his theories were written while intoxicated on coc aine yet despite knowing that the industry he more or less created feels that they are sound.

Troubled minds are often the most brilliant ones.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

judge for yourself

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Doesn't look too good to me.

Thanks for sharing those pictures.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm with ya, brother. From the first explosion, my instincts told me there would be nothing they could do. And I would also like to mention, if "they" are saying the radiation in Bakersfield is "minimal", you can be pretty sure they are lying. I just don't trust any mainstream media or our government.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OP: Excellent post!
Many of the same thoughts have been going through my head as well.

Hemisphere: excellent point brought up with the whole GE connection.

VOX2422: There are no words that can express my sorrows for your losses! I am so very sorry!

A lot of my thoughts have already been expressed here.

I absolutely believe world wide militarys could have mobilized a way better reaction to the nuclear reactor "issues" VERY QUICKLY.

I do believe the efforts or maybe non efforts are ALL about protecting $$$.

My gut is saying something about the official story (or stories) is WAY off!

I find it very interesting GE is caught up in this.

I think the MSM, at this point, are nothing more than propaganda agents. Nothing more or less.

I'm prior service: when I was in; there was plan A-Z for damage control for any kind of "anomaly". We planned on the worst case scenario & then we "practiced" what we would do in any worst case scenario. I just can't seem to understand why a nuclear power plant wouldn't be just as prepared-if not more!!!

Also, I think the whole reason weare so passionate about this is because we not only stand with the Japanese people! But we love them, hurt for them, and don't want this to get any worse for them!
edit on 17-3-2011 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: My clumbsy fingers on this touch screen hit reply before I was done.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It is also possible that TPTB need to balance the checkbook. America is pretty much making the economy of the world insolvent. Two birds one stone, population and balance sheet, start with a clean slate in EU.

I don't believe this but it is possible.

I think they are covering up what they have to. They knew day one that it was out of control and have been trying to figure out what to do. The helicopters are evidence of this. It's not difficult to calculate how long you have before the pools burn if you know what's in them. They are trying to restore the cooling to the pools and don't want to admit that there have been 3 meltdowns keeping them from getting close to it.

Why do I say this?
1) It would be impossible to encase or entomb the reactors with the pools in place and without cooling. Any structure would explode from the expanding gas from the steam and fire after.

2) The pools are not on fire yet. Evidenced by the fact that the helicopter was even there. The radiation given off during a fire at that altitude would have likely been high enough to kill the pilot.

3) Even the fallout maps on ZAMG only cover C's and I's. Where are the P's,T's, and U's? Can't show your that can they?

www.zamg.ac.at...:15
Click the updates on the left hand side

It's in German but the graphics don't lie. Look back at previous dates to see how much larger these clouds are. The I's and C's will degrade fast (few days for I's, 2 to 30 years for C's) compared to P's at 24,000 years and U's 159,000 years. Of course there is a huge range U-232 for example would be 69 years and U-233 would be 159,000.

*Note: Cs-137 has been shown to last as long as 320 years near Chernobyl.
edit on 3/17/2011 by utsaME because: Typo

edit on 3/17/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Amaterasu

You know what? You are not making an argument. You are offering opinion and saying "because I say so. "

Um... If you say so.

You asked for an analogy I gave you one. Now its too much of an analogy for you.

I asked for an EXAMPLE, not an analogy. You gave me an analogy and then took it far beyond where it needed to go. I explained that the depth was unnecessary and why. But I guess that's just me saying because I said so.

Lets agree to disagree, because I dont want invest the time or energy building good argument for opinion in return.

Good thinking. Because if all you see when I explain is "because I said so..." There's no communicating.

And frankly, I tire of being told what I said - especially when I didn't say it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The media blackoutdownplay on this whole situation shouldn't be suprising, just history repeating itself. You can look into the Windscale fire incident on october 10th 1957 at the nuclear power plant know today as Sellafield in the UK. The power plant itself being the center of contreversy during the 50's also had the worst nuclear disaster in Britain and the media and government basically did the same thing.....downplay the gravity of the situation.
edit on 17-3-2011 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join