It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

www.guardian.co.uk

The US military is developing software that will let it secretly manipulate social media using fake online personas designed to influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda.

A Californian corporation has been awarded a contract with the US Central Command (Centcom) to develop what is described as an "online persona management service" that will allow one serviceman or woman to control up to 10 separate identities at once.

The contract stipulates each persona must have a convincing background, history and supporting details, and that up to 50 controllers must be a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Finally, once and for all, we have concrete evidence that many of the personalities we see on ATS are actually government shill accounts.

The constant stream of pro-american, pro-'American Values' comments and threads can be largely attributed to this sort of activity by the US intelligence and military agencies.

Isn't it about time we applied a super-critical analysis of ATS commentary to to gauge how much shill activity we are facing?

Make no mistake - you ARE being lied to, and you ARE being lied to on ATS.

Let's fight back ATS, fight back NOW!

The Revenant.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
good find, and I do believe it is part of the terms and conditions of ATS that you are not allowed to set up multiple accounts and "talk to yourself" which I think this would fall under that category of creating 10 or more controlled accounts.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yeah and all those upheaval's that were started in the middleast were probably the beta-testing of this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I definitely agree, its messed up, like why the hell do you need to spy on other peoples lives? No wonder why the world hates us so much because we get involved in everyones affairs! =/ If only this world was a better place where there was no censorship. Let the people live in peace

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Centcom spokesman Commander Bill Speaks said: "The technology supports classified blogging activities on foreign language websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the US."

This text I find extremely interesting, it is clear that freedom of speech is neither expected nor wanted. Fascism in the US government is here, and is being acted upon.

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm always dubious about the 3-5 letter user names when all are uppercase.
I have noticed a few that are very pro the mainstream storylines.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join