It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Has Been Restricted In Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
[Mod Note: Caution - Profanity in video]

I got this video from wich I subscribe on youtube.. it says it was the las message this guy was able to send from his account in Japan..

Very interesting video and also very interesting how a government deal with the truth.

www.youtube.com...

Help him if you wish to spread out the word.
edit on 17/3/11 by masqua because: added profanity warning

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Compelling video.

Here is the embed:

edit on 17-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That was a good video. I just woke up and I've seen several references to the "explosion" this morning (the 17th) but I cannot find anything to confirm it. What has happened in Japan today?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by swifteagle

Thought I would embed it for you as I just learn't how to do it...hopefully.

I also am in japan and can't believe whats being shown on the Tv channels here as apposed to what should be on, as the guy in the vid says...agree 100%

edit on 17-3-2011 by Mythkiller because: spelling

Bugga, you beat me to it

edit on 17-3-2011 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Thanks for embeding the video, I didnt know how to do it...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Oh also wanted to wish you the best there in Japan, Take care mate... We all wish you the very best..

Here in Brisbane Australia when we had the floods, the news run everything on the floods for the whole day, I am surprice it is not the same in Japan.

Once again take care.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Satellite photo shows smoke emitted also from No. 2 reactor:
english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Its just crazy how they're banning everything, first it was egypt now its japan getting their internet and youtube banned. Its insane!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The french guy mentions that the video is either from the 14th or the 15th. It's very disturbing on top of the entire situation to see how little information is being given. It really makes you want to help directly.

What I don't understand is how the subject line here has anything to do with this video. Where is the link pointing to verified information that You Tube is restricted and to what extent? He is discussing the lack of information on TV.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Never mind, I found the article linked in the video on You Tube:

Military Blocks High-Volume Websites as Precaution After Japan Quake

www.nationaljournal.com...

The US military blocked high band width sites, not the Japanese government. Understandable when urgent communications are a priority.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
# you CNN and all the other media!

+43 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I read yesterday it was to conserve energy or network ..or something. They arent hiding anything. Cmon, what , they are hiding the truth that they are all gonna die? Dont be absurd.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would not be waiting around for the Japanese government to tell me to evacuate. I would be gone already.

Once those trade wind shift to over the mainland it will make it a nuclear wasteland.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The only thing I learned from this video: Japanese TV is very very silly.

Wait, I already knew that

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i believe that these measures have been put in place to stop the reality of the situation being broadcast around around the world by people on the ground i.e. that things are nowhere near as bad as the main stream media is making it out to be. there can be no other reasonable explanation. as everyones fear of terror and terrorists has declined, a new falsity must be propogated to keep the masses in a state of distraction and fear.
DONT TRUST GOVERNMENTS AND THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
More proof of a global hidden agenda unknown to the people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by swifteagle

I posted a thread yesterday telling everyone that the Japanese are restricting popular websites but as usual the Americans were not paying attention!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ustream and many alternative streamers are still working. Don't cry every time big corporate gets ticked by the government into doing something these are businesses and they are run as such. These are not non profit organizations with humanist agendas. If you don't like being under the control of lamestream get out. Try alternative. What is known often feels safe but it also traps our options without us even knowing it. Obviously this is going out to the small % who feel affected by this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I feel bad for this guy. I think everyone I know has had a good rant like that about one thing or another at some point over the last few days. I know I have. Everyone is under a lot of strain.

From the moment of the earthquake until the evening of the 17th, all Japanese TV stations were covering news, around the clock. At this moment (2:05 pm, 3/18), four of the six stations I get are showing news. One of those will continue with 24 hour news for the forseeable future, while the rest will alternate to allow both crews and audience a bit of a break. However, as I've seen several times, breaking news takes immediate precedent over regular programming.

Why resume regular programming? Because people - like me, for example - are burned out. Sorry, but I can't watch it anymore. Not around the clock, at least. Someone sent me a stream of a hockey game the other day, and that was a couple of hours of pure bliss to take my brain off the hook for a couple of hours.

Youtube, however, is not blocked. There were apparently limited restrictions in place if you were on a US base as far as high volume sites went, but that didn't affect anyone off base. I haven't had any trouble accessing any information at all, and likewise I can attest that skype is working perfectly. If anything, it's better than normal.

new topics

top topics

join