It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitor? Need verification

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by mileysubet
sight the law she is disregarding....

Cite** It is disrespectful to the US citizens. She may not be violating an exact law, but she is an elected official, a member of the government elected by US CITIZENS.

I hate to break it to you but Palin hasn't been an elected official since July of 2009. And even if she were, it's still not treason. per article 3 US Constitution-

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attained.

OP could you explain how anything the former governor is doing falls under that definition of treason? I'm no fan of hers but I'm even less a fan of outright ignorance.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Pretty sure Palin isn't in office anymore there Sean Parnell is the new Alaskan governor. And there are many Latino officials who have both US Flags and Mexico's as well. It is not treasonous to do so.

Beat to it.
edit on 3/17/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
1) That's the Alaskan flag

2) It's not illegal in any way to have another nation's flag displayed. However flag codes state it must not be higher than the US flag.

3) Sarah Palin is a moron who accepted a nomination as veep candidate, despite having no idea what the job entailed. She then quit her position as governor of the least-governed, smallest state in the union, because it was too hard - only two years into her term. She then landed a deal with - of all entities - the Learning Channel for an insipid reality show that has just made her look even more ridiculous and ensured that her political future has become vastly more narrow. But she's not a traitor.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
sight the law she is disregarding....

Cite** It is disrespectful to the US citizens.

this is arbitrary.
i don't find it in the least bit disrespectful.

so, in the end did you just start this thread because palin having an israeli flag in her office rubs you the wrong way?
all based off of one photograph?

plus...if you want to go down that road. sarah palin isn't even an elected official. so your point is moot.

...for the record i'm not a sarah palin fan....not even a little bit...not even at all...
edit on 17-3-2011 by slowisfast because: addition

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

I did! Funny as... lol

OP: What if it was an Irish, Scottish, Welsh or British Flag? Would you still feel so 'appalled' by it? Or is it purely your prejudice showing?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by DerbyCityLights

But that still does not rule out that Israel is not a signed ally. What happens the day a big war in the USA happens and we need allies help? Canada will help, they have signed treaties, and so have a few other countries. Israel will still not provide military help. It is still not an ally.

We may have similar interests in the middle east, but an allegiance requires full backing and defense of each nation that is reciprocal and a signature.

I don't think that the flag is photoshopped in. Palin is scheduled to fly to Isreal this weekend to meet with Nutty-Yahoo in anticipation of announcing her presidential bid.

www.rawstory.com...

As has a Romney and Huckabee who are both expected to announce their bid for president. My question is: why do they have to visit Big Benjamen before they can announce their intentions.

And in response to the OP, No, I don't see any situation where Isreal would intervene militarily in support of U.S. security, but signed or unsigned we are allied with Isreal no matter what the circumstance. I think it sux but it is what it is.
edit on 17-3-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: Forgot to post link for my claim.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ugh. its just a peace of cloth. maybe one day every human will be flying the same flag, with a picture of the earth on it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

What if it was an Irish, Scottish, Welsh or British Flag? Would you still feel so 'appalled' by it?

Now on this Paddy`s day, everyone should be flying the Irish flag, dontcha think? The Scottish flag is fine, I suppose. (then clears throat and spits on the ground) Cheers everyone!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's amazing how conditioned people are to support Israel. Are you people blind to the Israel lobby's influence, on our government and media? Does no one find it interesting that an absolute requirement of an electable presidential candidate is that they must support Israel. Even someone as painfully ignorant as Sarah Palin eats up and spews out the propaganda. The media gives half-truths about the amount of money the U.S. gives to Israel each year breaking up the numbers a billion here for military aid, a billion there for economic aid, they never combine it and tell U.S. citizens that it's billions of dollars given each year to Israel.

It's just surprising that people here need to resort to name-calling when talking about Israel. There certainly have been more "out there" threads and ideas discussed with less hostility. It's not unreasonable for people to question the relationship between the U.S. and Israel.

Honestly though, no one finds it odd that if you went into a Walmart in central Nebraska and asked an obese christian, card-carrying republican brainwashed by Fox news to think corporate-backed Neo-conservative values are in his best interest and truly patriotic, and asked this ignorant man what his thoughts on Israel are he would reply "It's important we support our good ally in the middle east Israel". A line given over and over on Fox news and by Faux-Republican candidates.

Before I offend, I would like to say most of my family and friends are ignorant Walmart-shopper, christians, and I used to be as well.

Bash my post, can't wait. I love Israel, a couple of my friends have gone on the birthright trip, the people rock, the country rocks, the government and it's influence on U.S. foreign policy and political leaders (and political embarrassments such as SP) is confusing and upsetting.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe she thinks it's the American flag.
Or maybe it's her way of promoting her trip to Israel.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, I believe that the pic is authentic.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

The Republican Jewish Coalition has pointed out that an Israeli flag is a fixture on the drapes in her office. "I think it speaks volumes that she keeps an Israeli flag on the wall of her office," the group's executive director, Matt Brooks, explained in an e-mail to Politico.com. "It clearly shows what's in her heart."

Why yes it does Mr. Brooks.

Also, why is Netanyahu taking a private meeting with Sarah Palin? Huh..........

Edit, please note the article I linked was published in 2008, so the flag has nothing to do with her recent trip.
edit on 17-3-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by semperfortis

But why do you have an israeli flag out singly?

Because christians are more loyal to Israel than they are to the United States. If I were wealthy enough I'd gladly buy each and every one of them a one-way ticket to their promised land but I'm betting Israel wouldn't have them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

America is the only country that matters

And we wonder why a lot of countries have nothing nice to say about us.

Just sayin....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That is not her offfice. Look behind her and you will see a guys arm on the desk. Clearly she is just visiting somebody else's office.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending her, just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
At this point, I wouldn't go as far as to say she's a traitor a micro flag is not treason according to the law.

My family is from Ireland ( happy St. Patrick's to all
) I have never had an Irish flag flying anywhere. Although to be entirely far I did have a little trinket a family picked up from a trip there that had the flag on it. But the fact remains she is neither Israeli nor Jewish, so..........

I understand some people are very well traveled and pick up little up little things from their travels, spoons, pens, maybe flags. But where is the rest of the collection?

Here is what having the flag (and only one, not part of collection or anything) says to me. She is either super panhandling for the potential Jewish vote or she is firmly and comfortably in the pocket of AIPAC, Israel, or some other Jewish organization. Being as she had the flag before her travels to Israel I don't think it was a souvenir, I think it is/was a statement.

I don't know what her motivation was, but I don't have random French, German, Iraqi, etc hanging around my office.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It can't be treason...The US is owned and fully controlled by Zionist Is-lie-al...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Saw this image on a freerepublic board. Need to know if its been debunked or what not.

www.freerepublic.com...

How in the world can can and American have another flag in their office, especially if it is a political office. Isn't that treason? Punishable by death.

please seek help or stay on schedule with your medication...or...open mike at the local comedy club might be right for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Saw this image on a freerepublic board. Need to know if its been debunked or what not.

www.freerepublic.com...

How in the world can can and American have another flag in their office, especially if it is a political office. Isn't that treason? Punishable by death.

Umm. there is an american flag there too. very large one as a matter of fact. look closer. I suspect she is a supporter of Israel......Thank God.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
well i stopped reading at the end of page 2. i find it interesting how many personal attacks the op has had for simply asking a question. this attitude is disgusting. the guy is allowed to ask a question, what is the matter with answering it instead of calling him names. now this makes me think you name callers are defending something by slapping him down or just need to grow up allot

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ya...

lets kill people..

because they have a foreign flag in their office..?

-Hides his Italian flag-

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join