It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two dead baby porpoises washed up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Just to let you know that there has just been two dead baby porpoises washed up on the East Anglian Coast today. Also a live Skate was flapping on the beach. It was put back and swam away. No storms or oil in our area.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Thanks, I understand maybe you think this may be significant, but I just thought I might let you know without sounding rude, that creatures wash up all the time in ones and twos like this. This is actually very very normal. Nothing strange here, and nothing to worry about.

It's how nature works.
No panic.

Take care, and happy St.Patricks day!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

No, sorry We know our beaches and one might wash up after a storm. It would be very rare indeed to have two, plus other assorted fish. This is a seal santuary. Old fishermen who live here have comented that the sea is different, like after a storm. The current is sucking back. You would have to know this stretch of coast to be able to see these differences.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

could this be the effects of the tsunami last week?

Now I know how ridiculous that sounds but these events do end up going around the world, even if it's a change in currents or even a slight changes in sea levels (temporarily). I read an interesting bit of info that new zealand had something like a 1m wave that arrived something like 52 hours after the initial one hit them...

just a (uneducated) thought

e2a: if the old local boys who know the sea are mentioning it then I would take their word for it... I know a few old salty sea dogs down here in cornwall who have incredible local knowledge of the bit of coast im on
edit on 17-3-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

You could well be right. I have just had a meeting about this and apparantly the little bodies were completly battered as if they had been dashed on very sharp rocks. As I said, no storms here for a while but it has been known to have deadly undercurrents that will swallow a fishing boat and never give it back. The tide was far out today exposing parts of the beach not often seen. There is going to be another beach walk tomorrow but hopefully nothing will be found. In case inlanders don't know about old fishermen. They can stand on a beach when there is not a cloud in the sky, breath of wind nor ripple on the water and tell you a storm is coming by the smell in the air. If they tell you one is coming, tie everthing down and run.

top topics

join