It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness Bible fundamentalists vs. The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I commend the Jehovah's Witnesses for doing what they believe they are supposed to do. Especially considering how they are treated with ignorance a lot of time. The guy in the video is a jackass.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I love the Swanson signature, and first time I heard of this (I suppose satirical) figure.
But the clip is too fast.
What does Swanson say on B.O. and Masons?
What does he say on entertaining female missionaries from other beliefs?
Definitely a MAN just after my taste.
Female missionaries at Swanson's door?
I guess he'll enjoy the view before he closes the door when the football starts, with the handy remark: "Get a REAL job ladies".

Ahh yes, Barack Obama, the biggest mistake in america. As far as the Masons, if they are mortal, then I have nothing to worry about.

Yes they need to get a real job and stop complaining about how they are treated differently when in fact they are not treated differently. There are some things that a man can do better that a woman cannot, and vice versa.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I commend the Jehovah's Witnesses for doing what they believe they are supposed to do. Especially considering how they are treated with ignorance a lot of time. The guy in the video is a jackass.

I agree...as far as religions go, i think the JW's have it going on.

1. Neutral in politics.....check

2. Will not go to war.....check

3.Refuses to play along with lies that the sheep follow, IE pagan holidays that deal with occult not bible (look it up, so many to list .)

4. Refuse blood transfusions....(google the alternatives too blood transfusions, its a win win situation)

5. more great reasons.....

The dude in OP vid is a condescending douche.....way to pick on a philippina who thinks she has found God. She wants to share her love of man... poor girl....but the dude in the video wants to destroy her.

Well good for you big man...you just made yourself look like a child....trying to destroy a sweet girls dreams....hope and faith. So whats wrong with her believing in something more than herself.....or other man.

Its like smacking down a child for offering you candy. As far as i am concerned religion bashing is not much different that nationalism....but the the difference is these people will bomb or hurt no one.... guarantied.

end rant....

Why not just let it be and see where the cards fall in the end.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The FSM is awesome!
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with His Noodly Appendage so that you may know His Loving Embrace.

The fact that you celebrate him in full pirate regalia is epic!
What do you wear when you go to your church?
Nice clothes? Boring!

FSM, winning!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The FSM is awesome!
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with His Noodly Appendage so that you may know His Loving Embrace.

Nice clothes? Boring!

FSM, winning!

You and your lack of acceptance smothered in delusions of grandeur should gather in Sheens corner.

Acceptance is a person's agreement to experience a situation, to follow a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) without attempting to change it, protest, or exit.
Acceptance as a concept appears in Eastern religious concepts such as Buddhist mindfulness, and in human psychology. Religions and psychological treatments often suggest the path of acceptance when a situation is both disliked and unchangeable, or when change may be possible only at great cost or risk. Acceptance may imply only a lack of outward, behavioral attempts at possible change, but the word is also used more specifically for a felt or hypothesized cognitive or emotional state.

So keep judging...

how do you feel about Japanese since they are not drinking tiger-blood and earthquakes are for trolls?
edit on 17-3-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

What in the world are you talking about? Acceptance of what?

I'm stating an opinion that I think the FSM and it's whole made up religion is epic. And you start rambling about acceptance, charlie sheen and tigersblood.

Are you high or something? Maybe you should lay off the tigersblood.

edit on 17-3-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I'm with you bud, who wouldn't prefer pirate costume!
Thanks OP for the vid, make me chuckle

Also, don't you mean the blood from the gallbladder of a snake to keep you awake? Tiger blood is just weird!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The FSM is awesome!

Nice clothes? Boring!

FSM, winning!

Quoted for wanting to emulate Charlie Sheen.
Dont play dumb with me son you will only dig yourself deeper
edit on 17-3-2011 by The Great Day because: put some bold on your Sheenism

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't need to emulate Charlie Sheen son.

I'm my own person with sufficient enough character that I don't need to imitate anyone, much less charlie sheen.

Why don't you come out and say what you really want to say.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I feel the need to emulate Charlie Sheen son.

well at least you admit it...

Just go back to my posts, then see how big you feel about bashing these genuine loving people....who by the way have no belief in a FSM...

but if they did? does that make you better?
edit on 17-3-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You sir are a dishonest to say the least.
Altering my post in a quote to bash me and further your agenda is rude and disrespectful.
You dishonor yourself and those you try to defend.

You should change your name to The Great Liar.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You sir are a dishonest to say the least.
Altering my post in a quote to bash me and further your agenda is rude and disrespectful.
You dishonor yourself and those you try to defend.

You should change your name to The Great Liar.

Ha ha i just out trolled you...but you refuse to ACCEPT my message.

Hacking on people with faith is weak.

Live your life and judge others not.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You mean that whole rambling diatribe with no meaning was a message?
Dude if that's how you try to communicate your beliefs. I think you've been wasting your time.

I suggest you, step back, take a day and attempt to form a lucid, intelligent and well thought-out explanation about how your religion is better than everyon elses religion.

You are sitting there and patting yourself on the back on how good of a troll you are. I'm not impressed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What kills me about door to door religion is that it's so often an all or nothing venture.

Here's my analogy:

I come to your door to bring you to the knowledge of how awesome Mexican food is. You reply, "No thanks, I like Chinese food, I don't need your Mexican food."

Most of these folks would whip out a burrito and try to shove it down your throat.

If it were me, I'd say, "Great for you. Chinese food uses peppers, right? Tell me about your peppers." After you shared why your peppers were the bomb I'd share why Mexican food peppers rock, and probably we would agree that while our foods are different, the peppers in both add similar value to our respective foods. Maybe it would grow into a discussion of the merits of salsa from there...maybe not.

But in the end, two people who view the world differently could share values with one another. Both would have respect for the other, and both would have their personal beliefs in peppers reinforced.

Why is it so hard for people to relate to each other as human, and not part of Herd A or Herd B?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You mean that whole rambling diatribe with no meaning was a message?
Dude if that's how you try to communicate your beliefs. I think you've been wasting your time.

I suggest you, step back, take a day and attempt to form a lucid, intelligent and well thought-out explanation about how your religion is better than everyon elses religion.

You are sitting there and patting yourself on the back on how good of a troll you are. I'm not impressed.

Wow. But i thought you enjoyed watching a rambling idiot attacking the Jehovah's Witnesses? It's not so nice when the tables are turned?

The guy in the youtube video.. He was sitting there afterwards patting himself on the back thinking about how good a troll he was, so were you when you took delight at a person unnecessarily attacking someones faith.

I'm not impressed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

.....haha! wouldn't that be a perfect T-Shirt? We've all seen the ol "who's your daddy"? but what about "wheres your invisible sky daddy"?.....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Those women go door to door promoting their religion and telling you your gonna burn in hell if you don't listen to what they sat... their ignorant. And if the want to go around with that kind of message they have to back it up! S&F loved this thread!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Those women go door to door promoting their religion and telling you your gonna burn in hell if you don't listen to what they sat... their ignorant. And if the want to go around with that kind of message they have to back it up! S&F loved this thread!

Wrong. Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT tell anyone they are going to burn in hell. They do not believe that hell is a litteral place. You are judging them from ignorance.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Wrong. Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT tell anyone they are going to burn in hell. They do not believe that hell is a litteral place. You are judging them from ignorance.

This is one person who didn't even take the time to hear the message and write it off as bull... you're right. JW's believe neither that the obedient sheeple can go to hell OR heaven. For the majority of faithfull followers they expect a life on this very earth changed into whatever the garden of eden was.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
At the end when he said "believe in the flying spaghetti monster Ramen" I laughed so hard! "Ramen" That one was EPIC.

You have to wonder why religious people try so hard? I studied with the JW's way back when and the guy who was teaching it to us was in it BIG time. His whole family was huge into it. Bible studies almost every day of the week after a hard days work. Traveling everywhere on their dimes to inform everyone of the JW's. Now the guy is divorced and Doesn't believe in it at all anymore. Hmmmm What made him change?

I personally find all religions to be corrupt. If man wrote it, then man has an agenda with it! Look around at all the churches that have gold and idols and fancy garbs. What the hell does god need money for? How much does religion influence people, and governments, and wars?

Can't we all just agree on a few things? Like being true to ourselves, and being nice to each other.

I also believe in a few of the JW's rules, like not accepting blood and not going to war to kill others. If it came down to me and mine or death though, I'd choose me and mine every time.

If there is a god out there, I sure wish he would show himself already. Cause believing blindly is like having an invisible friend. Last time I checked if I start talking to an invisible friend all the time, then someones gonna get me committed!

RAMEN

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join