It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness Bible fundamentalists vs. The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This clip is very interesting
The atheist (Pastafarian?) arguing and filming the encounter claims the Bible condones slavery, has divergent views on "thou shalt not kill/murder", commands the killing of homosexuals, unbelievers and rebellious sons and some other issues.
What concerns me is that he treats the deity of the Old and New Testaments as a singular being with a singular outlook.
Didn't Jesus change all those intolerant laws?

I suppose he doesn't really believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
It's just an analogy to show how nobody can prove or disprove any claim made about an invisible being.
Or are there real Pastafarians who believe you burn in hot pasta sauce for eternity if you do not accept this monster?
In some parts of the globe I think this a dangerous argumentation, and Pastafarianism may become a new religion.
Well, here's the clip:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I feel for that Asian lady, because it seems they send her ahead as disarming bait.
(Is she "flirty fishing" - as David Berg put it when women are used by religion to interest potential converts?)
I think it really touched her, when he mentioned slavery, because clearly this is what these women are (slaves), and they have the audacity to push an enslaving form of religion on other people.
Is that too harsh?
I first felt the guy with camera was quite harsh and nasty.
But, when people are mind-controlled by a church, is that not also harsh and nasty?
I think they go door to door hoping to ensnare people, and ultimately the women had the audacity to bother this man with complete nonsense.

I think religion uses sexuality subconsciously all the time to sell their concepts.
It doesn't always work, but a lonely guy looking for a date may well enjoy the attention, and get more than he bargained for.
As a gay man I've noticed it from several religious groups (before I told them I was gay).
Considering gender, I wonder how this encounter for example, might have played out with men.
edit on 17-3-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
LMAO!!...totally just spit coffee on the computer screen at "wheres your invisible sky daddy"?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hahaha awesome. I've had those people knocking at my door and asked similar questions. The result was the same: they get annoyed and will reply to anything saying: "well, if that's what YOU really think....".

I think they keep a list of where to knock and where not to knock on a door. Haven't seen them at my door again...

Next time I'll tape it too.

Awesome! S+F!
edit on 17-3-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
....living in the "Bible Belt" ive had my share of these moments myself.....i found that hanging an American flag or having a beer in my hand usually results in them driving past and knocking on the neighbors house.

I did however envite them in once.....um that went well LOL!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A flying spaghetti monster no one agrees on, but God has signs therefore the comparison is childish and irrelevant.

Click my signature.
edit on 17-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I feel for that Asian lady, because it seems they send her ahead as disarming bait.

I feel for her too, u can see her repeatedly look towards her colleague at the beginning of the video in obvious search for support as she stumbles for the right words to say......meanwhile the other women just stands there and doesn't speak until she gets defensive and we can see where that got her....
edit on 17-3-2011 by rinowilli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

LOL!! Good ol Swanson!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I pray those witnesses because of their blind faith, that they will one be brought into the true of light our creator.
Forgive them father for they know not what they do.
Equally I pray for the man who attempts to belittle the ignorant, that he may one day use his knowledge to assist those those that truly wish to serve, and imitate our creator.

Understanding is like common sense... It is not very common.

No one wins in this struggle unless we attempt to continue to strive for the ultimate truth... Which is love.
Love incorporates all.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
mathew 24:14 and this good news shall be preached to all people acros the world, and then the end will come.

sorry for any inacuracies, i translated it from the head. point is that jw's are in fact implementing this prophecy. how are they getting along withthis work? there are almost no people who havent encountered them or heard of them and their message. whatever you think of them, you gotta respect their efforts. in a little over a hundred years from the founding of this stream of bible researchers they grew to a tightknit community of over 7million spread across the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I feel for that Asian lady, because it seems they send her ahead as disarming bait. I feel for her too, u can see her repeatedly look towards her colleague at the beginning of the video in obvious search for support as she stumbles for the right words to say......meanwhile the other women just stands there and doesn't speak until she gets defensive and we can see where that got her....

So true, and I would have asked them about the meaning of 1 Timothy 2:11-12
Biblically women shouldn't even be doing this with male punters.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I'd tell them to send some sexy men, with those sleeveless jerseys over their shirts, and cropped hair.
Then I'll talk forever.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

The only reason the asian woman was nervous was cause there's a cam in her face, I used to do the same things going by doors... have never had a cam put in my face, if you're the shy type (the asian one) you'll respond like that, Its quite hard ringing a doorbell and start talking about something most people barf over... Also doing "fieldservice" as it is called is always a 2 man show and they take turns. Unless there is an inexperienced witness with limited knowledge needing backup as in intel and scriptures, the 2nd person who's turn it is NOT will keep quiet.

And the asian is used as bait? Are you kidding me? An average mall shows more cleavage and prettier girls to!!!

Originally posted by halfoldman

So true, and I would have asked them about the meaning of 1 Timothy 2:11-12
Biblically women shouldn't even be doing this with male punters.

This scripture's base is the story of Eve seducing Adam. In that sight it deals with the consuquences of Eve's actions for women. If the person in the vid had done his homework he'd also know the extensive directions given in the bible as to how one should treat his wife and women in general. The overall theme is one of the utmost respect and love, "As if she is your own body"
edit on 17/3/2011 by faceoff85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
And those are the people that will kill themselves and you when you take away their dreams.

There is quickly coming a day that religion will die... all of the world will shutter as they draw their last breath.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I love the Swanson signature, and first time I heard of this (I suppose satirical) figure.
But the clip is too fast.
What does Swanson say on B.O. and Masons?
What does he say on entertaining female missionaries from other beliefs?
Definitely a MAN just after my taste.
Female missionaries at Swanson's door?
I guess he'll enjoy the view before he closes the door when the football starts, with the handy remark: "Get a REAL job ladies".

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
And those are the people that will kill themselves and you when you take away their dreams.

There is quickly coming a day that religion will die... all of the world will shutter as they draw their last breath.

The great tribulation? What you just mentioned is the VERY thing JW's are waiting for... its the final prophecy before Harmageddon. When that day comes, TPTB will save the true religion for last. Why? Because the true religion wich caries YHWH's aproval will not meddle with wars and politics, making them the smallest threat able to be saved for last.

edit on 17/3/2011 by faceoff85 because: details

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rinowilli
LMAO!!...totally just spit coffee on the computer screen at "wheres your invisible sky daddy"?

NO, NO, NOooooo.....I just totally spit REDBULL out laughing at your your comment
"just spit coffee on the computer screen at "wheres your invisible sky daddy"?
That was mad funny!...hahahaha

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Just tagging, busy now...want to come back to see if yet another JW/bible bashing thread goes anywhere....

probably not.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Everyone lets be honest. This guy is a total a**hole. It's easy to throw out random irrelevant questions in rapid fire while shoving a camera down a persons throat. I can answer all of those questions logically in the comfort of my own chair in my own time, but put under that pressure even the greatest debater would have cracked and found it hard to propose a proper rebuttal. How about in future this guy picks on someone who actually is doing harm in this world.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
Everyone lets be honest. This guy is a total a**hole. It's easy to throw out random irrelevant questions in rapid fire while shoving a camera down a persons throat. I can answer all of those questions logically in the comfort of my own chair in my own time, but put under that pressure even the greatest debater would have cracked and found it hard to propose a proper rebuttal. How about in future this guy picks on someone who actually is doing harm in this world.

To add to that, he is actually debating the words used in a book written in a different language... If he'd really want to achieve anything other then trying to make a fool of 2 earnesthearted women, he should have gone back to the roots. King James version and almost ALL other bibleversions dont even use the original tetragramaton cause of some smuck deciding god's name is to holy.... Uhmm,... wasn't god responsible for his name showing in the bible oiver 7000 times? The bibleversions he is using are at least WRONG. unless a bible at least uses god's name as it was in the originals its not even worth checking if its accurate on other accounts...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join