It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tight grip of duality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Dualist view is a created view,
Like a snowball it grows,
Each time it is seen it becomes re-enacted,
This is what keeps the ball rolling.
But when it’s known just to be a view,
The snow melts for the observer,
As does the observer too.
Its momentum is lost and it comes to a grinding halt,
Right at the bottom of the mountain.
Like the sand falling through the time glass,
Its reality runs out.
The question is; are you the one who keeps turning it around?
So it may continue its never ending journey.
Eliberocelta. 2011

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I always say the same thing to this: sure there are extremes, but there's the whole spectrum between the poles.

So in a way, duality exists, but there's everything between.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

ether you were to cryptic or im to shallow because i dont under stand that post

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar

ether you were to cryptic or im to shallow because i dont under stand that post
[/quote
I am more than likely too cryptic, but it doesnt mean your too shallow just your mind doesnt like the way I am saying what I am saying. So that cool also

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

what are you trying to say?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

I'd venture to guess that he means this illusion we are currently living in, the one of us as separate beings with finite qualities in a sea of time, this maya is laid bare within the non-framework-able perspective that is unity consciousness.

but that just a guess

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar

what are you trying to say?

there are so many ways of saying the same thing, last person gave a great rundown. Here it is in a nutshell, Humans have a mind and its like a blackboard, ideas and thoughts are like the chalk. Eventually we believe them to be real and instead of living life as a unity we live it as a duality. Duality means to judge something by comparing it with something else using your mind. All of this implies a created duality in our mind.
hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I often wonder about the values we assign objects and events. Dark and Light, Good and Bad etc. Going back to the 'non-dual self' seems like the aim and the all, yet it also feels like where we started.
Duality exists to experience the entirety of being and consciousness at varying levels of intensity. I assume being in a physical body with a linear mind (as the current default(?)), I ought to grow being and consciousness in a linear/progressive fashion. The non-self seems like an infinite reference and guide to the reality of the self.
We are like a parent walking its children through the garden. Note that I say children and not child. As we are now, we are the dual self, if not a trinity. Infinity is more than a two way street yeah?
Our experience is only limited by our perception and imagination, but progress is only made for the One.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
what i got out of the OP was a statement about the appearance of a vicious cycle. we see time expiring with the last grain falling through and are compelled through our own selfish need to be individuals to flip the hourglass back over and start the cycle all over again. the question then is are we the ones that actually do the flipping of the glass, or is it the "glass" which flips itself? in essence we create our reality through observation. the act of observation can also be looked at as the glass or our reality trying to observe itself. we are part of the hourglass system, but at the same time we are the hourglass system (if you follow what i am trying to say). this last bit follows the unity consciouness bit to an extent.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fragment

Infinity is more than a two way street yeah?
Our experience is only limited by our perception and imagination, but progress is only made for the One.

Good point about the two way street! More like a multi level freeway, I just felt that the way things are "apparently" out at the moment the simplest common denominator would be more beneficial. Thanks for sharing your view.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

I feel you are right, but in the same way an artist becomes part of his own creation and even the canvas itself. Every moment we are doing this, but at the end of the day its just a canvas. There is nothing wrong with it or nothing particularly right with it. It’s our belief that misleads us, not the creative process. Of course the question arises with Amadeus for instance; did he really create this music or was he simply an assistant?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

i would say he was an assistant. he gave the world what it wanted but his ego (his individual self paid the price for it). if my memory serves me correctly, jesus himself once told his apostles that "they would know what to say when the time came." i believe it is just that. when "our individual time comes" we will intuitively know via our deep connection with everything exactly what we need to do in order to fulfill our purpose for being a part of this reality, whether we "conciously" realize it or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
with out reflection , the mirror of the mind, there is nothing other then ones being
contained with in a timeless, boundless, being-ness

life is an illusion that is made real by the mirror of our senses and created by a mass conscious lucid dreaming

one is one
and 2 is 1

1 is two for a finite amount of possibilities
and 2 is 1

1and 2 are all one and the same no matter how the illusion of duality is split into a zillion fragmented parts of itself

It is I "self" that projects my own illusion of being separate from everything else

I am you and you are me and we are all "one" source "one being"

to be one with all is too smash that which creates the illusion

the mirror of my individual self.

"I am all that I am" infinite being-ness

I am even when I am not ...with out my individual reflection ..."I am" infinitely being...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

The question is; are you the one who keeps turning it around?
So it may continue its never ending journey. Eliberocelta. 2011

what happens when the all the individuals wake up ....when the mass illusion of itself is shattered

Hmmm ...ancientthunder..a big question on a grand scale

is it possible for the diving being to wake up from it's lucid dreaming

to be with out the divine illusion of life reflection it's self

God the divine being ( is ignorant of itself ) when it is being one

so how can one die ...when one has not been born

it is "I self" that wakes up and merges into oneness

as everyone returns to the original source

so there is no beginning and no end ...

do I know when I am not dreaming ?

do I know when i am not here ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Yes it’s a great question to ask, and the answer at the end of the day may be that we are not the ones turning the time glass. In the dream state we think it is us that make’s everything happen, but in the awakened state one knows this not to be true. Things appear to be happening, but when you are awake you know they are just dreams. So in fact nothing really dies only the belief that everything is real. The film will continue, opinions will flow just like this one, but they are known for what they really are and that is all. So all in all its more a case of miss interpretations.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
reply to post by xsheep

Yes it’s a great question to ask, and the answer at the end of the day may be that we are not the ones turning the time glass. In the dream state we think it is us that make’s everything happen, but in the awakened state one knows this not to be true. Things appear to be happening, but when you are awake you know they are just dreams. So in fact nothing really dies only the belief that everything is real. The film will continue, opinions will flow just like this one, but they are known for what they really are and that is all. So all in all its more a case of miss interpretations.

Hi Ancientthunder thank you for answering are you saying that free will is the greatest of our illusion that every choice is the choice that was meant to be taken no matter which way is decided upon.

and then again out of the illusion of choice comes judgement.

so might one say that the religious god of judgement can only exist within the realms of the duality illusion
and is indeed "not" the divine being the one true supreme intelligence that contains everything with in itself .
the "whole" known as... the holy ghost ???

also do you find that the judgemental god spoken of in many religions is a creations of mans split mind an illusion-al (reflection) that has lead man away from the divine truth of his being ....by leading man to worship the false idol of himself ???

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Is the OP stating that consciousness is metaphysical in nature? Or is the poem grounded in that presumption?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Me and the world makes two. It has to look like this otherwise nothing would be seen or experienced. This is duality, but it only appears this way.
Without me ( i am) nothing can exist. 'I' is the space in which all things appear. 'I' is experience itself.
The space around everything unites all things. If you put your focus on things, objects, that is all that is seen, a thing seen by a thing, again that is two. If the focus is softened to include the space that contains all things, put space around everything. All objects including thoughts and feelings, the body and the world are experiences. You ( the I) is the flat screen receiver of all experiences, but what you are is not an experience.
However, no experience can happen without you, it is all relative as Einstein said - that is; relative to you always.
The 'normal' way the world is viewed is that 'I' appear in the world. This enforces the idea of separation, me and the world, duality.
The truth is, the world appears in me.
I am the world.
I am that.

Check out Peter Brown, he is a great experience.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-3-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

Originally posted by ancientthunder
reply to post by xsheep

Hi Ancientthunder thank you for answering are you saying that free will is the greatest of our illusion that every choice is the choice that was meant to be taken no matter which way is decided upon.

so might one say that the religious god of judgement can only exist within the realms of the duality illusion
and is indeed "not" the divine being the one true supreme intelligence that contains everything with in itself .
the "whole" known as... the holy ghost ???

also do you find that the judgemental god spoken of in many religions is a creations of mans split mind an illusion-al (reflection) that has lead man away from the divine truth of his being ....by leading man to worship the false idol of himself ???

I agree with you with regards "the free will" its an illusion, but see that there are billions of choices that are possible. For instance there is one moon, but if there are 10000 people around a lake there will be 10000 pathways to the moon. You could see one and I another,imagine in an atempt to trick fate(play the free will card) I jump on your pathway to the moon I will still appear to get there. But at the end of the day or night the pathways are all there and you can step on any of them.

and then again out of the illusion of choice comes judgement.

the holy ghost point

Exactly judgement only exists whithin the framework of duality, There is room for duality within the holy ghost but the holy ghost doesnt experience it that way. For the holy ghost is complete and utter oneness.

human mind split

yes I agree, mans mind is split by nature and thats why we were given the wise words of know thy self. This self is much more than mans/womans mind, its like comparing a drop of water with all of the oceans.Nice sharing with you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join