It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle School PSSA Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

My son's school is completely absorbed in preparing the students for the PSSA tests. I have asked around and researched this on the web, but i havenn't found the answer to this question.

Are there any circumstances or loop holes that would allow the school to not include a particular childs score in with the rest of scores? Such as: failing a certain number of classes, missing a certain number of days, major behavior problems, referral to outside agencies....

Any other information pertaining to the PSSA's would be great.

Also, this is my first thread, any constuctive criticism is welcomed. Not really sure if is this will even be considered "thread worthey", but it is something i have been wondering for a long time, and is very important to me. I have a feeling some of you guys will be able to help me.

Thanks

edit on 17-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: changed title

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I can't believe all I got was one responce. LOL, I never even got to read it!! O-well, I really thought a teacher or school offical would chime in here and give me some insight.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

My son's school is completely absorbed in preparing the students for the PSSA tests. I have asked around and researched this on the web, but i havenn't found the answer to this question.

Are there any circumstances or loop holes that would allow the school to not include a particular childs score in with the rest of scores? Such as: failing a certain number of classes, missing a certain number of days, major behavior problems, referral to outside agencies....

Any other information pertaining to the PSSA's would be great.

Also, this is my first thread, any constuctive criticism is welcomed. Not really sure if is this will even be considered "thread worthey", but it is something i have been wondering for a long time, and is very important to me. I have a feeling some of you guys will be able to help me.

Thanks

edit on 17-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: changed title

You didn't even explain why you wanted to know, so there is no interest in the topic.

I'll Bite. I assume you presume that the schools themselves can make test scores just outright disappear -- like a child never existed.

And I'm sure it could be done.... who is really cross checking the tests vs the students in the classrooms beside the teacher in the class room at the time. Wouldn't it be as easy to say he was "absent" in my class that day? Everyone would assume the kid just skipped school on exam day....

Sure it could happen, but why do you suspect it happening? If you spent more time developing your thread you might get more of a response in the future.... I'm sure most people are like "wth is he on about" when they read your informationless topic.

Hope I helped....
edit on 29-3-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Ok, thanks, I'll take that advice.

No. I'm not asking if they can make a kids scores disappear. I want to know if their are any circumstances that permit them to completely exclude a child's scores???

My son is in 8th grade. This is his 4th year of middle school, and the 3rd year in a row they have sent us to the local magistrate for unexcused absences. The first 2 times he missed 19 days, and 16 days. This year he's only missed 9. The reason I think this is strange is, I know a few people who have kids that have missed as many or MORE days than my son, and they weren't taken to court. My son is in all regular class's with learning a support teacher. He gets decent grades (B's and C's and an occasional D), and has only had detention twice. He gets terrible PSSA scores, really bad.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
OWell, That info won't really do me any good now anyway. We go to court today

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

In court today, the judge was on my side. He commended my son on his improvements. He basicly said in not so many words it seemed like a waste of his time. The hearing was continued untill the first week of june.

new topics

top topics

join