It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-It Notes, Bigfoot, And Spirits Oh My! *Must See Artwork*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This guy finally made it to some if the NOT so msm outlets for his fabulous artwork!

Luckily I caught the link earlier today and was in awe. I know my fellow ATSer's love creativity, and these contained a lot of that with a heaping helping of spooky mixed with oddness.

This guy draws these "Monster" pictures on post-it notes!

The finest details were not left out despite the size of his canvas. It is amazing...

Don Kenn Gallery

Born in Denmark 1978. I write and direct television shows for kids. I have a set of twins and not much time for anything. But when i have time i draw monsterdrawings on post-it notes... it is a little window into a different world, made on office supplies.

I couldn't help but notice the gas masks used in this picture. That alone boosted it's creepiness factor.
It seems that several different animals and/or beings are represented here.

Who would like to run into this big boy? One infamous line can describe this picture very well...

"We're going to need a bigger boat!"

Surely everyone here can spot our good friend bigfoot represented on this post-it.
Only this one is much, much, larger!

Did Nessie make it to the post-it hall of fame? This is one huge sea monster on one small piece of yellow paper.

I spy Stonehenge with my little eye! These creepy beasties still yet look like bigfoot IMO. I can't help but think this artist may love a few conspiracies himself. There are odd things thrown into his drawings from time to time.

This is one spooky portrayal of what seems to be a fairy of sorts.
Hopefully he isn't supposed to be a tooth fairy...

This one brought a "War Of The Worlds" theme to mind. Water aliens (?) invading...
And yes. I am using my imagination. Hopefully you are too!

Feed me Seymour! Talk about Little Shop Of Horrors... These plants seem to have an alien/otherwordly look to them just like his other work.

This one could cause creepy thoughts for sure. It is eerie by any standard.

How would you like to take these out for a walk everyday?

Fear the Reaper? Or Reapers? That could never be a good sight to see.

Atleast one of the "things" in this picture looks like an alien grey (or atleast how they are generally portayed. The rest walk the line between alien, cryptozoology creatures, or a mix of the two. I find it amazing that he can put so much detail onto such a small canvas!

The hills really do have eyes here!

Reason #4,621 NOT to go camping way out in the wilderness!

There are a ton more images here besides what I posted already.

johnkenn.blogspot.com...

This guy has some talent for sure! Whether these are interpretations of things he has seen, things he thinks exists, or just a bit of "monster" drawing fun... He is gifted. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did!

If you take the time to study the details, you will find that he is immaculate in his work.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Hahaha Brilliant, I liked the commentary as much as the images!

Good post !!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Thanks.

The later it gets, the sillier I get sometimes.
I figure it makes it a little more interesting on occasion.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
These are great I love the attention to detail and thanks for link I'll be sure to check them all out.

Great thread
edit on 17-3-2011 by bigern because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by badw0lf

Thanks.

The later it gets, the sillier I get sometimes.
I figure it makes it a little more interesting on occasion.

I like you as silly! Much fun to read!!
)

me otoh, the sillier I get, the more I get U2U's from mods notifying me of removed posts.. lol

Let's stick with you !! 8]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

You are more than welcome.
I am glad others are enjoying them as much as I did. Thanks for replying!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The U2's from mods are no fun to get.

BTW, your new avatar is hilarous. It took me a second to realize who you were since you changed it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I just now noticed that I forgot to include the link to the actual news article. I will post it here since the time limit for me to edit my op is over. Sorry about that.

www.odditycentral.com...

John Kenn Mortensen is a Danish artist who uses the common post-it as canvas for his mysterious and scary artworks.

While other modern artists search for ever larger canvases to express their artistic talents, Mortensen lets his imagination run wild on the tiny sheets of paper we know as post-its. Most of us use them as reminders around the office, but the Dane sees post-its as tiny canvases that allow him to quickly render the creepy products of him imagination, and get them off his mind, so he doesn’t stress himself to them over them.

A professional character animator by trade, John Kenn Mortensen says he has always enjoyed drawing, but his recent ghoulish post-it artworks are inspired by the works of Stephen King and H.P. Lovercraft. Although he didn’t expect any type of response, John Kenn admits he’s pleased so many people enjoy his work.

Check the artist’s blog for his latest post-it creations.

The link to his blog is what I posted in my OP.

join