It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP O` THE MORNING' ATSers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
To all of you who are Irish or who wish they were, ot just pretend to be on this Saint Patrick`s day, Happy Paddy`s Day. Even Jesus was called Jesus Murphy by some.

Do any of you who are of Irish descent no matter how far down the line you might be, still identify with the Irish culture? If so, tell us how?

In my case both my parents were American, but my mother was adopted by an Irish couple and we learned the songs, some of the lore and superstitions and knew lots of Irish people. So even though I don`t have Irish blood in me, there`s something in my soul that says surely I must have a wee bit.

I`ve never been to Ireland, but would sure love to visit there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am american first and foremost! I am 75% irish/scottish(ulster i believe) and 25% blackfoot native american. Either way I am kinda screwed lol! I love my heritege and wouldn't trade it to be black/jew and nazi lmao! I figure the blood line that i have should make me a funny/smart/cunning/fighter of oppression(scottish), Funny/smartas$/easy to pis$ off(irish), humble/instinctive to mother nature/a warlock with tiger blood/ fighter of the established white races(blackfoot). All of these stereotypes lumped into one person makes one helluva sexy,funny, as$ kickin, smart, intuitive, beast of a man!!!!!!! I like me and nobody can change that. BTW don't touch me lucky charms is the same as saying don't tread on me in gaelic LMAO

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Irish ? I thought all of those bog Irish convicts were sent to Australia 100 years ago . I heard of a man who was half Irish and half Scot . On St. Paddys day half of him wanted a drink and the other half was too cheap to buy one . How do you circumsize an Irishman ? Nail his foreskin to the floor and play a jig .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Me grandpappy was Irish.
Every year i always took StPats day off to cook my carnbeef cabbage and potatoes.
Retired now so i wont be taking the day off, but i will still be cooking.
It is the only holiday i actively look to celebrate and one of the very few days of the year i drink.
I'm not even truly sure of the true full origin of the day but i just use it as my Irish people appreciation day!
Hmmmmm, maybe I could do this with all countries. naww i can't afford the alcohol.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Are we drunk yet?

If you answer "no" - TRY HARDER! YOU ARE LETTING MY CULTURE DOWN!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Lord, tunderin jaysus boy, it`s only four in the marnin where I am.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

The Official Erin handbook clearly states that sober happens between 9 am and noon.

On Sunday.

Erin go bragh and Happy St Paddy's

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Im from a large Irish background, My father and his family all come from there, I lived there also for a good few years,

I was born in the UK but my brothers where all born in Ireland,

So yep today we will be having a glass of the black stuff
And sunday heading to the parade in London,

edit on 17-3-2011 by asala because: Spelling monster got me

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Happy St. Patricks day all. I am at this very moment, you will be glad to hear, sitting with a pint of the black stuff in front of me
The first of many I hope! Going to be a good day, and with the way this country has been for the last couple of years I think it is going to be a well-deserved day off for a lot of people. Anyway, back to me pint and I'll worry about having to work tomorrow in a few hours time!... Have a good one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Haha. Utterly hilariious!

Guess where la photo du jour is?

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I love Celtic Woman! Thanks for the video. Enjoy the day! Here`s another wonderful voice, kind of sentimental song but nice, I think.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

The black stuff, is it now? Well here`s a drinking song for ye. Mud in yer eye! Enjoy your day!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Enjoy yourself today, (Charlie?)..um Agent Blue

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You`ve given me an appetite. I wish I could taste my grandmother`s potato cakes!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hah, I'm half Thai and half Irish. I tell people that I'm "Thai-rish."

What a combo.
Let the festivities begin!

new topics

top topics

join