It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the landslide of this screaming, laughing rain... I join you all on the roads to madness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you.
I will chew it up and leave,
I will work to elevate you
just enough to bring you down.

Tool - Sober

I could tell you all about myself in this, my unceremonious introduction. With words I could paint quite the interesting portrait. The material is quite interesting, if I may be so bold as to say. But this is not the time or the place for such tales. In these halls of paranoia and secrets, I shall wear my mask. But, please, do not think me rude or menacing due to my aversion of being seen in the light. I bear you no ill will, dear people of Abovetopsecret.com. In fact I pledge to you that no untruth shall issue from me during my stay here. Lies are such little and grotesque things. I have no taste for them.

Suffice it to say that I am probably a lot like you. I am a seeker. I have lurked for a long time and I have seen mirror images and familiar shadows here. My eyes have shown me shared truths. I am disenfranchised. I am sometimes lost. The news leaves me empty and aghast, longing for a greater truth. A greater truth that, seemingly, forever eludes me. Yet still I search.

So, my friends, welcome me, shun me, take no notice at all. It matters not. I am here, among you, and I am watching. I am waiting for that magical day when I find the answer that brings this all into focus. Or at least some small piece of it.

For now, I shall leave you with the words of a genius, his 12th sonnet

When I do count the clock that tells the time,
And see the brave day sunk in hideous night;
When I behold the violet past prime,
And sable curls all silver'd o'er with white;
When lofty trees I see barren of leaves
Which erst from heat did canopy the herd,
And summer's green all girded up in sheaves
Borne on the bier with white and bristly beard,
Then of thy beauty do I question make,
That thou among the wastes of time must go,
Since sweets and beauties do themselves forsake
And die as fast as they see others grow;
And nothing 'gainst Time's scythe can make defence
Save breed, to brave him when he takes thee hence
source

edit on 3/17/11 by WrathShadow because: n00b mistake with formatting... forgive me

edit on 17/3/2011 by Sauron because: change internal tags to external ex tags

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

Well, then i will fire right back at you with your own ammo.
We here on ATS welcome you and say.....
I love you, You love me.
We're a happy family, with a great big hug
and a kiss from me to you.
Barney

Were no nutjobs, were the ones looking for a way above.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Uhm yea,,

Hi ,WrathShadow and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have caused a moderator to say "Uhm, yeah". Summon the scribes, my legend is already being forged into the stuff of ATS.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Lets just say the eye of Sauron is upon you

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Fair dinkum! I'm pretty sure I've got a hobbit with a ring around here somewhere. Or was it a wizard? I can't recall which. I'm not adverse to dressing up as an elf and breaking out a bow and arrow either. So it's all good.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Well thats a start! The only thing the moderators say to me is stick to the point of the thread and that thing you just said was entirely inappropriate....... They usually don't have much to say otherwise. I am a personal fan of longfellow(I also wish I had a name like that) Keat, tennyson and lord byron's poetry. the only thing you forgot to throw in your op was a parable to bring in the religious clan of ATSers. Good job of making me slow down and read your writing to digest exactly what you are trying to say and paint a mental image. BTW thanks for coming on board and making your presence known. The moderator's eye of sauron thing was funny as heck I guess i better get back to the shire quickly before i get burgled
edit on 17-3-2011 by agentblue because: forgot to say welcome

top topics

join