It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First hand story from Tokyo, Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yes, It's sad to say, even after reading threads on survival and such, my family was not prepared at all. This was really a wake up call, and we have been stocking up on supplies and have a bag filled with food and water as well as some other supplies. I think we've just been in this bubble where we feel safe and that nothing is going to happen to us. I think from now on, we will stay prepared just in case. I'm definitely going to order myself a gieger counter as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

It is easy to fall into a routine and just assume that the ground that you walk on will always be there.
It is hard to want to prepare for something that may never happen because, amoung other things, it costs money and time. Not to mention the looks and snide remarks you have to endure from family and friends.

I try to be prepared and have stocked up on essentials to the best of my ability.
I can only do so much without the support of my wife.
It gets hard trying to justify purchases that she and everyone else deem as frivolous.

I wanted to buy a Geiger Counter and Iodide pills over a year ago.
I didn't even bother trying to pull that one off because I knew it would be an uphill battle with her.
There is no way I would have been able to make a case that we needed to spend hard earned
money on a geiger counter and radiation pills.

Now????

Ohh she is freaking out. She wants me to buy a geiger counter and is calling everwhere trying to buy Iodide pills.
TOO LATE!!!!!!!
they are all on back order NOW!!!
I tried to explain to her that I wanted to prepare for this a long time ago but I didn't want to endure
the ridicule that would go along with it.
I made her promise never to resist my efforts of preparing for SHTF again.
She now sees the light.

I hope you do too.
The people who grace the survival forums are not nut jobs. They have alot to teach if you want to learn.
I thank God for the thiings I have learned just skimming through those forums.
I urge you and your familiy to take your survival more seriously this time around.
It will mean spending money on things you are just going to put in a closet and forget about.
Tough I know.
It will mean not having the money to go out with your friends because you spent it on canned food and Ramen noodles.
They WILL think you are crazy, even after what they have just gone thru.
Prepare, Prepare, Prepare!!!!

Please!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is good to hear some more positive reports from Japan. If you watch the mass media here in Canada, you get the impression that the entire nation of Japan was reduced to rubble.

<< 1   >>

join