It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: Mexican U.F.Os Are Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
July 20, 2004

Well, the analysis is done and the conclusion on the Mexico 11? It's not a fake. The Mexico 11 is a video showing a number of mysterious lights in the skies over eastern Mexico. One of the world's foremost videotape analysts lives in Phoenix and says what you see in the video tape are unidentified flying objects. Jim Dilettoso spent more than two weeks with the videotape. Dilettoso studied the tape "frame by frame" studying each orb to find what he calls the "absolute center." "So the first thing I did was to enhance the major passages of the video looking for any kind of structure because lights that bright, even on an infrared image, were going to, even for a fleeting moment, cast a light or make heat happen on some kind of structure," he said. "No evidence of structure at all."

john

www.para-normal.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow, I was actually about to post a question if anyone had heard any updates on the Mexican UFOs. Anymore, heard about the gas theory or from any other experts?

I was really intrigued by this part of the article: "I've been collecting data in this area for 38 years and I have never heard of anything like this that's related to ball lightning," said Robert Golka, a world-recognized expert on nuclear science and ball lightning. He said what's on the tape is not ball lightning.

and

"We have a number of frames where the light goes off, appears in another spot, moves, and then comes back and locks on again in the same place," he said. "This is happening while traveling at about 200 mph, while the plane is moving at about 200 mph and it's going on for over 30 minutes." Dilettoso analyzed every frame of the 30-minute tape. A computer model shows that the mysterious lights are three-dimensional, moving under their own or someone else's control, illuminated from the inside and like no other aircraft known to man.

This is amazing.... I wonder if there will be more in-depth analysis in this or will it just die away?

[edit on 21-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Jim Dilettoso one of the world's foremost videotape analysts? No way!

Royce Meyer (www.ufowatchdog.com) has shown that he has lied about professional and technical credentials. Reportedly used NASA letterhead with his name typed on it, never worked for NASA. Claimed to have worked on the movie 'Titanic', studio said "Never heard of him" and no credits are listed under his name for that movie.

I hate it when vultures move in on a good case. The analysis is not done. Dr. Bruce Maccabbe and other serious groups (apparently NARCAP is involved too) are doing the analysis. We still have to wait...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gzhpcu
Jim Dilettoso one of the world's foremost videotape analysts? No way!

...... he has lied about professional and technical credentials. ........
I hate it when vultures move in on a good case. The analysis is not done. Dr. Bruce Maccabbe and other serious groups (apparently NARCAP is involved too) are doing the analysis. We still have to wait...

Really? I guess I was just hoping that it was actually going somewhere.

Know of any place actually posting updates_?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thats a great video its amazing!!!!!!!!!
Strange how it wasnt visible to the human spectrum.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
JCMinJapan,
Here IMHO is a pretty good link with commentary and updates:

Royce Meyer on Mexican Ufo

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Glad to see an update on this, I was pretty excited myself after seeing the original news hit ATS
Shame that the "expert" has been proven to be a liar in the past though, that doesn't help matters

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
James McGaha, a retired U.S. Army Major and Astronomer says he believes they're internal system generated images (i.e. reflections or mirages).

He bases his analysis on 7 observations

1) They travel in a straight line
2) They are approximately the same altitude of the aircraft
3) They show no vertical motion
4) The move at constant velocity
5) Duplicated images occur
6) Distances are uniform in each formation
7) They are bright images that are out of focus

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
But what about them going behind the clouds?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos
But what about them going behind the clouds?

He doesn't discuss that specifically, but I see no reason why an internally generated infrared image couldn't go behind clouds. If it was an image from the visual spectrum then that would be different.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So the U.F.O.s from elsewhere are fake?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biggie
James McGaha, a retired U.S. Army Major and Astronomer says he believes they're internal system generated images (i.e. reflections or mirages).

He bases his analysis on 7 observations

1) They travel in a straight line
2) They are approximately the same altitude of the aircraft
3) They show no vertical motion
4) The move at constant velocity
5) Duplicated images occur
6) Distances are uniform in each formation
7) They are bright images that are out of focus

Got a link please? 1, 2and 4 don't really sound very convincing and I don't quite get the "out of focus" part if it is just an internal error: What does an "in focus" mirage look like? Good info though, I'd like to read more of what he had to say.

I thought I had read somewhere they actually were tracked earlier coming up from South America (kind of sketchy on that though).

top topics

join