It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide - Facts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I heard Miso soup is supposed to be great for Potassium Iodide. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, as it's made using kombu (dried kelp). Note the high number in kelp in an above post....

Nonfat Dry Milk 7
Sour Cream 7
Cottage Cheese 5
Kelp 1020 Notice how High Kelp Is?
Squid 39
Crab 33
Sole 24

edit on 17-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Cool thread!

I've had Kelp Iodine tablets in the Go bag for a few years now. Much safer than taking Potassium Iodide tablets, plus considerably cheaper. I would say these are still cheap regardless of panic buying. Plus you can take these every day if you have an existing thyroid condition.

I originally heard about them from a family member who has thyroid problems. and has to take these along with medication to keep his energy levels up!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Thanks what about the kelp? I am uncertain about pursuing iodide now!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
reply to post by tomten

Thanks what about the kelp? I am uncertain about pursuing iodide now!

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Kelp itself, but the fact you would have to consume a great deal to get the benefits of the concentrations needed for radiation exposure.

Now, if you would buy a liquid or extracted form of kelp Iodide then the amounts needed may be sufficient, but here is some good info I found that may shed some light on it.

Kelp as a Substitute for Potassium Iodide Pills

On average, 20 grams of kelp contain 415 mcg of iodine. For adults 18-40 (or adolescents reaching a weight of ~70 kg), 50-60 grams of kelp/day should act as a reasonable prophylactic protocol. Children need approximately half that amount. In adults over 40, I’ve read that prophylactic protocols do not recommend the standard adult dosage until thyroid radiation exposure reaches 500 cGy or greater. This is because the risk of cancer and hypothyroidism decreases as adults age. Since I intend to live to be at minimum 120 years old, I have every intention of ignoring this advice and taking the regular adult protocol.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is such a good thread. Thank you.

One of the most important things to do, during this time, is to focus on detoxing for heavy metals and basically the same things that work for candida or fungus also work for heavy metals.

The second thing, is to keep your immune high and take alot of antioxidants.

The only draw back to these ideas is that a lot of nano technology has been incorporated into our organic and into our alternative health products. I don't know this for sure in depth, it was something I read in a link recently, and realize its a whole other area of research that needs to be done. Ultimately drying foods and making your own would be best, but, that is not possible for everyone.

www.remm.nlm.gov...
sodium alginate
* A derivative of kelp used in the manufacture of ice cream.
* Oral alginates efficiently bind strontium in the gastrointestinal tract and prevent its absorption.
* The dose is 10 gm powder in a 30 cc vial; add water and drink.

This is a better alternative to the iodide, and it also detox's heavy metals and fungi.

Liquid Chlorophyl like is used in certs or some candies/breath fresheners is apparently good for binding things, but you don't want aspartame.

Garlic, large doses. You may lose your job but....Its also good at flushing the body and organs.

Oil of oregano.

calcium helps with preventing uptake of stronium-90
iron of Plutonium
Potassium of cesium-137
zinc and B12
Coriander, but I can't stand it. Seem to have a sensitivity to it and fennel.

And one of the very best things you do is use an Infared Sauna, like those portable tent cocoon ones, under 200 at ebay. Or make one from a second hand or cheap pup tent, there are instructions online. This is one of the best things for all illness, it detox's the system, and for candida, fungi and heavy metals.

For immune nothing beats 3-10 grams of C a day, powder.

3-4 1000 iu's D

There are other things and threads on alternative cancer cures that are worth looking into, ATS has quite a few good ones.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What the heck is "synthetic" iodine? Iodine is an element like gold, silver, hydrogen or sulfur. The only way to "synthesize" an element is to use a Superconducting Super Collider particle accelerator (very inefficient - only a few atoms are created at a time) or to be a successful alchemist (which historically do not exist).

Iodine is iodine, no matter how it is acquired or how it is used.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
What the heck is "synthetic" iodine? Iodine is an element like gold, silver, hydrogen or sulfur. The only way to "synthesize" an element is to use a Superconducting Super Collider particle accelerator (very inefficient - only a few atoms are created at a time) or to be a successful alchemist (which historically do not exist).

Iodine is iodine, no matter how it is acquired or how it is used.

Historically you are correct, but with the advent of large Pharma and patents that is not the case anymore. Povidone or Betadine. And technically it's not all Iodide, but people see the word Iodide and immediately think it's 100% iodide.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.betadine.com...

Thanks for pointing this concern out because many people will question this, if they are in the know.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
nom! i love kelp, and i was just thinking about making a kelp salad soon. Both kelp and beef liver were two of the things i use to crave when my thyroidal hormones are starting to unbalance and now I know why (i suffer of hypothyroidism) Thanks for the info, OP!, now i know that i need to visit my doctor every time i start to crave those two things!.
Other thing my body craves when this happen are sea urchins, that are barely pure iodine. A lot of sea fauna and flora haves tremendous ammounts of iodine, and can help to mantain your thyroid healthy if you have some kind of disease like mine and also in case of nuclear dissasters.
That's it, time to visit my doctor too!

- Cags

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Spirulina (blue green algae) works. A friend sent me an email link Apparently Spirulina and other seaweed and sea vegetables heal radiation poisoning. A Japanese doctor healed thousands with it after the two bombs were dropped on Japan during WWII. And Walmart has it, so I assume Walgreens does also, and probably most health food and supplement stores. Just thought I would share. I picked some up at walmart earlier today.

Also people over 40 would probably be better of taking this or kelp and other seaweeds then PI.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It is rare that I make a comment on these sites because we all know they are tracked but I need to tell you guys something no one is telling you. Potassium Iodide is an absurd thing for there to be a run on. If you want to run on something, run on bentonite clay. You know how they say they dumped “sand and cement” on chernobyl? Yea it was actually bentonite clay. It absorbs radiation from bones/blood/organs and chelates it from the body like nothing else. Yes it is edible. make three pea size balls of it with some water and swallow them through out the day for 3 days, then a three day break (otherwise constipation). Search for it. You want iodine? eat beet leaves, red clover tincture or tea, calendula petals, and apply a patch of providone iodine to your skin. Ya know your skin absorbs up to 60 percent of whats put on it. The ocean is done, stay away from kelp, fish etc.. Here’s a little math for you if you think this is hype.

It is estimated that Chernobyl released 100 megaCuries into the atmosphere TOTAL
10 tons of spent fuel rods equates to about 200 megacuries
www.fusor.net/board/view.php?bn=fusor_future&key=1076429299

Alot of disinfo says 60-70 tons of spent fuel rods at fukushima but this chart shows the true, most recent tonnage of spent fuel rods stored in freezing liquid pools of the roof of the Fukushima-Daiichi plant (ya know, the roof that blew up?)
www,nirs.org/reactorwatch/accidents/6-1_powerpoint.pdf

All the rods shown here were stored at Fukushima Sooo…If the figures to do the math are correct,
10 tons of rods = 200 mc
5 tons = 100 MC
1750tons =35,000 MC

In summary. According to the government Chernobyl put out 100 megaCuries of radiation and that explosion we saw on tv the other day (never mind the coming chain reaction of meltdowns) put out over THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND MEGACURIES of radiation into the atmosphere. This makes this disaster ALREADY 350 times worse than Chernobyl which says a couple things.
1. The governments are lying now
2. The governments were lying then
3. Governments ALWAYS LIE
Get some clay now and stop messing around with the toxic iodide.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by coddfish

To clarify that is CALCIUM Bentonite not sodium.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I'm curious as to how taking 130 mg of KI a day will kill you ? My own medical doctor recommends 130 mg a day for healthy thyroid function. He also said that the iodine in table salt is worthless for thyroid function. He said that it is not very easily absorbed by the body and that we need plenty of vitamin A for our thyroids to absorb iodine properly so he recommends a supplement so how will it kill you ?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

My post was like 28 MONTHS back, so I had to check. My point then and now holds that taking high doses of Potassium as a daily preventative (like vitamins) is less beneficial and possibly more harmful to just take them over and over...

As well, Ive understood in general sodium mixes with potasium to "fire" your heartbeat. Any imbalance in that, and one could have a medical emergency.

My late brother-in-law died when he ate 3 peanuts (that he wasnt supposed to because of high sodium levels) that had too much salt on them. Was a renal patient undergoing dialysis.

It was explained the sodium reaction with potassium could cause heart issues with renal patients. It did...he died.
Autopsy showed extremely high levels of both.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join