It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

In my town they have taken iodine/iodide off the shelves for "safety" reasons

page: 2
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
$31.50 for 90 pills at a friends health store...Here in Ohio...My brother just spent over a hundred on the internet in Cleveland...




posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by defenestrator
 


He's mocking the morons that are going to OD on Iodide and kill themselves.

Not the people in japan.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Wow..

Americans aren't stupid, why do you make comments like this? It isn't needed.


Because it isn't the Japanese running out and buying up all the iodide they can find. It's americans living on the other side of the planet. Not even Chernobyl spread radiation capable of causing the kind of health effects you'd need iodide for that far.



First of all let me add that 98% of Americans are not stocking up on Iodide the other 2% don't trust the media and are taking simple precautions. Your only about 5,000 miles away with winds heading our way.

also most Americans can't get iodide because we donated most of it to your country.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by defenestrator

Originally posted by Alina
I think more people would die from overdose than of (potential) radiation, It's not really something that should be taken lightly and I completely understand why it has been removed.

A little radiation never hurt anyone.




That's a pretty disgusting comment, considering current events. Please stop this sort of insensitivity toward the people who are sick in Japan now, and the victims this tragedy will claim in coming years, this is not the time for childish mocking. I don't know if you can overdose on KI, but I don't think it is fatal. You can overdose on anything, I suppose.


How is his/her comment disgusting? It is a fact that a little radiation does not hurt anyone - we are all exposed to radiation daily. It is a fact that unless this becomes or has become worst case scenario people are more likely to die from iodine overdose. Sensitive much? Deny ignorance and fear mongering.
edit on 17-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by defenestrator
 


You're right, I apologise.

My comment was more aimed at America where the radiation really isn't a threat considering how much of the radiation is airborne and the amount it will dissipate on it's way.

I genuinely think more people will die taking stupid measures and via panic than will die via radiation - At least in the US.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

First of all let me add that 98% of Americans are not stocking up on Iodide the other 2% don't trust the media and are taking simple precautions. Your only about 5,000 miles away with winds heading our way.

also most Americans can't get iodide because we donated most of it to your country.


I'm not suggesting that all americans are stupid.

I'm suggesting that a certain number of americans are very easily panicked, and that the media in the usa is doing their damndest to feed on that.

And in all seriousness, people are going to get hurt by that. People here at ATS posting hoax informaton and feeding rumours, and trying as hard as possible to overstate the danger are just as much to blame as the MSM.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330
 


This is a move by the Nuclear shareholders with trillions of dollars already good ole boyed and spent. They want to paint anyone with Potassium Iodide in their inventory as kooks and conspiracy nuts.

Sure there will be those who freak and begin popping the pills prematurely but that is to be expected. They will use this in conjunction with Codex.

Meantime the Nuclear community will start calling in radio programs and the Network stations acting like the intelligent citizens with a few whaco kooks thrown in to be cut off by the hosts and then conversations with the phony intelligent people laughing at the crazies.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think the sad part about the situation is that the Japan government has the population believing that everything is ok and that only a 20 mile radius is effected. It's also sad that the American government is blocking its citizens from buying iodide. If I was in charge in Japan I would have a 100 mile radius evacuated with free plane flights.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


I like the way you think... outside of the box



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
I think the sad part about the situation is that the Japan government has the population believing that everything is ok and that only a 20 mile radius is effected. It's also sad that the American government is blocking its citizens from buying iodide. If I was in charge in Japan I would have a 100 mile radius evacuated with free plane flights.


LOL. Yeah, you're right, everyone is lying.

go paint your ass with iodine. I'm done here. enjoy your panic. I'm going back to work.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

First of all let me add that 98% of Americans are not stocking up on Iodide the other 2% don't trust the media and are taking simple precautions. Your only about 5,000 miles away with winds heading our way.

also most Americans can't get iodide because we donated most of it to your country.


I'm not suggesting that all americans are stupid.

I'm suggesting that a certain number of americans are very easily panicked, and that the media in the usa is doing their damndest to feed on that.

And in all seriousness, people are going to get hurt by that. People here at ATS posting hoax informaton and feeding rumours, and trying as hard as possible to overstate the danger are just as much to blame as the MSM.





It seems like to me, that you feel like there is not that much of risk of radiation exposure. I will pray for ya, but if I was you judging on the current nuclear situation. I would play it safe, over half that country could be exposed in the days to come.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
I think the sad part about the situation is that the Japan government has the population believing that everything is ok and that only a 20 mile radius is effected. It's also sad that the American government is blocking its citizens from buying iodide. If I was in charge in Japan I would have a 100 mile radius evacuated with free plane flights.


LOL. Yeah, you're right, everyone is lying.

go paint your ass with iodine. I'm done here. enjoy your panic. I'm going back to work.


I tried that already, Its hard to come off and It gets on all the furniture

edit on 17-3-2011 by Deja`Vu because: quote



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If you want to up your levels, just drink a couple of glasses of red wine every day. There is a healthy level of iodine in red wine. Plus it tastes good, is a social pastime (in moderation) and makes you mellow.

I suppose that is why the French are the healthiest alcoholics in the world. LOL

I must admit, since moving to France and taking red wine in moderation, I seem to have more energy. Or maybe it is just the fresh air down here.

Additionally, I have just been told by a work mate here that grape juice can be just as good.
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442
 


I seriously doubt that. I would not go by what your local news stations are telling you about the numbers on death, it is typical for them to downplay it almost as if it is embarrassing.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
If you want to up your levels, just drink a couple of glasses of red wine every day. There is a healthy level of iodine in red wine. Plus it tastes good, is a social pastime (in moderation) and makes you mellow.

I suppose that is why the French are the healthiest alcoholics in the world. LOL

I must admit, since moving to France and taking red wine in moderation, I seem to have more energy. Or maybe it is just the fresh air down here.

Additionally, I have just been told by a work mate here that grape juice can be just as good.
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text


wine sounds like a good plan
, its probably also the quality air, food and environment over there, or maybe its just the beautiful french women



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu
 


I will agree with the women part, my wife is French.
Although I live near Toulouse, I am currently working near Munich in Germany and at the moment it is cold, wet and grey.

Still, the tanning levels and iodine levels in red wine and grape juice are certainly beneficial. Even my local doctor suggests drinking a couple of glasses a day.
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Cannot even spell the word French. Bad boy, naughty boy.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330
 


call me paranoid, but it seems they do not want people taking precautions against any radiation they may breathe in no matter how big or small the dose of radiation is.

it is opposite to the bird flu scare where they mass produced and made sure there was enough for everybody to get a does, because they were so concerned about us all, which all ended up being over nothing.

cue a real need for tablots in a crisis that is 100% real and instead they are taking them of the shelves and selling them for as much as possible, seems they are now unconcerned about peoples health.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
I sent my husband for some yesterday at Walgreens, and the
pharmacist said it's by prescription only.

that's weird, I posted the same thing
about needing a prescription to buy
on another thread last night and ATS user
"Mind Spin" called me a liar.
Maybe you should send him
your results by u2u so he'll
stop calling me a liar, thanks

edit on 3/17/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


No need----tell him to look up the Walgreen's on South Alliance Dr in Goose Creek, SC and ask them himself. He'll find out real quick. My husband got laughed at by the pharmacist and offered betadine. He laughed right back and told her she'd change her mind soon enough.



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join