It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS=equality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
First of all i'd just like to share that i'm 16, considerably younger than some other members on ATS. Off the computer this would a lot of times set considerable barriers, a lot of adults consider teenagers to be too young to take seriously in a conversation, a lot of adults don't take young adults or their opinions seriously solely based on their age.... Is this right? No, but it happens anyway. Thats something I think is cool about ATS, even though i'm 16 I can talk to people of all ages and everyone is equal... see what I mean?

I'm not saying all adults do that just some....

your thoughts?

Edit to add: Unless you that guy who said dolphins maybe harvested Atlantian/alien technology to destroy japan. I don't care what age you are thats just funny!....

Battle dolphins!!!!!!

Home grown terrorists!!!!!!

edit on 17-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't know just my opinion....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Of course you can sonny,just don't speak unless spoken too..

But your right..
Being anonymous means only your words count, nothing else.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Same here OP, 15 haha. Noone ever understands what I say anywhere I go, besides here. Its really great
Even though it can be frustrating, I love it.

I always hated how adults seem to discount anything we say, simply because we are young. Im much more learned in many fields than half the adults I meet, yet they have an air of superiority about them, and act so condescendingly.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

ha ha

spare the rod spoil the child..... by the way I think your avatar is cool

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

Ya not all grown ups are like that but a lot are... just keep your head up and accept nothing but the truth

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think it is just adults, it is people in general look down on the opinions of others for many trivial things that has nothing to do with what they're actually saying.

For example being caustic with words and basically using "bigger" words instead of just getting to the point in a way people will understand, or speaking in an authoritative manner, a confident manner can make just as much difference as age.

Most people in my experience will take the "emotional" means into consideration before logically looking at that persons point even comes into mind. They decide they're right before they actually know what it is they're talking about, and then pride stops them admitting otherwise, especially to a person they perceive as a child or have authority over.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Ta, yours is cool too..
Most don't realize that them cute looking Pandas are viscous little buggers..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alina

Ya agreed, most teachers have that bad.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Good point, OP. The 'net is a great equalizer. Then again, you are 'well spoken' - articulate & concise in expressing your thought. I think that helps big time, when others are looking at what we read. Back when 'The Safety Dance' was on the radio I worked in a R&D Lab. A scientist commented to me one day about using his "suit & tie voice" on the telephone. He explained on the phone no one sees you, so you may use this to your advantage. I got a kick out of that.

I noticed as a child, a teen and a young man how many of my elders were openly discourteous, rude, sometimes even hostile toward youths. But you never know what people have on their plate, maybe they are just having a bad day, a bad year, or maybe they are just miserable to be around no matter what.

Young people these days have more going on for them then ever before, IMHO. I'll chat with the 'kids' working here or there while I'm waiting for my food order or what-not. When I was young all I cared about was sex & drugs & rock n roll. Pathetic. The youth of today that I've encountered are the most well-informed people I've met. It makes me feel good to know the wool is not getting pulled over everyones eyes.

top topics

join