It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House wants new copyright law crackdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
all of you have missed the big picture, if this does pass and go in to law , it means no CNN no TV news no youtube and no copy pasting form the web, if it says copyright, get it?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
DRMs are put in because companies feel that too many people are not paying for their content. Simple as that. In my high school most games for the PC were pirated. Yes I have pirated, but I don't anymore, not even for previews, nor ROMS of games they don't sell anymore. I don't even go for movie streams online anymore, despite them being easily available. Not many people will buy Photoshop even if they like it, too expensive, but most would rather make a copy of something they have no right to and use it. I can dig that most people want software to be free and feel entitled to cheat the developers out of their trust, which is why they don't trust users much anymore--hence DRMs--, but I feel programming can be done professionally, not only by GNU hobbyists, and if they want to protect their product from piracy they have every right to, and probably rationally should, put DRMs. I blame DRMs on the easily available warez of most software online.

Too many people think as consumers, not producers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This looks like a response to Japans officials demanding the US block certain websites, youtubes was mentioned, supposedly to save airspace for military.

Its to block information reaching people.

Pay attention.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This looks like a response to Japans officials demanding the US block certain websites, youtubes was mentioned, supposedly to save airspace for military.

Its to block information reaching people.

Pay attention.

what? Thats crazy!

Thats like china censoring the internet.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If I was a producer of anything, I would not be putting useless DRM on my stuff, the only thing it does is annoy the people that are willing to pay for it. Most programs are really bloated and buggy as it is. Instead of streamlining everything, they just rely on the fact that newer computers with better processors keep coming out to handle the bloat. They just add more bells and whistles to the bloat. I am sure DRM adds a bit to the bloat as well. That leads to less sales, as people who can't afford to get a newer top end computer every year are more likely to not pay to upgrade. As for not previewing media before buying, I guess that is your choice. If you want to throw money away on crap movies and music, well it is your money. Hollywood is way too overpaid, and one of the reason is people throwing away money on crap media, I won't participate in that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join