It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First radiation alert for US Midwest, Ontario, Quebec. More to come on Thurs and Fri for West coast.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This just in...
Japan's nuclear plant chief weeps as he announces the radiation leak is serious enough to kill people!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

it took them HOW long?!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I was talking to a friend of mine last night who's father is a chemical engineer. He says that a Chernobyl-style melt down is not likely. Chernobyl was terrible because it exploded high into the atmosphere because it contained graphite. The Japan nuclear site does not contain graphite. That being said, he said that if the Japanese are able to contain the site with no other episodes until sunday, then chances are good and he is hopeful. I didn't understand the science behind it, but it was something to do with a formula and the way things either accelerate for the better or worse depending on time. They just need more time. Let's hope nothing major happens until sunday… 1 more day to go…

He also said radiation will reach the U.S, for sure. He said there was no doubt. He also said that the amount is in question. He said that the human body is very capable of handling traces of radiation with no problem. He was more worried about other chemicals being used in the states rather than radiation! Go figure…..

Sacramento had a slight elevation in radiation readings yesterday, but really minuscule with no impact on human health. I have been monitoring the radiation levels across the country yesterday and today through the CDX website. All levels are within normal now. Very good news for now.
edit on 19-3-2011 by TETRA.X because: typo ... oops

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have been sitting on this throughout the morning, just letting it run in a background tab. It is a Counter set up from Las Vegas/Boulder City.

It is really smart of the person who put it up with sound and you can hear it 'pop pop pop'.

It has been pretty quiet all morning until about 5 minutes ago it started 'popping' about like the last 10 seconds of a Jiffy Pop bag in the microwave. Once it popped up to almost 100 on the dial.

Vegas Geiger Counter Live

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
I have been sitting on this throughout the morning, just letting it run in a background tab. It is a Counter set up from Las Vegas/Boulder City.

It is really smart of the person who put it up with sound and you can hear it 'pop pop pop'.

It has been pretty quiet all morning until about 5 minutes ago it started 'popping' about like the last 10 seconds of a Jiffy Pop bag in the microwave. Once it popped up to almost 100 on the dial.

Vegas Geiger Counter Live

And I've been listening for a few minutes and it's popped about 16 pops per minute average druing that time... and the poster says normal is around 18 counts per minute.

You do realize that you have to take a count over a period of time and average that, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

I said that if someone did fake this report, that it would be sick.

So yes, it would bother me if someone did that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

"no radiation can make it that far" well......

Have you eaten your own words yet? By the way, from another source, I was told that actually the radiation from two of those plant reactors has 200 times more than an atomic bomb so don't speculate on things that you don't know much about. I will try and find that source for you if need be.
edit on 22-3-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh come on you gise! Seriously, didn't you know "radiation is good for you" well, according to the media.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

This was enough to make me leave vegas. I've heard that a baseline reading is around 60(for gross beta cpm); this is unconfirmed and anecdotal, but its 65 right now. If 65 is a proper baseline for Lost Wages than this is not cool at all....

I linked up with a friend in vegas...he was REALLY spooked. infact he got on a plane for Oz yesterday. when I talked to him at 6:30pm pdt he said that the epa beta count was down to 240 Monday afternoon.

1st shot i took sunday before bed
2nd was when i woke up monday around 930am
3rd shot is the report i pulled just now

all from the epa site:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BecauseiSaidso

Could you please explain the graph? Do the blue dots mean high or low levels of radiation? Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

the ballons on this map indicate the status of the sensor station. google epa cdx. then click the link in the update at the top of the page. Blue is active, grey is under review white is inactive.

edit: did you even look at the pic and read what it says? sheesh your lazy....
edit on 22-3-2011 by BecauseiSaidso because: wow

<< 6  7  8   >>

join