First radiation alert for US Midwest, Ontario, Quebec. More to come on Thurs and Fri for West coast.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kittendaydreamer
There was testing on it causing the spike
community environmental montiering plan
www.cemp.dri.edu...

ummm, did u look at the archives of those
reporting stations ??? The levels of radiation
fluctuate very lil from day to day, not even
more than .5 %. This is highly suspicious to me
since winds are always changing patterns,
they should vary a lot more than that over the course
of a day or so. The independents from black cat
also vary upwards of 40-50 points in a days time.
but your link above looks like it's hoaxed.
And I'm not referring to the spikes at all.
The readings there seem to be too complacent.
Almost as if somebody flipped the cruise control
button on to keep it all about the same number.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

You got it all wrong, i found this about radiation in ontario/canada
nothing to do with japan ...

Ontario reactor leak

edit on 17-3-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It's the only link I could find with Vegas listings even the radnetwork and blackcat I think were only showing CA and AZ but nothing specifically for Vegas.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mick1423

I was referring to the cloud that was supposedly heading to Denver and then following the wind pattern to the Great Lakes.

I know about that incident and how they`re playing it down. Stockwell Day announced this afternoon that the govmt will make public access to info from 10 Ministries, and I`m keeping my fingers crossed on the monitoring information.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
New links of interest, thanks Bob Dobbs

Monitoring System for all of Orange County and the urban portions of Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties
South Coast Air Quality Management System

Low Level Radiation Campaign

Monitor Tokyo Gamma levels, updated every 12 hours
Current Tokyo Gamma Levels

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If a cloud comes all the way from Japan without losing it's radiation, then it is quite likely that it could traverse the USA without dropping it's radioactivity as well. That said I wouldn't want to be on the rainward side of any mountain ranges.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
So let me get this straight. The radiation from these nuclear plants are supposed to make it all the way across the ocean, yet when we dropped two atomic bombs on them (which i am guessing had more radiation in them than what has leaked from the plants) wouldnt the radiation from them have followed the same jet stream and made it over here and make some headlines about mass deaths.

Wrong. A bomb core weighs pounds, and a reactor core weighs many tons.

The radiation from Fat Man and Little Boy did make it to the States and was documented by authorities. It caused a number of leukemia and other cancer cases worldwide due to stratospheric fallout.

If you lived in the last century, maybe you remember a little bald kid with a big head who died young- from leukemia. We used to see them all the time in the 1960's. One millionth of a gram of plutonium when inhaled will kill you- of course you don't really matter to the gov't, so no problem...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

First radiation alert for US Midwest, Ontario, Quebec. More to come on Thurs and Fri for West coast.

www.youtube.com

Radiation cloud tracked already over the US. with main cloud to come. Officials are protecting us how?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
:

234 ur

What does that MEAN?

Please clarify, thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Could someone please confirm this? I live in the Great Lakes area. Also, please tell me if the radiation is low or something to worry about. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

low, i've seen / heard of no spikes in reading either from the sites or from people i know personally who have been taking readings

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We are all about to become science experiments on what happens to human tissue when exposed to MOX fuel radiation over a prolonged period ... pass me a Jack and Coke please.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Sailor Jerry's is better tasting than Jack..more vanilla and spice

I'll let you know if I start growing a 3rd arm over here on the West coast...although it could come in handy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

I revisited the video link and the fellow has reposted it as though it were happening 24 hours later. I`m sorry to have to say that it appears like a hoax. However have you seen this?

Pickering Leak

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The number refers to a high reading, .but this thread has put that particular reading in doubt.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just came across this article from the Zimbabwe Mail:
www.thezimbabwemail.com...

Looks like the IKEA Government (I mean Swedish
) told Reuters that not only will the radiation reach North America, but it will eventually cover the entire northern hemisphere.

Wonderful! Now where did I put my duct-tape?
edit on 18-3-2011 by kathael because: emote-owned

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
OK They say the Mid west but Quebec is on the East coast and Ontario on the East side of the country. I would put warnigs out to BC & Alberta instead but what do I know.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Real time radiation readings website

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i just read about this from here

FALLOUT reaches cali

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Exactly.

A nuclear explosion kicks up a hell of a lot of dirt into the atmosphere. The radiation clings to this dirt and creates nuclear fallout. These atomic 'shrooms' extend upwards of 20-30,000ft. I can understand the physics of this entering the jet-stream.

I do not understand how people expect a local explosion, maybe 1000ft high, to propel debris high and far enough to reach the jet-stream and consequently the US.

Like this you mean?

And Chernobyl only 'blew' a little- but it burned and steamed for a number of days. You can see from the pattern where it rained a great deal - the rain brought the particles back to earth. That is why it looks relatively clear in some areas even 2 miles from Chernobyl, while 100 miles away or several thousand miles away they suffered heavy fallout.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

bombs are designed to expend their energy immediately, a core exposed to the open air is quite a different beast, and those were hydrogen bombs, if i am correct, and not uranium or plutonium.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join