First radiation alert for US Midwest, Ontario, Quebec. More to come on Thurs and Fri for West coast.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks!
How do you do it anyway? Sorry, I'm a newbie!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theghosthunter

Its done through the Media Center, under Pictures.
Send me a u2u and I will reply with the instructions.

bts out for now~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hey thanks, I will do - I tried to there, but I have to wait until I have 20 posts to U2U people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That BBC headline is ridiculous! Did they really print that - not photoshopped? That is one of the worst pieces of fear-mongering I've ever seen and I expected better from the BBC, to be honest.

Shocked.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Yes, I couldn't believe it when I saw it - that's why I hit the print screen button, and now there is no sign of the headline anymore. This was shortly after lunchtime today.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I live in Alberta and I've had a radiation detector for years (work- don't ask). I've been watching lately and I can say that there has been ZERO increase in the number of counts per minute anywhere around my office or home. Those sites all give different readings, one of the ones I looked at is giving it in "counts per minute" that's litteraly the # of particles to impact the detector in a minute. I can get readings of 200 counts per minute if I put he detector right beside a smoke detector (they have cessium in them) or if I point the detecter at certain other man made objects around the office. Those detectors make no diference between short life particles and long life particles (which are the dangerous ones).

Even assuming that those screen shots are not faked (and I suspect they are) a brief surge is typical when something happens near the detector. Before you get panic-y you should look at the refresh rate for the sending detectors and look at the where they are. Are they near a construction site? Radiography is used to check welds and it creates short term radiation.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

As luck would have it, I still have the bbc page minimised, I'm taking a video of it to prove it isn't photoshopped. I'll post the link when I upload it! (Uploading now)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thanks so much for your down to earth post. This time I feel like right after 9/11 in that the MSM is replaying key videos and then giving us two sides of the situation both here and in Japan. Be sure to let us know if your meter readings rise.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As promised, here's the webpage, I recorded as seen in firefox. I can't find the story any more, it looks like it's been taken off - or the headline changed?

www.youtube.com...

What do you guys think?? Strange huh?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i do not believe this is the case YET however i do believe that very bad times are at our doors no more watching it on TV just open
your door
edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just saw a reading of 80 from Florida about 2 minutes ago. Went right back down to 18. I got a screenshot of the 80 but it appears it has to be uploaded to the web in order to attach it here.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsimitpo
Just saw a reading of 80 from Florida about 2 minutes ago. Went right back down to 18. I got a screenshot of the 80 but it appears it has to be uploaded to the web in order to attach it here.

You americans are going to be having 3 legged children by the looks of things.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

not funny sir

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Sorry I wasn't saying the BBC page is fake I was saying the screen pics of the website showing radiation in California looked fake.

Here is a similar article form the dailymail in UK.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is the "radiation" map from the Daily Mail article, it's worse than useless, it shows a posible plume in red's and oranges but until we know the actual amount of radiation released and the actual winds there is pretty much zero this map can do for anyone. Now if you where travelling by ship from the west cost to asia I'd think about an alternative route that avoided the area east of Japan, I know planes have already been re-routed around that area.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeha I agree, it's just too terrible to contemplate if that's the case. But we're talking 4 nuclear power stations, not one. This is MASSIVE. It's a worldwide problem. Not just Japan, or the US.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

dont worry tomorrow the story will change yet again with another famous "From day one" lead off however from day one they have been completely wrong about the entire situation.

i saw a good thread im going to go check out kind of caught me It said "Where are all the dead bodies?"

i too am beginning to wonder they all were buried ? in Haiti they lines the street and in Indonesia?

what is Japan different ahh geez here it comes the can of opened worms Bad On Me :duh
edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A short spike is very common, it just means something tripped the detector and 80 counts a minute is still very low (unless it's very high energy particles). You can get above 80 by putting the sensor beside a smoke detector in your house. I'd only worry if the readings climbed and stayed up for an extended period, a short burst is likely not a concern.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Dr. Bob Bowman (former director of the Star Wars program) mentioned on the Alex Jones show today that these environment radiation detectors and Geiger counters do not detect and measure the type of radiation emitting from Fukushima that is most deadly. We may not know how much radiation we got until we get cancer from our fried DNA strands.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Fear mongering as usual. This is also the MSM's agenda too unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghosthunter

You americans are going to be having 3 legged children by the looks of things.

No worries mate as by that time our 3 legged children will probably be dating your 3 breasted females

This is a world wide event that will eventually spread due to the wind conditions. Only the weather pattern can put a twist to this radiation leakage into the atmoshphere.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join