It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First radiation alert for US Midwest, Ontario, Quebec. More to come on Thurs and Fri for West coast.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

First radiation alert for US Midwest, Ontario, Quebec. More to come on Thurs and Fri for West coast.

www.youtube.com

Radiation cloud tracked already over the US. with main cloud to come. Officials are protecting us how?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Meanwhile Twitter reported the following info: "Humvees & cops swarming all over NEW DENVER AIRPORT COMMISSION TO THE NWO and some were sacked & told to pi** off«" (my edit)"

Obama is on the way to Rio and Hilary is in Middle East. I guess it will be wise to remain indoors and tape up windows and doors perhaps, or am I making too much of this?

www.youtube.com

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Time to hide in our refrigerators.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've hear no news of this, and honestly, I doubt it is coming into the west in any dangerous amounts.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

www.youtube.com

Radiation cloud tracked already over the US. with main cloud to come. Officials are protecting us how?

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
:

It's a forecast at this point! Only a projection so far. I'm not saying that the US shouldn't be keeping track of this possible radiation, but please let's not get into panic mode just yet!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
From the op's NY Times source

Health and nuclear experts emphasize that radiation in the plume will be diluted as it travels and, at worst, would have extremely minor health consequences in the United States, even if hints of it are ultimately detectable. In a similar way, radiation from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 spread around the globe and reached the West Coast of the United States in 10 days, its levels measurable but minuscule.

I say it is a concern but how much of a concern is still up for grabs.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thanks for the update...not the update I wanted to hear but good to know.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. The radiation from these nuclear plants are supposed to make it all the way across the ocean, yet when we dropped two atomic bombs on them (which i am guessing had more radiation in them than what has leaked from the plants) wouldnt the radiation from them have followed the same jet stream and made it over here and make some headlines about mass deaths.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think you guys need to step back a little and chill out ! I honestly cant see how you could be affected in the US by this. At least not with current events. Full Meltdown yes maybe, but this didnt happen yet !

I am in Hong Kong and we also had some fake messages goign around here with warning 2 days ago that the cloud would be in the Philippines (south of Japan) and some people started to panic a little. With Thailand and the Philippines giving out free Iodide now at airports for Japan bound flight passengers....

but looking at the winds etc, there is just no way anything is here in the south and it really doesnt help for some idiots to spread such kind of messages as what went around here in Asia !!! Totally irresponsible !

cheers

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
hey OP did you even read the nyti,es article?
its a computer model a "forecast" and in ist own words ...The projection, by the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization, an arm of the United Nations in Vienna, gives no information about actual radiation levels but only shows how a radioactive plume would probably move and disperse.

The forecast, calculated Tuesday, is based on patterns of Pacific winds at that time and the predicted path is likely to change as weather patterns shift. ....Sunday, the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission said it expected that no “harmful levels of radioactivity”

...Mr. Jaczko was asked if the meltdown of a core of one of the reactors would increase the chance of harmful radiation reaching Hawaii or the West Coast.

“I don’t want to speculate on various scenarios,” he replied. “But based on the design and the distances involved, it is very unlikely that there would be any harmful impacts.”

and so on and so forth... get a Gieger counter or just wait for the emergency broadcast system to tell ya when to take your pill and drink your kool aid

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Meanwhile Twitter reported the following info: "Humvees & cops swarming all over NEW DENVER AIRPORT COMMISSION TO THE NWO and some were sacked & told to pi** off«" (my edit)"

What does that mean?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
From the NY Times article linked in the OP:

Health and nuclear experts emphasize that radiation in the plume will be diluted as it travels and, at worst, would have extremely minor health consequences in the United States, even if hints of it are ultimately detectable. In a similar way, radiation from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 spread around the globe and reached the West Coast of the United States in 10 days, its levels measurable but minuscule. The projection, by the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization, an arm of the United Nations in Vienna, gives no information about actual radiation levels but only shows how a radioactive plume would probably move and disperse. The forecast, calculated Tuesday, is based on patterns of Pacific winds at that time and the predicted path is likely to change as weather patterns shift.

At this point there is no plume approaching the US. Certainly not in the Midwest, Ontario, and Quebec! How would it get there first? Wouldn't it have to move across the coast somewhere, or did it just 'appear'? And as for the Dumb Tube video, the models show any radiation plume first touching the mainland US in Alaska and slowly moving east and south from there. How does it get to Bakersfield, CA first? Does not compute...

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How many times are these "forecasts" going to be posted here.
Do any of you guys read the already numerous posts on the same models or just get excited and post a new thread rather than just add to them.
Some of you read a few menacing words and don't bother with the rest.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Unless an unusually large # of baby boomers got cancer from it? We really don't know what type of effect the two nukes we drop had outside of japan at least not as thoroughly as we could today.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shockologist

I see your point completely. I would just think that by now some scientist would have studied the effects the two bombs had on us, and therefore would be able to make an accurate assement as to the radiation there now. Maybe we did get fall out from it. I am guessing the only way we will know for sure is if we start seeing the governors of the west coast states start to go into hiding, since we all know that politicians are gonna save thier own hides first. If that happens then start running east my friends.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I hunted for a couple of days for something from an official meteorological organization and finally found one. This site has a simulation from the Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics in Vienna, Austria. Since it comes from Austria it is not in english but on this site they do a good job of explaining it. It also has a google translate ready link you can click to translate into english and check out the source at the Meteorological Institute for yourself. Bunch of good stuff on the site too. If these spent fuel pools catch on fire we may all get radiated. There is an article on there that explains exactly how much of that stuff is possibly in the reactors too. Its tons, and tons, and tons, and tons. On this site they calculated that it could be equal to like between what 70 and 140 reactors would burn in a year depending on how much spent fuel is in each. Some could be holding 20 years worth. (gulp)
I"ll get that link too...

Ok this one is to the simulation from the meteorological institute in Vienna, Austria.
stretchingminds.wordpress.com...

This one is to the article that explains how much spent fuel may be in the pools. Scary when you read it and understand how much radiation this could be if the pools catch on fire.
stretchingminds.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shockologist

I don`t know if they kept good stats in 1945, but my mom gave birth to a deformed baby before getting cancer herself. The thing is we just don`t know for sure, do we?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I tried to find out what was happening there, but I haven`t learned why the employees were sent packing. Maybe someone from Denver can tell us more?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Basel77

We are dealing with a MOX fallout folks not just radiation of uranium......M O X !!!!

Don't take this sitting back and say it's nothing......this stuff WILL get in to all your fresh produce, your livestocks, your drinking water.....

Get worried and stock up for the next few days.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

How about a link?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join