It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recycled revolutionary "props."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
CIA Backed Revolution Egypt

The encirclement of Russia and China.

First noted by geopolitical analyst and historian Dr. Webster Tarpley, some suspicious similarities could be seen between the Egyptian unrest and another, known US-backed uprising in Serbia. Serbia's Otpor, or the "resistance," was funded to the tune of millions by the US National Endowment for Democracy. Its signature clenched fist logo adorned flags, signboards, and t-shirts carried by the US State Department-laid astro-turf until the ousting of Slobodan Milošević in 2000.

After its success, Serbia's Otpor would continue receiving funds from the West and become a "CIA-coup college" of sorts, under the name CANVAS, or "Center for Applied Non-Violent Action and Strategies." It appears that after the Egyptian April 6 Youth Movement finished attending the US State Department funded confab in New York City in 2008, it would make a trip to visit CANVAS in 2009. From there, it took CANVAS's "curriculum" and apparently their logo, and began assembling a US-funded mob in Egypt.

A final note to consider is that CANVAS is on record in Foreign Policy magazine's article "Revolution U," assisting the "Rose Revolution" of Georgia, the "Orange Revolution" of the Ukraine, and is currently working with networks from Belarus, Myanmar (Burma) and 50 other countries. Taking a look at their activities and the overall globalist agenda, it is clear they are involved in regime change that will directly assist the globalists in their encirclement of Russia and China.

Remember the Iron fist logo?
Heres the Egypts Fists

Serbia CIA Backed Operation in 2000

How do these operations work? click the image below to see how they all come about

Isn't odd that the media is calling Mohamed ElBaradei a hero? or isn't odd that the military might take over in egypt after the so Democratic elections? and have you even wondered why there is no one from the supposed youth protest group to come and claim as a the leader of the opposition.

Heres the problem there really was no real leader of the opposition during the back egypt uprising everyone here at ATS thought that CEO of Google was a leader but really he was on business.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks for putting into words what I've been thinking all along. The on;y objection I have is why does a rebellion have to have a leader? Maybe the resistance started as one man standing up and trust me it contagious when mass hysteria of pissed off people get together. I believe the CIA have a hand in it but the crowd getting that rowdy was out of their control. Nice theory now go prove it because I don't have the resources to connect the dots and make a definate assertion of validity.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Another article to back up my first post

hillary clinton in egypt

"To see where this revolution happened and all that it has meant to the world is extraordinary for me," Clinton said. "It's just a great reminder of the power of the human spirit and universial desire for human rights and democracy. It's just thrilling to see where this happened."

amercia doesn't even have a real democracy not to mention amercias own human rights abuses.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Optor!'s fist logo was developed before the US became involved in funding the movement. Both Tunisian and Egyptian activists took pointers from Optor!, and intentionally lifted the logo. It's not like there were a lot of more local nonviolent revolutionary outfits to lift this stuff from, after all

New York Times

I suppose Gene Sharp isn't as conspiracy-friendly as "OMG TEH CIA!" but, well... that's what you've actually got, there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It is interesting to hear some US support for the revolution before it happened. As for the military taking over I see that as the only reasonable option with such wide spread support for revolution. There are just too many competing factions and disorganisation for anyone else to accept the leadership at this time. If anyone else was to step in before elections could take place then the risk of another dictatorship would be very high as they would have to fight and dominate for that position. While there is a slim possibility of a military dictatorship if those in charge get too comfortable in their position, I do see this as the best chance for democracy to get a fair grounding.

This is one area where Libya is having problems as the military does appear very divided on the issue. Until the military can get united once more the political system will remain in chaos.

top topics

join