It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would 127 million people do to an economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If japan is evacuated to a single country, what would happen to the economy of that country?

Would it flurish or die?

world bank?

Data source: World Bank, World Development Indicators - Last updated Mar 15, 2011

Interesting how world bank is keeping these statistics eh?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Smaller countries would fail.

For America, China or Europe, it would struggle for some months, then it would be the most unassailable economic power in the world.

Perhaps Japan could save the American empire?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If they all came to the US it would definitely help the housing problem...and that would help a lot of other businesses.

The only question is whether or not the jobs would keep up.

Considering we're already @ a 9% UE rate it'd be a miracle if enough jobs were created to keep everybody busy.

More than likely there would be a short term boom followed by a large unemployment rate & subsequent bust as everybody REALLY runs out of money and our financial system locks up...

We're up to our eyes in debt already (publicly & privately)
I'm not sure what would happen to our government with such a large additional workload...of course it's also possible that they'd just go slow as sh*t & not care like always while we slag through it somehow...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I mentioned this in one of the early threads on the Japan earthquake. Consider not only the people, but all of the huge technology companies they would bring with them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What about places like China (?) that have those big 'ghost' cities, or places down in the US where malls and neighborhoods are just abandoned ...??? There's alot of empty space that's pretty habitable isnt' there???

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
all that link shows is population....... but population is typically calculated by census which has been common since before my ancestors came to the US.....

but when you are talking economy who is going to pay the bill us or japan. if we don't pay for everything maybe a huge influx of growth ... more population demand for jobs to build homes and it would trickle to all middle american incomes... people replenish lost items required goods but kill the job market in some areas for a while

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

It wouldn't necessarily kill job markets. There's many companies in Japan that would likely rebuild if they had to move here. Remember, we wouldn't only get more people. They would bring businesses with them.

Besides, the yen is the strongest currency in the world last I heard. That means there would be a ton of Japanese that would be able to afford to start up a business if they wished.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I don't see it being weird that the World Bank has population statistics. Or did I miss something in the link?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

nah you didn't miss anything, i just find it ironic...

new topics

top topics

join