It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Wanted It! You Asked For It! Here It Is!... "The Survival Show" Thurs (8pm est)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
how do you get these things from the words?

I'm a bit of an amature programmer.
I got hired once to make a CD to go in the back of a book on kabbalah
and numerology in the analysis of names.

Prior to this "job" I knew nothing about the details or inner workings of the system.

The Author sent me a copy of his manuscript,
I read it in one sleepless night, crashed,
and woke up to write the program.

It was pretty easy, as I've always been into math riddles.
When I got paid I told the author, "yeah It was pretty easy,
I used to play D&D and this is just another magic system."

I also included some recursive, effects as the Authors' system
runs three layers of analysis on the system.

Anyway... all the results and language credit are from his book,
A life time of work went into it,
but he had never had a digital version of his system before
and I could tell by his sample results in the book that his math was inconsistant
and it could take hours for him to do the analysis by hand.

A week later, I guess after he had had some time to try out the program,
I got a freaked out e-mail from him saying "how did you do that!?" and "Send me the source code."
So I did.
Never heard from him sense, but I think I blew his mind.

$20 well earned if you ask me.

David Grouchy
edit on 17-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: sence < > sense

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just poking my head in to say this is gonna be fun.

"Survival" might be an overworked word but it certainly fits the bill.
It's not the name but the content that will count.
See you (?ok, hear you there!)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
We have gathered a panel of experts, including Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain Hillbillies, with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit...these are the best kinds of folks to have around for this kind of discussion! (Discribes the entire male population of my family actually)

I think this is a wonderful thing to have started, and I look forward to listening in this evening and for a long time to come I hope! Congrats!!
edit on 17-3-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Trying to correct font size that just went nuts on me

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Bump bumpity bump bump

T minus 10 hours and 3 mins

this needed back up on the recent posts page for anyone that may have been absent yesterday...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My turn to bump the thread. The show starts in about 18 minutes, be there or you will have to tie forty square knots (not really but it wouldn't hurt to know how.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
7 Minutes and counting

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
...is it playing? I have quicktime player that was playing music up until about 2 min till but since then/now it's just silence. Maybe it's my computer...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

It is playing

I am checking it routinely...

Semper

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This show is a great addition!

edit on 17-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Had to try 3 of the player links for it to work but I got it through windows media player thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Our Youtube Channel is

Survival Radio Show

One video up and more coming..

Semper

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

New Show Name

Chosen by the panel..

WOO HOO
edit on 3/17/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The show was great. It was kind of nice to be able to put voices to the screen names!
Thanks for taking the time to do the show. Look forward to the next one!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks so much... I have a great feeling about this journey...

In my mind's eye, it's all about knowledge...

The more you learn, and practice, the more folks will be ready, should they find themselves in a survival situation.

Let's learn and grow together

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I wanted to thank everyone that tuned in last night. The one hour introductory show may have came across as a little bland and boring (read as listening to our little histories on the subject) but as you may or may not have noticed we mentioned enough topics to cover about a year's worth of shows.

Being that this is a radio discussion show, there are things that are a little difficult to describe so that you might envision it in your mind's eye. So we will have a YouTube Channel which is here in order for us to upload some videos. And I recommend that those that are interested, should go ahead and subscribe.

Naturally people will wonder if we will ever have any guests on. To that I can only say that anything is possible, although it may be further down the road. But one of the key things that I feel we (hosts, listeners and guests) should all get out of this show is fellowship.

In future shows, topics will come up be it gear, procedures or what have you that you may not agree with. I am sure several of us in the studio will argue a bit on different things. One caveat to keep in mind is that not all things work for all people. A different approach to things is something that has to be practiced to truly be learned.

And of course as being a live show versus pre-recorded, we may even misspeak or tell a step out of order when describing something. Which is one of the reasons why we strongly urge you to pay attention to the disclaimer. But as I was saying on fellowship, we all have things to both teach and learn. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say that all of the hosts are deeply invested in both teaching and learning with and from everyone. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing this show.

So for those that are curious, I hope that you can find the time to join us each week, watch the videos as we make them and get them up online and that we all find this both educational and entertaining as we go forward.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thank you hosts and listeners alike. I will have to admit to being terrified to speaking live on air having never done it before. Having gotten my feet wet I find myself anxiously awaiting next thursday. I had a blast!
The fact that we have differing philosophies and methods on survival is reassuring. Nobody wants to listen to a panel that agrees on everything = B*O*R*I*N*G. Your right Ahabs, not everyone learns the same way or has the same capabilities and we should be able to provide more than one solution to any given problem.
I was initially worried about being able to fill up a 2 hour show with enough material, now I'm worried that won't be enough time!
This is going to be a very interesting journey. Now that I have some idea of what kinds of skills and knowledge my fellow hosts bring to the table I think the sky is the limit. No offense to Les or Bear but I feel confident we will be able to teach more on a radio show than they can with a tv program and with Garth on board I know it will be at least as entertaining

Thanks again to all who tuned in and by all means tell us what we can improve on! Solid criticism can only help us grow.
Cheers!

~ Asktheanimals

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join