It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i would have to go with the Thundergun

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
well, I would construct a rope bridge to get myself to some plateau then just cut the other end off and build a farm and shelter... win?

Id take a sniper rifle too, that could be fun.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Simple hatchet, cudgel, trench pike, crowbar, and a cross-bow. Anything heavier or louder than that and you are asking to be food.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
compound bow,hunting knife,punji defence,and a good old fashion baseball bat.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Realistically it would anything in the house like a kitchen knife, a hair spray bottle and a lighter(to make a flame thrower), and a other things found under the sink. Mainly I would make it hard for them to reach me up on the second floor...like an extreme version of the movie home alone.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousObserver
*snip*

like an extreme version of the movie home alone.

That is awesome. I almost wish they would make a sequel now with zombies. Joe Pesci and his whiny voice as a zombie would be awesome. It wouldn't be "uhhhh uhuuuhhhhgh...", it would be more like "eeeeeeeh, eeeeeEEEEh!"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just finished reading the zombie survival guide 2 days ago.

So for primary weapon, I would choose a silenced rifle, preferably scoped or/and with laser dot.

Second the crossbow, to take out a small group 1-5.

Third one a crowbar. Always good to carry a crowbar with you. You never know what how you will use it.

Then finally a knife, not rugged so it doesn't produce the chance of getting stuck in the eye ball or something similar

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
ok i have no idea if this has been done before. if so i apologize. i was wondering what my fellow ATS'ers would have as their primary weapon in a zombie attack. i know mine would be the fireman's axe. nice reach with it. make a awesome tool too. plus the spike for 1 hit kills in the head.

Yeah but that's a last ditch weapon... You want something that doesn't rely on you being physically fit enough to swing a pick axe...

I'd take a Shotgun, good dismemberment damage, large blast pattern so you never miss, good for groups of targets. Also pleny of ammunition available for this common weapon...

Oh also all you need is a backpack and you can fill it with shells, which are really light compared to brass ammunition.
edit on 3/17/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
turning off the TV so I don't become one

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
After a good deal of thought, I am still torn between my kiezer blade or the "homemade" plastique I learned to make. (maybe I should not have said that)

But, you know what they say -- "With dynamite and duct tape, you can fix anything at least once!"

What did the grocery checker say to the terrorist?

"Sir, will that be paper or plastique?"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
SIG Sauer P226

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I find it humorous each time that this topic is brought to discussion upon the internet. There are multitudes of apt-minded young gentlemen who immediately exclaim, "I shall carry myself a sword! Noble and silent!"

Speaking as a connoisseur of the sabre (fencing, if you will), I would like to impart upon you this bit of knowledge, pain-stakingly learned throughout my short life: fighting is very tiresome. Engaging a single opponent on a set line is worrisome enough, without worrying about multiple opponents salivating all over your wonderful clothes and accoutrements. Most lads these days would not last past the first zombie -- exacerbated by the energy put fourth to cut one's head off one's shoulders.

If it were I? I would partake of a carbine-length weapon in .223 caliber. I am quite content with it's ballistic properties, and would not find it lacking in such an environment. I would also carry a "crow's beak". This type of weapon was carried by gentlemanly Knights in the Middle Ages to plunge in to the skulls of Infidels wearing steel helmets. I believe it would do the task of zombie-slaying just dandy.

Have a smashing great day.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There are a lot of folks questioning the penetration of a 22 cal.
If we are talking handguns i would say no, rifles 10 22 to be exact, yes it will work high or hyper velocity.
But i shoot alot of standard velocity and i'm not sure about that.
Now i retract what i said about the broom and kitchen knife duct taped to it as I have found the ultimate undead killer.
While consulting the youngins i realized my folly.
This has killed thousands, maybe millions of undead already.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

all joking aside google "national geographic airborne rabies virus" and read it. In it, it says a super modified airborne rabies virus could happen turning people into raging zombie like killers. So im sure you know the big pharmacide industry is working on it or already in beta testing of the bio weapon. When national geographic prints a story like that its almost the elite bragging. I wouldnt doubt a zombie apocalyspe considering what these eugenicist freaks are capable of

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

This is a multi million dollar installation I cant authorize that kind of action.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I know what I'm going to use.
Coffee.
Yep, you got that right, coffee.
I make coffee so strong that I had an ex-boss not want to drink it because she said it gave her heart palpitations.
I have walked in on my co-workers warning other employees not to drink my coffee. On more than one job in my career, I have had to resort to bringing my own pot to work to make coffee with because it was too strong for anyone else to to drink.
I once found a centipede skittering across the floor in my apartment and since I knew trying to smack with the broom would be a problem (it moved pretty fast), I dumped a half cup cold black coffee on it and it seized up like a popsicle.
The only one who could drink my coffee was my late Aunt Barbara Jean; she was the one who taught me how to make a good (to me at least) cup of coffee.
And yes, she's dead but it wasn't because of the coffee, lol
Ah, yes..I have the ultimate weapon My Coffee...It'll Kill Anything!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, I guess I would use whatever weapon I could grab... until I brake into a military compound and steal one of these:
blog.tmcnet.com... g/inventor-creates-halo-exoskeleton-armor-suit-for-military-use.asp

or one of these:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Axes get stuck. You better hope its a one hit kill
Those swords the orcs have in the LOR movies would be great! Just as much reach, wont get stuck as bad. 12 gauge pistol grip but you'd run outta ammo pretty quick. Have to make a run to the sporting goods ruins for more.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

I'm a guy, but if i got my wifes permission, could you move in with me??

I will be immune to my own poison!!
Zombies will fall by the meeeelions.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Realistic
I would take a 9mm handgun, because I think 9mm would be common to find. Then I would have a Machete because they are awesome and have a weighted edge, plus Jason uses em lol. I would pack light, utilizing neck gaurds that are soft and flexible enough for me to move in.
Realistic Kit - Stuff I would take in reality (even though Zombie apocalypses are hard to believe.)
Side Arm - Glock 9mm, .44 magnum or a M500 pistol.
Primary weapon - FN FAL 7.62, because it packs a punch.
Melee Weapon/Utility - Machete, because it can be made at home and is tough, or a meat cleaver lol.

Fictional
Side Arm - M500 pistol, or some kind of handcannon! XD
Primary Weapon - NTW-20 Anti-Material Rifle, because it took down the Prawn Exo suit in D9 XD
Melee Weapon - Buster Sword lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join