It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
First and foremost I will have to master fear.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
One choice to me stands above the rest, and that's a semi-auto .22 mag in a reliable firearm like the Ruger 10/22. The .22 mag offers better brain scrambling and skull penetrating abilities than the .22,yet ammo is only a bit bigger. Mind you, you better be stocked before the Zompocolypse as it's not as common as .22lr. Still, you can fit several thousand rounds in a shoe box, so you should be able to hoard plenty. How many zombie's could you kill with 3-4000 rounds? Also, the relativley small amount of combustion gases produced should allow for effective suppresion,minus the superonic crack.

Bows are cool but not for zombies. Arrows are bulky and unlikely to be recovered. Also, it takes a whole lot of practice to be able to shoot a bow well under pressure,even a crossbow. The reason is trajectory; arrows fall fast. beyond about 30 yards, you have to know the range to the target within a few yards to hit that brain pan.

I think swinging a sword for more than a minute would be exhausting, and if you don't lop that head off your still dealing with a "live" zombie. If there's only one or two, I'd love to hack some heads off, but if there's more, give me range and my .22 mag!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

i do think you need to read this, for what better weapon than one that is dead, and can kill when dead or kill when your trying to kill it zombies.org... say like this

The Functional Zombie

The functional zombie is closely related to the philosophical zombie. This type of zombie is genetically different from humans. They may have computer chips in place of blood cells, for instance. However, they appear and act just like humans. There’s a general agreement among people and scientists that if there are truly zombies on Earth, these are the most probable type.
for they will not tell you what kind of zombie now will they, think part animal part man but all blood/ meat trusty and nothing will stop it for it has to reason to exist, one food the other kill/breed, not by mating but by eating feeding, the final solution. or just go see this film www.zombieplace.com... yea ok it will smith not everyone likes him and for the CGI hay it was new, not bad but not good as it is now, but the story line is on track and so is the zombies in it. just know this there is now cure, but one, off with there head any way you can.

edit on 4-4-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

I got it dude, I LOVE that movie!

I will meet you at the Winchester when it does happen....
edit on 5-4-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
depends what type of zombies we are talking about.

this is a purely fun thread obviously. but id like to just say those who honestly think the katana is their best choice for a weapon.

this will be you. (although he does not have a katana, he has a machete. and 2 pistols.)

"La Horde"

when you have no room to swing your master crafted ancient 15,000 fold katana. game over.

my weapon(s) of choice.

hatchet and an aluminum baseball bat. you can argue the same thing would happen to me, although I wouldnt stop running. or let myself get encircled.

but after the 3rd or 5th zombie, im looking for an exit, cause your arms are going to get tired quick.
edit on 20-3-2011 by epitaph.one because: (no reason given)

If that was me I woulda used to machete to hack a hole in the car roof, drop down, hot wire it and run over all the fools ...BWahaaaaaaa
edit on 5-4-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i would se different weapons depending on my location, if i am at my house when this happens, i have my 12 gauge, as well as my 30-30 to protect me, but if i am away i might go to another store and take what i need to fight, because if people are becoming zombies, they won't mind me taking their stuff.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
mine would definately be a katana. i've been training with it for many years. also for a specific .22 rifle i choose the colt m-4 .22 converted to 3 round burst. also i would choose the fa/fn 12 guage full auto shotgun. that's 20 rounds in each clip and i would definitely keep an extra clip taped to the other clip. also an sks with a bayonet would be useful against two or three zombies. black powder seems quite applicable, in your hideaway, make about 100 lbs and disperse generously. i would make explosive crossbow bolts. turn a crossbow into a grenade launcher or find a way of making a ballista out of pvc pipe and duct tape and launch an explosive harpoon with 10 lbs. of black powder or greater. from a rooftop, a ballista with that type of ammunition would be priceless.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
let's see, for me, hook me up with two FMGs and a FN2000 along with a bunch of ammo and I'll be good.

Oh I almost forgot, some swords as well. A buster sword would do great for me. As well as a sawed-off shotgun with quarters as ammo.

As well, I'd use my energy when I fight, that will help me.

edit on 21-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
A greatsword. 6-foot-long battle sword.
Or, that gun that's a combination between a shotgun and a machine gun.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
when the shtf and zombies start knocking on your door dust off the yee ole gatling gun

theres nothing quicker and nothing finer than thousands of bullets knocking down those zombie scumbags.

nothing tells a zombie i love you other than the gatling gun.

and remember my fellow zombie killers take the high ground make it rain the lead kind of rain that ruins a zombies day.
edit on 21-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Probably pump shotgun,sword,shovel maybe baseball bat. I would have an assortment like Woody Harrelson had in the movie Zombieland

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDark

ever played Dirge of the Cerberus? The main bad guy uses 2 swords with guns in them. From the design of it I'd say a katana plus a lever-action rifle or machine gun.

Oh and as for a bodygaurd, to all of you, I would go with a Geistbuster from Wolfenstein (2008). I don't care if it's overkill, it's still better than nothing.
edit on 21-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

ak 47
duel katana for back up
shoe knives to assist
maybe a moltov handy
pills
thats all i need

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

My Ak and a baseball bat.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Some good running shoes first and foremost. By the time i'm ready to settle somewhere, for arguements sake, I would have acquired so many weapons it would be the most disgusting image of all time.

I would be manufacturing guns by then and yelling out Clint Eastwood quotes. It would be a sickening sight.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
fa/ fn 12 gauge fully automatic, belt fed m-60 1000 round backpack, 100+ yards of det chord make enough black powder to fill ten 50 gallon drums fill them up, loop the det chord at the base of each drum, place them in abandoned cars, near corners so that you can bring a building down on top of said zombies. yes black powder can clear away zombies rather fast

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

but how quick can you change six barrels at once?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

do you know how a gatling gun works man? the barrels continually spin each one fire 1 round per barrel

the gatling gun does not work like your typical machine gun where you either have to change barrels or have them water cooled.

the barrels do get hot but the difference is the heat build up is not restricted to one barrel its even distributed.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i can dig that, but the barrels i saw were white at the end of the burst. that was what i was joking about. but in shorter bursts i'd defineately use the minigun. maybe even convert it to 12 gauge buckshot. but with that many rounds per second it probably wouldn't matter.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

A Fallout reference, I love it! And in the same vein, a either a Laser RCW or the Archemedes II weapon system.

Or how about the suit the Predator had? Optical stealth, melee and projectile weapons, plasma weapon, and if you get over run, a self destruct so you can take a crap load of them out with ya.

Someone mentioned a Browning M2, the great thing is the rate of fire is slow enough if you let off the butterfly trigger quick enough to fire one round.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join