It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i just want to take the time to thank everyone for posting on this thread. With all the troubles in the world its good to get our minds off the current situations thats happening around the world. For that i thank you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sniper rifle and a barricaded rooftop. Failing that, I suppose a chainsaw or better yet a piece of farming machinery! Like a thresher or something.

I have a weak stomach, that's why my first preference would be the sniper rifle. But as far as zombie apocalypses go, the shotgun is your best friend.

Ok, sniper rifle, shotgun, machete. Those three and I'm set. Although, putting as much distance between me and zombies would be the most prudent course of action.

So...next thread how about we talk about how best to defend against radscorpions and ghouls?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
guns are limited and during zombis outbreak ammo will be rare. So id say the best would be a durable sharp sword. Id have a preference for a katana or nodachi and wear a nbc suit.

Best combo to survive if you got the strenght and stamina required to wield such a sword...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I have to agree, Sephiroth's sword would be perfect. It's got awesome reach.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Haha, nice thread.

If I lived in the US of A, I'd probably get my hands on a G36-K with ACOG Scope for medium and long range, and an MP5A7 with all the bells and whistles for CQ engagements.

And of course I would drive a Main Battle Tank !

If a Zombie attack *would* happen in reality - and by the looks of some people on the street these days it easily could lol - I had little to offer except a baseball bat and knives.

However I'm planning on getting a bow soon for sport shooting, so I'd stick to that in reality, until I could rip some gun off a soldier-zombie or something like that.

On a side note the type of Zombie had an impact as well. Are they rather the slow and dumb "Day of the Dead" zombies or the fast and mean "I am Legend" creatures. Guess we'll have to find out huh ?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Can't believe noone got onto my Shaun of the dead record scene!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I ask a friend about this and he reminded me of the flame throwing tanks the US army used in WW 2.

His point being; "If the ashes start to get up, you stir them up with the tanks tracks."

I guess he has a point there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

My Iron Man suit, oh and maybe my 300 WinMag, machete, & Makarov 9mm..

Segundo..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by mindfreak21
ruger 10/22 with a supressor, ten to twenty 50 rnd drums.red dot sight, and find some one that has one of the replacement parts for the action to make it fully auto
have gf/bf sittin there loadin mags with an xd-40, with home loads that have power minus the kick so yu can shoot fast and under control. or i would chill on a roof throwing molotov cocktails with gelled gasoline in them.

until the ones that are set on fire start bumping into your house, and surrounding you. Then were to?
just sayin

That's why I live in a brick house, with a slate roof, and heavy gauge steel wire grates over the windows... ain't no flamin' zombies gonna get me!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think if the Evil Dead 2 taught us anything it is that a chainsaw for a hand combined with a boomstick is quite possibly the best we can get.

Remember kids - shop smart - shop S- Mart...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would have to go with my working M1 Garand. It belonged to my grandfather who fought in WWII and somehow managed to get it home. It has been passed down to several people in my family and it came to me several months ago. It was already in working order but I went ahead and gave it a "tune-up", not that it really needed it because the M1 could probably spend 4 weeks under water and still fire. So yeah, the M1 and plenty of rounds would be my choice. Power, accuracy, quick reload, easy to maintain and can be used a very effective melee weapon.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL

Axes get stuck. You better hope its a one hit kill
Those swords the orcs have in the LOR movies would be great! Just as much reach, wont get stuck as bad. 12 gauge pistol grip but you'd run outta ammo pretty quick. Have to make a run to the sporting goods ruins for more.

You'd want to make that run to the Sporting Goods Ruins BEFORE you run out of ammo - zombie gauntlets, y'know?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by PaganArchangel

I'm a guy, but if i got my wifes permission, could you move in with me??

I will be immune to my own poison!!
Zombies will fall by the meeeelions.

I know how to make injection darts for the blowguns so prevalent these days. It seems a waste of perfectly good coffee to just pour it on them, and a smaller dose injected directly into their jugulars from afar might be a better option - leaves more coffee in the pot for us to drink, and avoids the up close and personal danger that their virus might present!

Stock up on hypodermics, rubber bands, paper clips, razor blades (or a reasonable facsimile) and fishooks. I'll be over at coffee time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
For the sword swingers here - I have a fair collection of swords, with which I practice in my back yard fairly frequently. The neighbors poke their heads over the fence every so often and ask "wha'cha doin'?"

"Practicing for the Zombie Apocalypse" is all I say. They shake their heads and walk away.

It's all part of the plan.

You see, I know beyond doubt that my neighbors will be among the first freshly minted zombies when the time comes, for I have seen the future, and she are us. When they get all gross and corpsified, they will already have the thought in their little zombie pea brains that I'm an easy mark, expecting me to fend off the ravaging zombie hordes, all crazyfied with an odd light of madness in my eyes, using nothing more than my trusty sharp stuff. Boy, are THEY gonna get a surprise!

Sorry. For the same reasons, I can't tell YOU what my ultimate weapon is. OPSEC, y'know? You just never know WHO is gonna get all zombified. Some of 'em might be carrying swords and riding zombie ponies.

I'll just say this much - be on the lookout for roiling, inky, black clouds of dissociated zombie soot wafting skyward. I'll be somewhere near the base of that cloud...

... with a spear, a beer, a match, and a maniacal grin.

In my neighborhood, the Zombie Apocalypse will be a ZOMBIE Apocalypse, not a Zombie APOCALYPSE.

edit on 2011/3/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

I caught your reference but am just now reading these last posts.
I was gonna comment on it but ask plz keep the dire straights, it's good beer drinking music!

reply to post by nenothtu

Darts it is!!
Plus i can use them for myself in a pinch!

BTW, to all. This thread rocks and i too would like to thank everyone for contributing, it is good fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Darts it is!!
Plus i can use them for myself in a pinch!

BTW, to all. This thread rocks and i too would like to thank everyone for contributing, it is good fun.

They work just like tranquilizer darts - with the exception that the coffee in question could be considered anything BUT a tranquilizer. I've stuck them completely THROUGH 3/4 inch plywood with the rig in question, so a measly zombie carotid? Pshaw! I mean, those zombies, they're already sort of falling to pieces, right?

2cc's of extreme high test caffeine directly into the bloodstream - it'll kill a zombie for sure, but you and I? We call that an appetizer... I'm thinking IV rigs and 55 gallon drums for us... consider it preventive medicine. If a zombie thoroughly infused with the virus can't survive 2cc's, what's the virus gonna do when it encounters a blood stream composed of nearly pure poison?

It would also no doubt assist in giving us that maniacal gleam in our eyes that would scare the zombies away from US!

The conversation goes like this:

Zombie 1 - "Uuuhhnnnnh, UUNNNHH, OOOrp onnggh (hack, Gaack, SPLAT!) errrf, ghaaaannh!"
Zombie 2 - "Ummnhgh, geerkh? EEEEEYAH!"

Translation for the death impaired:

Zombie1 - "Don't go to that house, those mofo's are crazy. They don't (hack, Gaack, SPLAT!) know the rules of this game, and it looks like THEY are eating US!"
Zombie2 - "Is that a chunk of lung you just coughed up? DIBS!"

edit on 2011/3/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes, and believe me, my coffee has been considered poisonous by some!!!!

I just hope the Zombies aren't really into eating brains...
If they crack open my crock they may discover them's some pretty slim pickins in there lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I have an XDM .45 w/ Winchester PDX1 I'd use as my primary and a functional hand and a half sword I'd have for close encounters and/or back up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I know how to make injection darts for the blowguns so prevalent these days. It seems a waste of perfectly good coffee to just pour it on them, and a smaller dose injected directly into their jugulars from afar might be a better option - leaves more coffee in the pot for us to drink, and avoids the up close and personal danger that their virus might present!

Stock up on hypodermics, rubber bands, paper clips, razor blades (or a reasonable facsimile) and fishooks. I'll be over at coffee time.

You got a good point there about injection darts...up close and personal is not what one wants to be when dealing with zombies!
If the zombie SHTF happens, I'll be loaded for bear!
All ATS'ers welcome over for coffee ..
It's Coffeetime Anytime in my neck of the woods!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
Treadmills.

I'm going to surround my house with outward facing treadmills.

You guys are REALLY making my day!!! Keep em commin!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join