It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool computer program...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Download Jing! I've seen a lot of threads without pictures and people saying "Sorry for no pictures i don't have the right software". Well click on the link above to download an awesome program that lets you take exact pictures of anything on your screen. Example:

But you can do more than just take pics. You can make videos and edit your pictures. Example:

I thought jing was a cool program for the people who can't include pictures.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Well click on the link above to download an awesome program that lets you take exact pictures of anything on your screen.

Or you can just take a screen shot (Alt + Print Screen), open up paint in Windows, and paste into paint. It's pretty simple to crop and rotate, and then save as a .jpg. Not sure why someone would need to download software to do that? Unless I'm missing something

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
you will always get some ideot who sh%t on what you say.
I like the idea, thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Apart from having to register with screencast to use it, the swf capture in the basic version seems good for simple web recording, to show people things etc - but the image storing I'll stick with Screengrab! - the FireFox addon, which allows you to grab a rectangle, a window or the entire web page/frame and either copy it to clipboard or save it as a png - much better than printscreen for when you want to capture an entire webpage in one click.

I just tried capturing video from my dtvb stick and it failed miserably, but for web demo's looks interesting and no need to load up camtasia and fiddle with codecs...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
you will always get some ideot who sh%t on what you say.
I like the idea, thank you.

Way to live up to your username there champ!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yep, printscreen -> mpaint. Or... you can get Irfanview. Absolute Freeware. It's my favorite program for viewing images, and taking screenshots.

Neat feature it has is you can set up a hotkey for the screenshot, and have Irfanview automatically save them to a folder. Or you can set up a timer to take them at specific intervals, but I've never used that feature, and I'm not sure why you would, unless you were just taking highlights of a video clip?

But ya, with a hotkey set up, there's no opening up mspaint and all that nonsense. Save directly to folder. Heck, I'll put up a screenshot of the options.

~Aura~

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

True, but this can...wow your right...

new topics

join