It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear panic in Japan may be over-hyped.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
here's more fuel on the fire .....

As of December 2009
Important Topic Updates
, there are 35,688 U.S. military personnel stationed in Japan and another 5,500 American civilians employed there by the United States Department of Defense. The United States Seventh Fleet is based in Yokosuka. The 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force (III MEF) is based in Okinawa. 130 USAF fighters are stationed in the Misawa Air Base and Kadena Air Base.

* Army: 2,541
* Navy: 3,740
* Air Force: 12,398
* Marines: 17,009
* Total: 35,688

en.wikipedia.org...

www.jca.apc.org...

Where's all the "help" ??????????

The Seventh Fleet is the United States Navy's permanent forward projection force based in Yokosuka, Japan, with units positioned near South Korea and Japan. It is a component fleet force under the United States Pacific Fleet. At present it is the largest of the forward-deployed U.S. fleets, with 50–60 ships, 350 aircraft and 60,000 Navy and Marine Corps personnel. With the support of its Task Force Commanders, it has three major assignments:

en.wikipedia.org...

7th Fleet Postures Forces following Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
By U.S. 7th Fleet Public Affairs
SINGAPORE - There have been no injuries of any U.S. 7th Fleet personnel, and no serious damage to 7th Fleet assets reported following the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan on March 11.

Ships in port at Command Fleet Activities Yokosuka stationed line handlers to make adjustments as the water level changed in Yokosuka harbor. No damage has been reported to any of the ships.

Ships at Naval Base Guam initiated personnel recalls, and are standing by to adjust lines, during changes in sea level in anticipation of the forecasted tsunami.

www.public.navy.mil...

Who's doing What here ???? extra DIV

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Initially i thought that was a great idea, but then i wondered if something that cold going on to something as hot as the fuel rods that it may lead to an explosion. No idea if my thinking is right on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Tucker's statement

"Once the reactor has shut down, there remains "decay heat" from traces of other radioactive isotopes. This can take more than a week to cool down, and the rods must be continually bathed in cooling waters to keep them from overheating. "

Ironic; doesn't he know that the reactor rods and spent material storage have either been partly or entirely without water for hours at a time for days?

I call BS on that guy.
edit on 17-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join