It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scenario Discussion: Mass Exodus- 100% of Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
IF...And I am saying IF...

There had to be a mass exodus from Japan, where would they go?

I'm not saying it will happen (probably 1% chance, I don't really know) but if the worse case scenario happened and Japan became uninhabitable in its entirety and I mean NO ONE could live there, anywhere on the entire Island, where would they go?

I was just having this discussion with my Korean wife and she thought they would all try to go to the West.

My thoughts are that many Japanese will not want to leave Asia and would try to take up residence in Korea, China, Taiwan and India among others. This in itself brings about many other problems of assimilation.

I also thought of Africa being a choice because of land mass and a possibility of bringing wealth and technology to the Continent. This may be an incentive for Africa to take them in. Also may be seen as an invasion (Forced Occupation?) as it would look exactly like that.

In any case, it would be the largest migration in history I think. But most definitely it would re-write the Government roles and wealth distribution of the Globe.

As this thing keeps getting worse, I was wondering if any other people here have had this thought and what their opinions were?

Now I know a lot of people will pipe in here with "It Will Never Happen...You're Crazy!"

Please refer to my first word...IF!

Just looking for a discussion on the subject assuming it was a done deal, not a discussion on how it can't happen.

Thanx

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They would go to wherever they can.
Which today would be.. All around the world.

Perhaps some Countries would open policies for the Japanese people, which would most likely turn into Japanese ghettos.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Somehow i say America...

Im not sure why or how they'd get there but thats my vote...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
IF the Japanese migrate to Africa its inevident that the economy and technology would skyrocket in africa. Maybe Africa will look like New Mombassa like they displayed in Halo:3 ODST. This could be a theory to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There is a lot of land here in Australia. Only much of it is uninhabitable. There other thing is this - what if we did fit them all here? They would be the majority and this would no longer be Australia, it would be Japan.

I think most citizens of most nations would entertain similar thoughts.

If it happens, good luck to them but they may well not be able to evacuate at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HeldHostage14

My thoughts would be Africa would see a quick rise to a World Power. Technology, Brain Power and a work force number of a billion people that would welcome a chance to rise out of poverty. Not 100% but enough I would think.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hopefully some of the hot women will come to London

2nd
edit on 16-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Yeah but 3/4 of Australia is uninhabitable and we are already excrediably strained by infrastructure that is disintergrating as it is. Housing already is in very short supply. We just don't have the capacity to take so many people in in.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I thought about Australia but in my opinion, I still see a lot wanting to stay in Asia. Africa would be my second choice as it would be richer in resources.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

My thoughts would be Africa would see a quick rise to a World Power. Technology, Brain Power and a work force number of a billion people that would welcome a chance to rise out of poverty. Not 100% but enough I would think.

Yes Africa will be written in the books for the quikest economy built. Afterall Africa is rich in resources but they dont know what to do with it other than sell. Japan will change the whole scheme of things and will spread the ideas of there country capitalizing everything. A good and bad scenario

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Africa and the Japan? Will not mix; the two cultures are so far apart. Even Japan's culture is very different to China.

Keep in mind, since the Tsunami of Japan, not one single Japanese person was found looting, not one! What does that tell you? We had them in CHCH, we had them in QLD and after Hurricaine Katrina.

North Korea is a good possibility.....if we could get rid of that despot there!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
A Russian Ultrantionalist named Zhirinovsky had offered the Japanese to come to Russia

en.rian.ru...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

sorry i think i replied to the wrong person
this is what i was saying in other forums etc...........worse case scenario

If the reactors get worse and radiate the whole area they wont be able to return for a long time....... thats alot of people .

edit on 16-3-2011 by thedevos1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I had actually talked about NK with my wife. Not a bad idea if they could lay down 100 yrs of hatred towards each other. Too close to China I think for both cultures. Cool scenario tho. What a game changer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If this were to happen, it would be fairly possible for it to be the end of the Japanese people. If they left and assimilated into another country and culture they would eventually end up interbreeding and would eventually breed out pure blooded Japanese people because they would no longer have the culture that they once had, as nothing would be "theirs" anymore. That island is the Japanese people, their home, their culture and what defines them as a race on this planet.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
A Russian Ultrantionalist named Zhirinovsky had offered the Japanese to come to Russia

en.rian.ru...

And again I had thought about that scenario also. What a powerhouse that would be! I don't think there is enough habitable land near the coast tho. Japanese people are typically dependent on the Ocean.

And to add to this, could you imagine the powerhouse Russia would become? Next to China? I shudder to think of the outcome.
edit on 16-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

how would this be possible? The whole Japanese race will be moving. The japanese race will be the same possibly bigger than it is today. Just because they move their country doesnt mean they will lose the population. Like immigrants moving to America they dont have to imbreed.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeldHostage14
reply to post by Skewed

how would this be possible? The whole Japanese race will be moving. The japanese race will be the same possibly bigger than it is today. Just because they move their country doesnt mean they will lose the population. Like immigrants moving to America they dont have to imbreed.

Would they all be going to the same place? If not, then that will only spread them thinner all over the place. Where is there enough uninhabited land where they could in fact move their entire culture without competition from another culture? If by chance they were to come to the US they would be forced to assimilate into our culture while their culture slowly fades away. Yes you would see places like China town and the likes, but it still is not the same. Unless of course we set aside some land strictly for them to call New Japan and allow them to recreate their own culture, laws and lifestyle. It has been done before in America and how many true blooded Native Americans are there now, not many in comparison to what it was. I am not saying it would be a planned and thought out scenario by TPTB to do away with the Japanese race, I think it would naturally happen on its own. In order for any species on this planet to survive there must always be a critical mass in order for the species to sustain itself. If it falls below that critical mass the species will inevitably go extinct. Same principal here except only on a particular race. If they split up it will break up the required critical mass. Polar and panda bears, as far as I know have fallen below their critical mass which is why they are on a downward spiral with little to no hope of ever recovering.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Think of this if you will... We caused the Tsunami, but more specifically the raditation disaster, to give the Japanese a reason to evacuate their present location. What the hell am I talking about right?? Im getting there.

You all know that we have quite a bit of beef with China and friends. If a major war ever broke out between China and America, it would truly be the West vs. the East. A for real biblical war.

Now, say this war was to happen.
Lets say that we surgically strike a reactor that is making worrisome amounts of enriched uranium.

NK then proceeds to shell Seol, completely leveling it within 20 min.
We then respond ,by launching an amphibious assault on NK from either shoreline, with the stated intent to remove the "crazy dictator".
You all know how that works, im sure.

China will NEVER allow America to control a territory that is kitty corner to PROC territory, never. It is why they fought in the Korean war.

If this war that I am talking about ever happened, China would immediately launch an attack on Japan to remove the US NAVY from its eastern flank.
Very logical considering the combat power of even one carrier fleet.
Now, Japan is tough and all, but they simply cannot resist the Mandarin flood that would hit them in this event.

So, we cause a disaster that makes it necessary for the Japanese to evacuate their country. Why?

If the Japanese started leaving en masse to avoid the coming invasion BEFORE the first shot is fired, the Chinese will immediately know what the game is, and attack with great effect.

We need the Japanese on our side if this Illiad were to ever occur.
So, we commited a terrible crime, to save our allies from an even more terrible situation.
I am sure many of you know the kind of hatred that the Chinese harbor towards the Japanese. We can't let Mao's boys get ahold of them.

think about it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Russia is not the answer either......the RED MAFYA (Mafia) would be all over them like a rash!

If the Japanese were to lave in mass exodus they would have to have their own independant nation or overtake one similar to their in region. I'm sure the Japanese military are quite capable of taking over North Korea if they REALLY wanted it so but then China comes in to play.

I'm thinking there is a small part of Russia just over the ditch (sea of japan) from Japan and borders with China and North Korea....perfect place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join