It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Debunkers....

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Your average "Chemtrailer" will believe in ALL weird conspiracies just because it is more evidnce that "they" are out to get us. They believe in HAARP and that Elenin is Planet X and everyone in the world with a brain is covering it all up. Never mind the proven science behind why contrails persist because they have a YouTube video of a large chemtrail with a plane next to it leaving no contrail. PROOF!!!!

One day some under-grad at MIT will work out the temporal mechanics of time travel but the board of directors, after reading the thesis, will ask if the under-graduate has a YouTube video to back up his research.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Logman because: grammar

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Your average "Chemtrailer" will believe in ALL weird conspiracies just because it is more evidnce that "they" are out to get us. They believe in HAARP and that Elenin is Planet X and everyone in the world with a brain is covering it all up. Never mind the proven science behind why contrails persist because they have a YouTube video of a large chemtrail with a plane next to it leaving no contrail. PROOF!!!! One day some under-grad at MIT will work out the temporal mechanics of time travel but the board of directors, after reading the thesis, will ask if the under-graduate has a YouTube video to back up his research.

Nothing personal because it's not just you, but is there a debunker class on how to make a**h**e-ish sarcastic and dismissive comments? Because you all seem to be really good at it and fall back on them quite often. Some may even have a grad degree in it

edit on 11-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Logman

Your average "Chemtrailer" will believe in ALL weird conspiracies just because it is more evidnce that "they" are out to get us. They believe in HAARP and that Elenin is Planet X and everyone in the world with a brain is covering it all up. Never mind the proven science behind why contrails persist because they have a YouTube video of a large chemtrail with a plane next to it leaving no contrail. PROOF!!!! One day some under-grad at MIT will work out the temporal mechanics of time travel but the board of directors, after reading the thesis, will ask if the under-graduate has a YouTube video to back up his research.

Nothing personal because it's not just you, but is there a debunker class on how to make a**h**e-ish sarcastic and dismissive comments? Because you all seem to be really good at it and fall back on them quite often. Some may even have a grad degree in it

edit on 11-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

Well, but its true. You can look at any chemtrail board, or any section dealing with chemtrails, and you fill find most every other conspiracy associated with it. Whether its some mythical planet of niburu, or Reptilians involved in chemtrails, or magical sylphs fighting the chemtrails, or the NWO controlling the planes, or orgone quackery, HAARP, etc, all those get lumped into it.

Dont blame the debunkers, just because the chemtrailers can also throw in there every other conspriracy they can think of, and do not have any kind of coherency to it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Well to be fair I think Matty was coming to some coherent idea....but I think he realised he couldn't actually defend it when he started accepting that commercial passenger aircraft aren't involved - he still faced the same questions about military and cargo aircraft, and an additional pressure in that whatever his reasons were for discounting passenger ones (I don't think he ever actually gave them) probably applied to those other classes.

So he went off to geo-engineering.....and on that topic there's plenty of real evidence supporting the existance of study....because it's not actually secret......and when he starts saying there's a secret agenda it's back to the same questions and he's got the same problem that whatever his reasons for excluding passenger aircraft ....

So, basically, IMO when a chemtrailer starts to accept ANY actual, real evidence the whole thing falls appart - hence they have to discount ALL such evidence.....which leaves them open to accepting everything going on any conspiracy front.

this New Zealand site is one of my favourites for accepting anything and everything - needless to say anything I post in the comments there doesn't see the light of day!

Northland Chemtrail Watch

and there's a matching "debunker" site of a guy who lives in the same place & likes to identify the flights/couds that are supposedly poisoning him:

Contrails Northland

edit on 12-4-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: crappy spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Well, but its true. You can look at any chemtrail board, or any section dealing with chemtrails, and you fill find most every other conspiracy associated with it. Whether its some mythical planet of niburu, or Reptilians involved in chemtrails, or magical sylphs fighting the chemtrails, or the NWO controlling the planes, or orgone quackery, HAARP, etc, all those get lumped into it. Dont blame the debunkers, just because the chemtrailers can also throw in there every other conspriracy they can think of,

Aside from the (again dismissive) use of words like "mythical", "Magical", "quackery" I can't disagree with you too much on that. However (and it must just be a character trait thing because this isn't limited to chemtrail threads) you guys don't have to be so rude, sarcastic, and dismissive. Regardless of validity or invalidity, you (in the plural not singular) don't have to be such jerks about it. Or maybe you do. Perhaps it's just a compulsion. "Must make fun of everything I don't agree with. Can't stop. Can't help myself." Or it could be an addiction, "Mmmmm....ridicule."
edit on 12-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: last line

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I've been nothing but polite to the OP of this thread, however (in another thread) he accused me of being a disinfo agent -- seemingly simply because I disagreed with him. He didn't want to debate me on the facts I presented, so he simply attacked me and wrote me off as irrelevant due to my supposed "disinfo agent" status...

...So what you are saying should cut both ways.
edit on 4/12/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I've been nothing but polite to the OP of this thread, however (in another thread) he accused me of being a disinfo agent -- seemingly simply because I disagreed with him. He didn't want to debate me on the facts I presented, so he simply attacked me and wrote me off as irrelevant due to my supposed "disinfo agent" status... ...So what you are saying should cut both ways.

I agree, and I'm not leveling any personal accusations with this. I've just noticed that in general there is a lot of ridicule of ideas that debunkers don't agree with. As if it's not enough to say that they disagree with it and why quite a few feel the need to make fun of, denigrate, or dismiss entirely with judgmental and sarcastic comments. There are also those on the "believer" side that do it as well but not as many and not as often. There are also debunkers that are polite and simply state they disagree without feeling the need to make fun of others but not as many and not as often.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I think the "believers" insulting behaviour is often much more subtle - for many "debunkers" there mere fact that someone says we should believe in magical sylphs, or magnifying HAARP, depopulation campaigns, etc., is insulting our intelligence right from the get-go.

A lot of debunking posts are expressions of sheer frustration at the inconsistency, the mis-reading, the partial quoting, and what we see as general dishonesty of the whole chemtrail meme.

I don't think there's any less bad vibes coming from beleivers - there are a couple on here who regularly make posts that do nothing but accuse debunkers of being liars, shills, dis-info agents, ignorant, etc. - ie posts that are pure personal abuse.

Many such posts get pulled, but there's plenty left
edit on 12-4-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I've just noticed that in general there is a lot of ridicule of ideas that debunkers don't agree with. As if it's not enough to say that they disagree with it and why quite a few feel the need to make fun of, denigrate, or dismiss entirely with judgmental and sarcastic comments.

Here is a few quotes from some of our chemtrailers..

You obviously don't know what respect is or what open-minded objective scientific research is.

and this...

Get up off your arse and do your own research, some of us are just trying to help you. Why? I don't have a clue.

also this...

It should not be deemed false or a hoax and tainted by the biased opinions of government shills and dis-info agents. Before anyone has a chance to review it for them self.

So now you might understand the way debunkers act toward chemtrailers. I did not say who made these quotes because it is not who said it, but what was said.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Ok. I already agreed that the same rules should apply to people on both sides. This particular phenomenon is not just limited to chemtrail threads but since this is in one of those threads, compare the quotes you picked above with these from the debunkers. Notice a difference in tone and words used? Notice the high degree of ridicule?

My speculation on the topic is that the chemtrail hoax was invented by people who did actually think there was something going on and were worried about it. By this time it had all become a bit like a religion - no longer is evidence required - everything is now accepted on faith and faith alone. Indeed factual evidence is seen as a sign of weakness -

He posts such obvious rubbish that he can't possibly actually believe it.

Turns out this is a typical chemtrail thread, full of misinterpreted, straw clutching crap.

Here's one for you worrying types that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Of course I think it is drivel like every other chemtrail theory...but I don't need to be sarcastic to say that - I am perfectly happy using plain language to do so

Some people just don't think things through As I said, sometimes it helps to do a bit of research on basic meteorology before making things up

In fact I'm sure I made a similar suggestion some years ago. I know it had something to do with the alien cheese miners on the Moon. Makes more sense that a lot of the suggestions folk keep coming up with!

Show us ONE, or you can persist in a delusion. Show us how this result is measured, observed and chronicled or persist in your pathetic delusions

No thank you. I consider your mindset to be paranoid and fear-mongering.

I'm afraid someone who believes in "chemtrails" might someday teach my grandchildren science.

The first time I ever heard of this line of loopy thinking, I recall imagining the origin of the conspiracy in some dude's (you know it HAS to have been a male!) misapprehension of a little factoid his mother told him, confusing the term "contrail" with "chemtrail," and thereby germinating a silly meme over many years, until today, where people honestly buy into this idea without any evidence.

Perhaps you are showing how gullible you are by blindly swallowing any piece of information which seems to confirm your view without first even reading it all the way through? Which is it? Are you just plain ignorant or a government employee?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Finding posts where someone has been insulted is easy - comparing selected posts as if they were some sort of representative sample and represent soem sort of evidence is silly.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Finding posts where someone has been insulted is easy - comparing selected posts as if they were some sort of representative sample and represent soem sort of evidence is silly.

Are you referencing this to me or THsurfer or both? I merely was responding to his quotes.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

both - and all of us....I made a list showing some unsavory remarks by believers and then realised it was just a [SNIP] exercise...

So I've asked the moderators to remove all the posts about who is nastier to who.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

edit on 4/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Mod notes & Edit

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

both - and all of us....I made a list showing some unsavory remarks by believers and then realised it was just a "[snip] exercise... So I've asked the moderators to remove all the posts about who is nastier to who.

Agreed. And a wise request.
edit on 4/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: snipped quoted text

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

www.whatintheworldaretheyspraying.com this will put all debunkers to rest. This is the biggest non secret there is . They admit right in govt that this is a matter of public record so lets not post anymore crap about chemtrails since there a matter of public record and are fact. Debunkers get a freekin life

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiancatfoodforcrocadi

...whatintheworldaretheyspraying...

Is a pack of LIES!

Get educated. HERE:

contrailscience.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiancatfoodforcrocadi

Unfortunately no.

I got the chemist from the show to come talk to us. In the end the thread got closed with no explanation other than "under review".... I guess it will be so forever...

Here's my thread on the video with the actual chemist: thread link.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiancatfoodforcrocadi

www.whatintheworldaretheyspraying.com this will put all debunkers to rest. This is the biggest non secret there is . They admit right in govt that this is a matter of public record so lets not post anymore crap about chemtrails since there a matter of public record and are fact. Debunkers get a freekin life

No, that video is the biggest bunch of junk science there is. Your last sentence should be changed to " chemtrailers, get a science education, so you do not fall for silly mocumentarys"

Here is a hint- you will find aluminum in some form, in any soil sample that you take, anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiancatfoodforcrocadi

www.whatintheworldaretheyspraying.com this will put all debunkers to rest. This is the biggest non secret there is . They admit right in govt that this is a matter of public record so lets not post anymore crap about chemtrails since there a matter of public record and are fact.

no they don't and not they aren't - at least not in the version that I waste my precious time watching.

All it was was people saysing "they" are doing it, and not presenting any credible evidence whatsoever - talking heads and "tests" that were long ago shown to be rubbish.

Debunkers get a freekin life

I have a life - I've been in commercial aviation for 35+ years, and chemtrails can't exist unless I know about it - I have worked for airlines that have made persistant contrails, for maintenance organisations that maintain engines anf fuel components, for government regulatory agencies - and as far as I'm concerned chemtrails are a fantasy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

If chemtrails were real, then where in the heck is it safe for to the pilots live? Where would their friends and family live? If chemtrails were real, you'd have to vaccinate a ton of people that do the spray jobs, not to mention their family members too (unless they are being sacrificed) You'd have to sneak it into their drinks at family reunions or Thanksgiving dinner. You cannot keep that big of a secret when that many people are involved. You might be able to get some retard fly a plane around for a baseball or a little bit of money and then have evil secret agent remote control the "super scary" chemicals to come out, but then again, how can a retard fly a plane in the first place? Halve eww seen ma basebaw?

And the same goes for that orgonite crap. It's just a bunch of rocks, metal shavings and fiberglass resin thrown together. It emits no radio frequencies, energy, etc. nor does it absorb any. It does nothing. So how in the heck could it bust a cloud or dissolve a chemtrail/contrail?

There may have been a few military experiments in the past/present, but to try and alter the weather on a massive scale or to poison thousands of people? Come on. Yeah I know about HAARP but that's different.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join