It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqi Daily Newspaper al-Sabah Reports Three Nuclear Warheads Found

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
PurdueNuc, perhaps the best argument is this is a bogus report that got you all hot and bothered.

KhieuSamphan, yes the right is not known for its cerebral and circumspect thought process.

If people think weapons were transfered to Syria, Jordan, Iran or others, isn't that a VERY strong argument why we should have NEVER started this war with Iraq? Prior to that any WMDs that might have existed would have been contained in the hands of this selfish egotist, Saddam. He would probably never have shared anything with anyone who would take glory from himself.

Edit grammar.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by slank]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
NEIN is reporting the find on its website.

This could get interesting, if true, depending on who made the warhead and the age will depend alot.

Old USSR stock sold on the black market?
North Korean or Chinese?
Pakistani or Indian?
Iran.

If its Iranian or North Korean, I would say these countries will have a problem in the near future!

john

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Denials from the US military now:

Washington Times:
A U.S. military spokesman in Tikrit told United Press International the report was untrue.

"Nothing's been found. The report is not factual," said Master Sgt. Robert Cowens, a spokesman for the 1st Infantry Division, based in Tikrit.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Iraqi Interior Ministry is also saying its untrue.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We've got rebuttals from Reuters and Washington Times...seems like someone cried "Wolf"....

un-bias report like Al-Jazeera

Oh man, I about cracked up on that one, hehe....
Don't do that to me when I'm drinking coffee.....!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cry wolf, I think not. It's more like, "Don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain", if you ask me. The truth will reveal itself. Some people just can't handle the truth. The simple fact is that we let this poppycock grab-ass go on too long and now look what we have.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I loved what the Iraqi Interior Ministry had to say about the report:

Reuters

Asked by Reuters about the report, a spokesman at the Interior Ministry said: "It's stupid."

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Forgive me for fuelling this but wasn't there reports of nuclear and chemical materials being smuggled into Iraq by unknown elements of US forces.

I may be mistaken if i am plz ignore, if im not then doesn't it match up speaking theoretically.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Forgive me for fuelling this but wasn't there reports of nuclear and chemical materials being smuggled into Iraq by unknown elements of US forces.

It seems that US is not yet publicize the great discovery. Is it possible they have not yet erased the evidence that they are smuggled in and possibly manufactured by US? Not October yet, so we all still have to wait.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah, be very convienient for Mr Bush and my own 'ilustrious' [cough] Furher[cough] Tony 'The LapDog' Bliar and his party of crooks and highwaymen.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
More info on claim...

www.washtimes.com...

Respects,

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Judging from backchannel chatter (you will see references to this topic in various armed forces internal publications and discussion forums), thousands of WMDs have been located and secured in Iraq since the first days of the invasion.

However, there is a news blackout on this matter (embedded reporters have spiked many stories on this), since disclosure of any information on WMDs not only jeopardizes recovery efforts, but may result in some of these weapons falling into the wrong hands (although admittedly, several already have). As with any "secret" of this magnitude, leaks will occur, which are plugged through denials and disinformation techniques. We will see this here, as well.

The locations, descriptions and disposition of alll WMDs discovered in Iraq are being documented and will be reported later. Whether this will be part of an "October surprise" package remains to be seen.

Of course, I offer no proof whatsoever of any of this, and refer skeptics to my signature.

We are all free to believe what we will, subject to the degree to which we submit that freedom to the manipulation of others.

If you want to believe that there are no WMDs in Iraq, you are free to do so. The truth is that Iraq is crawling with them, and most of them have not been recovered.

Whether or not the truth will ever be made public about Iraqi WMDs is an open question. If it is not publicly revealed, it would not be the first time such information was kept out of the media spotlight. Anyone who was on the ground for Operation Urgent Fury, 21 years ago, knows precisely what I'm talking about.

Edit: To add signature, since it doesn't appear in this format.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
signature
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I POST.
Anyone who actually knows anything won't say a damn thing about it.
The best disinformation is that which is almost completely true.
The only thing you can be sure of is that you can never really be sure of anything.
ADMIT IGNORANCE. Then do something about it.
The time to panic is when you begin to understand.

[edit on 7/21/2004 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
We've got rebuttals from Reuters and Washington Times...seems like someone cried "Wolf"....

un-bias report like Al-Jazeera

Oh man, I about cracked up on that one, hehe....
Don't do that to me when I'm drinking coffee.....!!!

Ok, let me help you not get coffee squirt out of your nose next time. I said that because Al-Jazeera, though they are biased toward anything Arab, will confirm themselves if that story is true since they are not funded by the coalition while still saying 'but the U.S. are stupid infidels anyways, WMD or not'. That should be better for you to swallow.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ummm, Majic, your signature is making more sense to me. Are the aliens helping to secure and hide the WMDs? The whitehouse knows about a single WMD and isn't sharing it? They are politically suicidal?

Biological and i believe chemical weapons degrade over time and have to be refreshed to remain potent. Nuclear also works better with refreshed triggers. Iraq has had restrictied trade with the world for about a decade. Inspectors were there for years hunting down and destroying WMDs after the Persian-Gulf war. Iraq has more adversaries than allies surronding it. Trying to maintain or create stockpiles of chems and bios while being scrutinized and occasionally rocketed would be difficult at best.

That dog won't hunt.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodbucs
If what he said is true about the Iraqi news paper being funded by the coalition then you have to take that with a grain of salt until some other arab news companies with an un-bias report like Al-Jazeera confirm of these WMD found in Tikrit.

Err....Al Jazeera unbiased? You are kidding right? Al Jazeera has been found to be a pro-terrorist newspaper, what makes you think they are going to be un-biased?........ Quite a few countries have found reporters from Al Jazeera stationed and ready in an area where a terrorist act was going to happen. They knew before hand what would happen. The newspaper is pro-terrorist...
I do not understand why anyone would take the word from Al Jazeera....it would be like taking the word from a terrorist.....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Finding 3 nukes if true still does not justify an invasion in my mind. Yet it does take pressure off of Bush's reasoning for going to war.

Why did they not use them if they have/had them? They are not real? Iraq was not really Evil? They did not work? Hidden in hopes to use latter?

Seriously if Saddam has/had nukes why did he not use them in defence of his country?

How were some big short ranged missles going to threaten the United States? If that it cause for going to war for having any type nuke then we have a lot of countries to invade... Were going to need to raise taxes heh.

Saddam had shown in the past that he would invade other countries, including any US interests, also Saddam had threaten to use terrorism against the US, one of the things he did was pay off the families of suicide bombers that would kill any Jewish people or Americans.

Saddam wmd were probably still not that many, maybe i am wrong and he did have a lot. According to the 1999 UN reports there were hundreds of tons of biological and chemical warfare agents that suddenly could not be accounted for in Iraq, they were not destroyed and nowhere to be found, so what happened to them?

When Saddam realized that the coalition was after him nomatter what Russia, France, Germany and China said, he realized it was better to follow the plan the Russians had given him in case something like this happened. He hid, sold, traded and dismantled as many factories and wmd as possible. It seems that some were left behind, probably because he had quite a few of them.

We are not going after every country that has wmd.....we are going after countries that are current sponsors of terrorism and have proven to be a threat to our allies in the Middle East and to the US.

How did Saddam present a direct threat to the US? The Russians themselves have acknowledged that Saddam was involved in bringing terrorism to the US, althou it seems he was not "directly" involved in 9/11.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Ummm, Majic, your signature is making more sense to me. Are the aliens helping to secure and hide the WMDs? The whitehouse knows about a single WMD and isn't sharing it? They are politically suicidal?

Biological and i believe chemical weapons degrade over time and have to be refreshed to remain potent. Nuclear also works better with refreshed triggers. Iraq has had restrictied trade with the world for about a decade. Inspectors were there for years hunting down and destroying WMDs after the Persian-Gulf war. Iraq has more adversaries than allies surronding it. Trying to maintain or create stockpiles of chems and bios while being scrutinized and occasionally rocketed would be difficult at best.

That dog won't hunt.

Actually, you can store biological and chemical weapons, if properly stored they can be effective for quite some time, nuclear weapons are another matter.

I agree, and have said in the past, that we are waiting to bring to the public all evidence at once, so that noone can say, "there were/are no wmd in Iraq."

It is also true that making these public as we find them, will make it easier for terrorists to somehow procure one, or two of these, so its better to keep them underwraps until most, if not all, are secure.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
We are not going after every country that has wmd.....we are going after countries that are current sponsors of terrorism and have proven to be a threat to our allies in the Middle East and to the US.

If that was the truth than why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia? Huge sponsor of terrorism, and last time I looked our "main" allies in the middle east are better explained as being convenient friends. Bush decided to go into Iraq before he went into office. There are much bigger fish in the middle east when it comes to terrorism and we call most of them our friends.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by rustiswordz

It seems that US is not yet publicize the great discovery. Is it possible they have not yet erased the evidence that they are smuggled in and possibly manufactured by US? Not October yet, so we all still have to wait.

You will most probably find a tag saying, "Made in China" or "Made in Russia" or "Made in North Korea" rather than the US.
All our nuclear weapons are still accounted for, none have mysteriously dissapear, so better look someplace else for the makers of these wmd.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
All our nuclear weapons are still accounted for, none have mysteriously dissapear, so better look someplace else for the makers of these wmd.

Did you count them your self? Would it be hard for the CIA or other agency to buy a nuke? What would it take to erase all the paperwork on one of our stockpiled nukes and remove it? Or better yet, what about one of the nukes we "destroyed" in a stock pile downsizing? There are 1001 ways to skin a cat, dont' pretend it's not skinable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join