It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqi Daily Newspaper al-Sabah Reports Three Nuclear Warheads Found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The UPI has picked up a story by the Iraqi daily newspaper al-Sabah that has said in an unconfirmed report that three missiles were found with nuclear warheads mounted. The missiles were alledgedly hidden in bunker near the city of Tikrit.

interestalert.com
"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The al-Sabah daily paper is said to be funded by the coalition and it may be considered biased in its reporting. The interest lies in the pick-up of this unverified story by a news organization like UPI and the timing of the Interim Iraqi governments request to have the UN WMD inspectors return to Iraq.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
But but! Iraq didnt have any WMD! It's been proven!!

Can't wait for the Bush haters to try and debunk this one.

Story is also mirrored at:

washingtontimes.com...

[edit on 21-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If what he said is true about the Iraqi news paper being funded by the coalition then you have to take that with a grain of salt until some other arab news companies with an un-bias report like Al-Jazeera confirm of these WMD found in Tikrit.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh, I can't wait to hear the theories on this one. Here, let me save you guys some trouble:

They were planted by the US to give Bush a boost in the polls!

They are real, but they were found a while ago and they were saved until it looked like Bush needed a boost!

The CIA planted them to save their skins and get more funding!

Bush is evil! (that's the entire argument)

It doesn't matter, the war is still about oil!

It's all propaganda invented by the Bush administration!

Any other theories I missed? Please, Bush-haters, share with us your thoughts!

(note: this is assuming that the reports are true... awaiting confirmation)

[edit on 7/21/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Interesting. I guess we have to wait to see if it's confirmed. It's 3pm GMT, so if it was published in a daily newspaper in Iraq, the story is about 6-10 hours old by now. No word on BBC or Reuters yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This would be good news, but we have to wait and see the validity, and the reports after tests are done.

Just a couple of weeks ago the Polish troops claimed a significant WMD find which turned out to be less than originally reported.

Any weapon (Nuclear Biological Chemical) found will be one less threat that the world will have to deal with and that is a good thing. What isn't good is the constant bashing back and forth from the left and right trying to one up the other in this serious situation.

No matter how many WMD's are found in Iraq the left will cry "it's not enough", and the right will cry "there's the smoking gun", come on it's getting old.

Let's just hope that all potential WMD's are found and destroyed so the world can be one step closer to safety, we should all be in agreement on this.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ah yes, this is interesting. Saddam & company must not have had enough time to get these bad boys outta Iraq before the invasion. No doubt much more in the way of WMD's will continue to be uncovered in Iraq as time goes on, likely for years to come. And certainly all of it will have been planted by the CIA, matter of fact, wonder if Bush has an alibi? He probably personally delivered these missiles/warheads to Iraq over the July 4th holiday

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The tone of some posters, not just on this messageboard, regarding this story is already verging on smugness.

I for one just don't know what to believe anymore...anything is possible now it seems.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Geez, it's sooooooo obvious guys.....

The WMD's were purchased by the Illuminati, transported secretly by Wackenhut from Syria to Tikrit, and were placed there by seniors of the NWO. This is to keep 'bonesman' Bush in the Whitehouse, and to alleviate pressures on Tony Blair to resign. The ongoing skirmish between the Nordics and the Greys is spiralling out of control, and Sadam, under mind control by CIA RV'ers, was merely a tool to deliver warheads over the boarder to Iran to be used in a Russian-Chinese coup against the US before the November elections, this being spearheaded by a North & South Korean coalition.

Don't you people know anything?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If this is true I would say it would be as much of a WMD as you can get and could not see anyone still trying to argue that the war was under false pretences. If the US really wanted to plant stuff there it would have been done along time ago. You have to take into account how much area there is to cover in Iraq and how easy it is to hide a warhead or move it to another country when you get 6 months or more warning before action is taking.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Its been reported in the past that Iraq had moved its weapons programs to Libya after Gulf I so if that pans out as true it would explain abscence of infrastructure in Iraq inself and the possible discovery of finished weapons - none the less I am taking this with a giant grain of salt at the moment.

The quick major press coverage of a minor daily newspaper from Iraq is very interesting, wonder if they were tipped by someone to jump on this......hmmmm

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Whoa so timely to find something just before elections, and do they have pictures?

I can't wait for bid-landen to pop up anytime soon.

I wonder if just another hoax.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
The tone of some posters, not just on this messageboard, regarding this story is already verging on smugness.

I for one just don't know what to believe anymore...anything is possible now it seems.

Honestly, if in fact this is true, that nuclear missiles have been found, buried under 18 feet of concrete, in addition to the numerous finds in the recent past of chemical/biological weaponry in Iraq, would one not conclude that something in the way of WMD's have been turning up in Iraq? C'mon, and reality is, Iraq is a rather large geographical area, and it is my belief there is much more to come in the way of finding WMD's, or traces and proof of such, as time passes, not to mention the quantities of WMD's already proven to have been spirited to Syria. Puhleaze!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's not Wackenhut, it's Fingerhut. The catalog is actually a sectret comunication system.

Seriously, I think this one needs to be treated with a huge pile of salt untill more info comes out.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Finding 3 nukes if true still does not justify an invasion in my mind. Yet it does take pressure off of Bush's reasoning for going to war.

Why did they not use them if they have/had them? They are not real? Iraq was not really Evil? They did not work? Hidden in hopes to use latter?

Seriously if Saddam has/had nukes why did he not use them in defence of his country?

I think at best these may end up being failed attempts at making nukes that could go back years and years. Or maybe "dirty bombs".

How were some big short ranged missles going to threaten the United States? If that it cause for going to war for having any type nuke then we have a lot of countries to invade... Were going to need to raise taxes heh.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Whoa so timely to find something just before elections, and do they have pictures?

I can wait for bid-landen to pop up anytime soon.

Until more info is made available I've got to say that marg's wondering if this is a hoax has a higher probability of being correct, but in this crazy day and age who knows?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's Interior Ministry dismissed as "stupid" a report in a local newspaper on Wednesday that said three nuclear missiles had been found near the town of Tikrit.
A senior U.S. military official told reporters he had no information on the report in the newspaper al-Sabah. He said officials were checking the report.

Asked by Reuters about the report, a spokesman at the Interior Ministry said: "It's stupid."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's the original source :-

www.alsabaah.com...

Full article :-

KHUDIR AL- DORI UNVEILS THREE HIDDEN NUCLEAR MISSILES�
Baghdad, As-Sabah , July 21, Page 1�
The official sources at the ministry of interior and the national security advisor department have refrained commenting on the news of seizing three missiles of nuclear heads in the course of arresting Khudir al- Dori the former leader at the dissolved Baath party.Notably, Iraqi political sources on anonymity affirmed that the detaining of al- Dori by the Iraqi security departments resulted in the seize of three nuclear heads missiles .The sources indicated that Khudir al- Dori occupied top party and security posts during ex-regime. Al-Dori death announced after the collapse of the regime and counterfeiting death certificate issued for him. He was arrested in the site situated between Oja and �Al-Dor .The sources were quoted as saying that these nuclear missiles were found in tunnel underground at six meters length were covered carefully to mislead sensitive scientific apparatuses detecting for these weapons.

Still nothing on BBC, AP, Reuters. and no further confirmations. Google news has the Washington Times story but none others.

This is very slow for what should be a huge story. I have to say it's starting to look a bit doubtful, but I may be wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I can wait for bid-landen to pop up anytime soon.

here a conspiracy, there a conspriacy, everywhere a conspiracy............

Get real it is a wonder how anytime a possible WMD find is reported it is quickly dismissed as some elaborate scheme tied to the current administration.

Truth is Iraq had them, how many? unknown. Were they all destroyed? no.
Should we still look for them? yes.

Intelligence estimates on there WMD's flawed? yes
Does that mean they didn't have any WMD's? no

Like I said before, let's hope they find every potential WMD and destroy it so they will never be used again.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Finding 3 nukes if true still does not justify an invasion in my mind. Yet it does take pressure off of Bush's reasoning for going to war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join