It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the odds that society will still be intact next year?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I just can't envision things going on like this much longer. The perfect storm is brewing. I think there is a good chance that global meltdown will be in our face, big time, by this time next year. What are the odds? I dunno but I lean toward 60/40. What odds do you guys say?

edit on 16-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh man, it's looking so bad that it's not WW4 that will be fought with sticks and stones, but WW3..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Slim to none

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
All these disasters are occurring within such a short time period of one another
I don't know what to believe any more. To say this is due to the comet elinin would be a wild guess, but would need a lot of evidence to of course back it up.
But I just don't know any more
Earth is going on a downward spiral, and it doesn't look to pretty down there neither
45/55 imo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I ask a question like that to a lot of people, and, invariably, the answer has been "not much chance at all/"

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and no matter what happens, you'll always be ready. Nobody looks as foolish as a person who's been warned and does nothing about it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think the way the planet is going. Wars will be the last thing on our minds. Just staying alive will be,

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I would say that it's 98.9% chance that society will still be kicking.
I do look for more natural disasters and more man made ones.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
99.99% that it will be business as usual. I haven't seen anything happen this year so far that hasn't happened at some point in my life so far. Only the names and places change.

And I think if most of you really believed that society was going to crumble that you'd be out there living/partying doing whatever you want, not posting on ATS

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I dont know but i wish whatever is going to happen on the east coast
would happen already. I gotta work in the A.M and i really dont want to go.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Everything is going to be fine next year (relatively fine). You guys are just drooling over the concept of world-wide societal collapse.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm beting on Jesus returning this year. So odds are, the world will be in total chaos come next year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
99%

See ya next year

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Earthquakes happening all over the world, tsunami's, mass riots, ever rising cost of living, countries killing their own people, aids, bird flu, ebola, swine flu, and governments all over the world openly picking a fight with its own citizens..!
"It's really all over Isn't it..?"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
99.99% that it will be business as usual. I haven't seen anything happen this year so far that hasn't happened at some point in my life so far. Only the names and places change.

Wow. I don't know whether you are overly optimistic or in denial or maybe not paying close enough attention or what.

And I think if most of you really believed that society was going to crumble that you'd be out there living/partying doing whatever you want, not posting on ATS

I think there is maybe a few years left, and I am preparing as we speak. Starting in mid April I will be out there on a semi-permanent pilgrimage going from sacred site to sacred site or wherever the Spirit takes me.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Paraphrasing the great Stephen King, Next year will just be a big pile of SSDD. And the year after that more SSDD. And the year after that will be even more SSDD.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
As to wether or not society as a whole will still be intact as we know it today depends solely and exclusively upon us as we are society as a whole and ask yourself, "Why should society suffer on the account of a few incompetent fools and morons for?".

Society will be around for as long as all people allow it to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Name one year in history without earthquakes.
Name one year in history without storms.
Name one year in history without a war.
Name one year in history without an uprising.
Name one year in history without diseases.
Name one year in history when the poor got richer.
Name one year in history when the rich were not in a position of power.

This is called life on Earth. Get used to it.

It may be blunt but it’s accurate.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If you read "Limits to growth" by the club of Rome you will see that the disaster in Japan is nothing compared to what's a head of us.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since supplies of oil and gas are essential to modern agriculture techniques, a fall in global oil supplies could cause spiking food prices and unprecedented famine in the coming decades.[39][note 1] Richard C. Duncan claims the “world population will decline to about 2 billion circa 2050.”

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2008 Graham Turner at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) in Australia published a paper called "A Comparison of `The Limits to Growth` with Thirty Years of Reality".[6][7] It examined the past thirty years of reality with the predictions made in 1972 and found that changes in industrial production, food production and pollution are all in line with the book's predictions of economic and societal collapse in the 21st century

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Many of you might not believe in the flood that occured some time ago but it was a very important part of what's coming in the near future.

When this earth was originally formed, it became a hot ball of water and rock that turned into lava. The gravity forces from the magnetic core turned it into a level crust as it cooled down. When anything hot like this loses it's water, cracks form as it shrinks. This allows the heat to escape from underneath it.

The flood was the result of the globe of ice crystals in the outer atmosphere that was pushed out by the heat of the earth until it cooled down. Enough water rained to the earth for God's living creation and their bodies to live with but as it cooled off the earth rapidly, there wasn't enough heat in the atmosphere to keep melting the water vapor that was frozen.

This globe of ice crystals kept the UV Ray's of the sun from it's harmful effects on physical properties of our bodies and everything else on earth. The cracks filled up with water so there were all kinds of natural hot springs that kept the magma deep in the earth at a steady temperature.

However, God needed a way to end this age and get back the original conditions of earth. By making these ice crystals in the atmosphere rapidly melt, it would produce over 8,000 feet deep of water on top of the crust. This produced enormous pressures on the thin crust and it destroyed it. This is when the mountains and oceans were made.

Most of the cracks were covered up with rock and without a globe of ice crystals, the once perfect climate changed to storms, wind, hot and cold. The sun became the heat source for the climate instead of the warm moist heat from the natural jacuzzi's. This caused the polar caps to form that winterized each hemisphere depending on the angle of the earth to the sun.

Since the flood, there hasn't been near enough cracks in the crust to let the heat out. The mantle under the crust has become as hard as the crust with all the pressure from the magma underneath it. But just like a pressure cooker with a faulty valve that makes the whole cooker shake before it blows, the same thing will happen to the crust of the earth.

The first sign will be the violent shaking of the earth that will kill most people from falling buildings, walls, mountains and anything else that man built. Then the lava will start pouring out of all the present volcanoes and mountain tops. Many new cracks will erupt in the crust as more and more hot molten lava escape from the deep magma and melt it on the way out.

Eventually, all the crust of earth will be remelted into the lake of fire and this will continue to cycle until all the pressure is let out. Then the earth can start cooling down and we'll be right back to the original earth as most of the water remains in the outer atmosphere as ice crystals. The crust will be level again with sufficient cracks to let the heat out of the magma.

Never again will God kill his people with water. That was his promise to Noah but no one suspected he would kill us with hot lava except Jesus and us saints who he revealed this knowledge as we wrote and spoke his inspired words. It was his power of the spoken word that put this age to an end so it won't be long before this earth begins shaking violently.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Name one year in history without earthquakes.
Name one year in history without storms.
Name one year in history without a war.
Name one year in history without an uprising.
Name one year in history without diseases.
Name one year in history when the poor got richer.
Name one year in history when the rich were not in a position of power.

This is called life on Earth. Get used to it.

It may be blunt but it’s accurate.

Fair enough but name one year when they happened all in the very same year!?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join