It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots More Dead Bees in California - 3/16/2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
In response to the OP...

The bees are dying because of Bayer pestisides and the entire market they have cornered which basically force the entire world to use it. Coast to Coast AM has had a few segments on it. I highly recomend finding these interviews and listening, they were very informative.

Supposedly Bayer can't get this certain type of pestide(I forget the name at the moment) apporved so they have repeatedly falsefied paperwork to keep getting it renewed as some kind of trial status under different names. If I remember correctly the chemical which is highly toxic to honey bees sticks around in the environment in which it was sprayed for years.

PS I will try to find these interviews and get them posted...

Found the most recent update...

edit on 17-3-2011 by OatDelphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I know speculativeoptimist had already provided this link. However, my thoughts on this is, if you have pets, or anyone you know have one and they are acting a bit weird or have left and run away. It is in your best interest to run away also. Get a vacation, there is something big about to happen and Obama is somehere away from the U.S. on Vacation (hint, hint)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
im sorry if i seem to be the only one so far that feels a little iffy about this...im not saying i dont beelieve this but he says it like massive amount of bees are just seemingly fallin from the sky...but in the pics i really only see one maybe 2 bees...and everyone here has seen a few dead bees in their day...if there was more proof like pics of whole swarms then id be worried but a few pics with what looks like the same single bee?....like i said no disrespect but sometimes just takin someones word for it just isnt enough

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Wow, this is exactly what I've been seeing as well....

I have bees that hang around in my garden as well, and I use ZERO pesticides of any kind and grow only 10000% organic things. These bees that die in my garden aren't dying because of a pesticide.

I happen to live somewhat close to a University and am wondering if the next time I find a few of them laying around like this, if I should put them in a jar or bag and take them down there to examine further. Think they would charge me money given the circumstances or offer to do it as a college study?

Thanks for posting the pics!
Now there is a thread that has two people on opposite sides of the ring of fire showing the same patterns and strange occurrences.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

You dont know that. You cannot say that the bees dying in your garden are not dying because of pesticide just because you dont use any.

Clearly, you are not reading ANY of the material on the pesticides suspected that people are linking to.

These pesticides are DESIGNED to be slow acting so that the insect carries the pesticide off with them and kills more insects long distances away. The one used for termites has at least a 10 year effective rate, meaning 10 years after it is applied, it is still able to kill insects.

There is no way on Gods Earth without testing each of those bees you could know if pesticides were involved or not.

We cannot say for certain they WERE involved without testing, but you cannot say they are NOT without testing either.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Let me clarify a few things...

1) I don't have time to run around taking pictures every time I see dead bees... lately I have been seeing more of them than usual which is why I am concerned.

2) I know the difference between normal behavior of bees because I have been an avid gardener for years and consider myself pretty in touch with my surrounding habitat. I've spent a lot of time watching bees dance around in my garden. Depending on what is blooming, everything from jasmine to lavender attracts hordes of bees, especially in the mornings.

3) I have NEVER seen bees act confused or drunk or watched them land on something and just die without moving. This happens when other insects or animals get involved, not when they are just going about their business of pollen gathering.

Try to picture if you can, hundreds of bees buzzing around the tree in the picture I posted. Now try to imagine watching the bees start flying around, crazy, like they have no idea where they are and are extremely confused, and they hit the ground like a drop of rain falling from the sky or a crashing plane. Once they land, they sometimes walk around for a bit in circles or look like they are twitching, but most don't get up and walk around, they just sit there and kind of squirm a bit and die what looks like a slow painful death. This isn't the same as bees that get into fights with other insects, you can see that unfold and watch it. It's like nothing I've ever seen before and I've watched nature quite a bit.

For those of you who think it's just a few bees, the camera on my phone can't capture a bunch of little "beads" all over the pavement... the ones I took pictures of were freshly dead and had just fallen from the sky/tree. There were at least 2-3 dozen more on the ground that had been there longer and were balled up and too hard to get a good shot of.

For those who think this is normal, or pesticides, or anything else... perhaps you're right, but so far there isn't any proof so I guess I'll have to try and get some as I mentioned above.

I appreciate everyone's feedback so far.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

"3) I have NEVER seen bees act confused or drunk or watched them land on something and just die without moving. This happens when other insects or animals get involved, not when they are just going about their business of pollen gathering." ...

..."For those who think this is normal, or pesticides, or anything else... perhaps you're right, but so far there isn't any proof so I guess I'll have to try and get some as I mentioned above.

I appreciate everyone's feedback so far.

~Namaste"

Well I have to say that the drunk description you observed would go hand and hand with what Major Ed Dames just recently suggested. He was speaking on Coast To Coast AM just last week saying that the solar energy is increasing especially in the spectrums that bees see in. Basically he stated that this is blinding the bees and they are not able to find the center of the flower and thus are starving.

I personally am still blaming the pesticide side of the argument but there are some correlations between your observations and Ed Dames suggestion that draw my attention. I know I will be keeping an eye out all spring to see if the bees are missing their targets...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm usually trying to offer an alternative view to the natural vs unnatural types threads, but I have to be on board with this one..

For a few weeks now, I have noticed bees struggling on the ground but eventually getting up and flying off. I have always seen this on occassion but lately it's seems like I notice it more and more. Two days ago I was in the back yard and watched a bee skittering across the ground for at least 2 mins.. On his back, over again.. fly a few inches up and then crash and start all over. I ended up seeing this 3 times in about an hour outside. It's not plague level or anything however I percieved both the behavior and the repetition of it, as unusual. Strange enough for me to still recall it instantly as I read the OP, at least.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SickOfBS

There are native bees without a stinger, but these are hard to colonise like the European bees, the common bee. The commonbee is the one that is in most trouble.

I'm not stating that I believe the OP either as I only see 3 bees dead in total.

It would be a tragedy and a disaster if all the bees disappear. We have had a lot less bees in the nursey I work at too. It does seem as though something is going on. It is related to a fungus in their breeding boxes and nests tho.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I recently watched this documentary on PBS (That you can watch online, here called "Silence of the Bees" www.pbs.org... isode/251/ ) It is a likely cause of huge die offs of hives in the U.S. and in France before here. It is called "Colony Collapse Disorder " . It is VERY telling and frightening to think that there may be no turning this around. The implications are HUGE. I have been finding many dead bees on my patio and everywhere I go in Carlsbad California for the last 4 years. It is not only an immediately, recent thing. It is merely, escalating, sadly. For those of us whom believe in the Holy Scriptures, you understand what I mean if I suggest that this could be the kick off of the Famine that the "Pale Horse and the one seated upon it... is given authority to bring" Revelation CH-6 VS-8 .
edit on 4-10-2011 by Oliver1 because: Needed to name the video I linked to

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
And you only see June bugs around the start and middle summer...Whats the big deal? If they die they will comeback, I will bet money that after this COLD winter, you will see a rise in Bees by spring....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join